Complete Linked / Skilled/Attributed teams **DOWNLOAD STEPS INCLUDED** - check 1st post for list

Anything forthcoming from you guys at Big Ant? We're told you read every post here and yet this is something we're being completely left in the dark about, same goes for our concerns with modding.

What about some guidance as to the exact gameplay effects of each attribute and how to configure them to produce the most realistic AI behaviour and simulated scorelines?

I appreciate that you're working on patch#3 but this is an issue completely independent of anything that might change. Regardless of any gameplay changes, it's important that we know how to best create the players and assign their skills.

What about some guidance as to the exact gameplay effects of each attribute and how to configure them to produce the most realistic AI behaviour and simulated scorelines?

I appreciate that you're working on patch#3 but this is an issue completely independent of anything that might change. Regardless of any gameplay changes, it's important that we know how to best create the players and assign their skills.

I can't imagine they'd give us "exact gameplay effects of each attribute", because that would essentially say "this is how to exploit"... but some guidance on the interactions and what a "full" bar means etc. would certainly be helpful

I can't imagine they'd give us "exact gameplay effects of each attribute", because that would essentially say "this is how to exploit"... but some guidance on the interactions and what a "full" bar means etc. would certainly be helpful
I don't see how it would help to exploit anything... Perhaps 'exact' was a little exaggerated as I don't mean I want to know precisely what algorithms and calculations are going on behind the scenes, but something more like a list of all the macroscopic changes to the gameplay at say 0%, 25%, 50%, 75% and 100% as well as how the attributes interact with each other. It sounds like we're very much on the same page so maybe my wording was a little off.

because that would essentially say "this is how to exploit"
what if people want to exploit let them have the fun whats wrong with that
1. you can normalize in online so that's not a problem
2.nobody cares about someone getting a number in the leader board.

lol after all that madman just wacks his way to leader board by advance shots xp on rookie literally single handedly, so this wouldn't be the most dangerous thing to give info on and break the game.

If anything giving info attributes will greatly improve player and team creations.

ever since that patch 2 release date hoopla, ross has been sort of too tight lipped about things with regards to the game....
we are mostly good crowd here nowadays

what if people want to exploit let them have the fun whats wrong with that
1. you can normalize in online so that's not a problem
2.nobody cares about someone getting a number in the leader board.

lol after all that madman just wacks his way to leader board by advance shots xp on rookie literally single handedly, so this wouldn't be the most dangerous thing to give info on and break the game.

If anything giving info attributes will greatly improve player and team creations.

ever since that patch 2 release date hoopla, ross has been sort of too tight lipped about things with regards to the game....
we are mostly good crowd here nowadays

With good reason, when patch#3 is minutes from being live then you will hear what's exactly in it.

With good reason, when patch#3 is minutes from being live then you will hear what's exactly in it.
I misread that first time around and missed the "when"... Got my hopes up :p.

I would happily be proven wrong but I don't see how patch#3 has anything to do with what we're requesting here - in depth explanations of each attribute to aid help us create more accurate players.

I am number 1, best DBC player evar!!! :p But seriously, the leaderboards mean nothing and I'd hate to see game mechanics in place to try to 'protect their integrity'... It already seems like the locked/forced career mode difficulties serve this purpose.

You could easily just do my advance shot exploit in career mode repeatedly to top that leaderboard as well - it would take longer as you would need to do it on Pro-Legend and perhaps limit it to only against spinners... There's no way the leaderboards reflect the people who are most skilled at the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

We are working towards patch#3 which will include many bug fixes and changes, I can't go into detail until we are nearer completion.

I would happily be proven wrong but I don't see how patch#3 has anything to do with what we're requesting here - in depth explanations of each attribute to aid help us create more accurate players.

ok just reading between lines......

.... so patch 3 must have a feature to address making attributes clear like some sort of tooltip description when we move over the attribs.It makes sense as if you guys are going to share it better share it in a way it reaches all, even though the core player creators may reside here, i guess this would help all atleast to build their career players.

ok just reading between lines......

.... so patch 3 must have a feature to address making attributes clear like some sort of tooltip description when we move over the attribs.It makes sense as if you guys are going to share it better share it in a way it reaches all, even though the core player creators may reside here, i guess this would help all atleast to build their career players.
I hope you're right, that would make a lot of sense to implement.

I think it's less complicated than reading between the lines. I think it's more them promising something then not delivering. I think they have a list of goals to achieve and they're working their way down that list in order of priorities with the resources they have available... When time is called on that process and it's been tested they'll only then know the make-up of what they're actually going to push out to users. Eg: I imagine if they promised cheerleaders today, then found late in testing that the implementation of cheerleaders meant the scoreboard didn't work so took it out, there would be an awful lot of hullabaloo.

Also, we shouldn't confuse things here: while it would be nice to have some guidance regarding the best way to skill (and attribute) the created players, issues like no AI edges, the inability to hit "normal" shots along the ground etc. are nothing to do with the skilling.

^This guy gets it.

Users who are viewing this thread