Computer Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imported_graham

hah i'm lucky, i'm getting it from a freind tommoz :D :D :D carnt wait!! :P

r u guys having original versions of all the games ?
wot does he or u mean??

D

Duncan

itz actualli a bit different,

when u donwload games..

they may b rippd, so u hav 2 extract and decompress files and appli new registry settings

some are burnt from iso...so itz copied from da cd

som u just get serial keyz

B)

if dis stuff offends u....READ MORE :lol:

R

rasi

Originally posted by -=du88nc=-@Jul 15 2003, 05:20 PM
itz actualli a bit different,

when u donwload games..

they may b rippd, so u hav 2 extract and decompress files and appli new registry settings

some are burnt from iso...so itz copied from da cd

som u just get serial keyz

B)

if dis stuff offends u....READ MORE? :lol:
Andrew just means to say that downloading something which deserves credit to its manufacturer is stealing the concerned party off its profits. That is the same as stealing from the shelves of a store which results in the loss to the shop. :D

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Downloading a game or any software is theft. Simple.

If you download Windows XP, people justify it by saying "Bill Gates is the richest man in the world, so it doesn't matter". But you're not just taking money from Bill Gates, or the boss of the games company. You're taking money from everybody at the company, right down to the person who cleans the toilets.

Dowloading games is stealing.
Downloading commercial applications is stealing
Downloading music is stealing
Dowloading films is stealing.

By doing all those, you are taking people livelyhoods away from them, stopping them getting their hard earned money. Yes Bill Gates doesn't need any more money. But the guy who drives his limo probably does. The people who work in sweatshops packaging the products probably need more money. Downloading these things stops people working on or below minimum wage getting the money they need.

You're right though, downloading a game isn't the same as stealing it from a shop. It's a happy thoughts of a lot worse.

I

imported_Rollo

But downloading games is legal,I think.I don't know the p.c. law. :blink: Otherwise there wouldn't be Kazaa.Btw,do you download things on kazaa cos you're doing theft too.If not,then y do you have kazaa?

Mine are:
Cricket 2002
Need4Speed Compendium 2002
Need4Speed Hot Pursuit 2
Brian Lara Cricket
CueClub
Perfect Snooker Collection 2002
F1 2002
FIFA Soccer Manager
FIFA 2002
FIFA 2001
Viva football
NBA live 99
Monsters Inc. Scream Alley
Wipeout
F22 did air dominace fighter

I'm going to get vice city and fifa 2003 soon.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Downloading games is completely illegal, wether it's with Kazaa or not. If you haven't walked into a shop and handed over money for a game, you have stolen it.

That is why the PC industry, the film industry and the music industry want Kazaa, etc to be closed down.

As to why I have Kazaa. I use it to occasionally download the very small amount of legal material that is on there.

Personally I don't think Kazaa and programs like it should be closed down. As Kazaa does not host the illegal files it is not their fault. Closing down Kazaa for people trading things illegally would be like closing down the Post Office beacuse people posted drugs through the post.

H

howzatt

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :cheer:
You want any thos games just mail me.....@ *****************.com.....

Post edited by admin</span>

This is your one and only warning.

<span style=\'color:blue\'>No racism, <a href=\'http://216.239.41.100/search?q=cache:rr-YulDhsUwJ:www.whatis.com/definition/0,,sid9_gci21333800.html+warez+definition&hl=en&ie=UTF-8\' target=\'_blank\'>Warez</a> or adult material oriented talk.

The rules of this forum are simple.

If you cant follow them I dont care who you are, you'll be banned.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
I don't want any games from you!

You are breaking the law by offering to sell illegally copied games!

I hope no-one helps you to break the law.

You're only making trouble for yourself.

H

howzatt

i m sorry ........ :bow:

i dont do that next time..pls forgive me.....SORRY :sorry: :sorry:

A

Admin

Cleaned out thread and closing topic.

If you want open another thread on the original topic but keep the chat to legal and sensible discussions.

And some of you seem to have very distorted ideas of what is legal and what's not. Give some respect to developers and buy the software/games that you like.

Piracy is not a topic up for debate on this forum/site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread