Controller Support / 360 degree controls

Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2 is not supported, and does not work in game. It does however appear in the controls section.
Same for my Saitek Cyborg Rumble.

Anyone heard if they plan to support other controller in the released game? For me it will stop me buying the game if I have to buy a games for windows controller also.

My Logitech Gamepad does not work.My PS3 Controller is showing on the Control Option but even after saving it I still can't use it ! Rather annoying !

Someone also please post a thread on graphic card compatibilty like last time,which was done in the BLIC 2007 Forum.

got logitech dual action pad works but all over the place are the buttons is there anything can be done :facepalm

I have the USB PS2 control adapter - works fine for all other games like PES and BLIC but sadly and frustratingly can't get it to work on this :(

It's on the list but when I select it the controllers just don't work - Anybody any ideas how to solve this??

Fix for those whose gamepad is not supported in the game but works in other games:

1)Download Latest version of Xpadder by googling it. Install it.

2) Write down all the controls for keyboard on a paper.

3)Run xpadder and assign each keyboard key to be used in the game to a button on controller. This way you can use controller in the game but game would think you are using a keyboard.

Cheers

I hope that helps;)

There's a better way but it's a bit complex and involves registry editing. If you can't get into the Registry Editor by yourself, do what AngryPixel suggests.

Anyway, adapted slightly from GTAForums.com -> Possible fix for USB gamepad problem

Open regedit and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\

You should see a long list of VID_0000&PID_0000 listings, now you need to go find which one of those is your device. In most cases it is obvious, there will be a + sign next to it with some more options, but if you see multiple ones you need to check it in Device Manager, just find the right device (Mine was under 'HID-compliant game controller'). In the details tab the option is Device instance ID, which will give you the relevant number.

Once you have it, pick buttons from the drop down menu, for me I have 12 buttons so it was numbered 0 to 11. Note that in the testing page it is numbered from 1, so take away one from those numbers, or any numbers printed on the buttons themselves.

The test page is useful to help you here, Control Panel -> Game Controllers -> Properties. Then look what button press corresponds to what number, and compare that to where you'd expect the button to be.

Then, go back to regedit, and take a note of the 'Attributes', which will be a hex string that identifies what button is what. For mine it was

02 80 00 00 09 00 -- 00

where the -- was counting up in hex from 01 for the button 0 to 0c for button 11.

From here, you'd do a simple swap. For me buttons three and one were upside down, so you'd set Button 0 (button one) to be 02 80 00 00 09 00 03 00 and Button 2 (button three) to be 02 80 00 00 09 00 01 00.

You might need to restart for it to take effect. But for me the greater issue is AC09 doesn't even notice my pad in the first place.

I'll give Xpadder method a go, prefer to keep out of the registry editing.

BTW should the analog stick control the shot direction or is the arrow key right for that?

Edit: Sweet works nicely, for those that have the controller working you need to turn it off. Was wondering why mine wasn't working.

i have a 360 wireless controller. how do i get it to work on pc? also if i manage to get a wired 360 controller, all i do is plug it in? or do they have special 360 controllers for the pc.
You can get a wireless adapter for 360 controller or easy thing is to just get a wired xbox 360 controller which is just plug and play.

Fix for those whose gamepad is not supported in the game but works in other games:

1)Download Latest version of Xpadder by googling it. Install it.

2) Write down all the controls for keyboard on a paper.

3)Run xpadder and assign each keyboard key to be used in the game to a button on controller. This way you can use controller in the game but game would think you are using a keyboard.

Cheers

I hope that helps;)

There's a better way but it's a bit complex and involves registry editing. If you can't get into the Registry Editor by yourself, do what AngryPixel suggests.

Anyway, adapted slightly from GTAForums.com -> Possible fix for USB gamepad problem

Open regedit and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\

You should see a long list of VID_0000&PID_0000 listings, now you need to go find which one of those is your device. In most cases it is obvious, there will be a + sign next to it with some more options, but if you see multiple ones you need to check it in Device Manager, just find the right device (Mine was under 'HID-compliant game controller'). In the details tab the option is Device instance ID, which will give you the relevant number.

Once you have it, pick buttons from the drop down menu, for me I have 12 buttons so it was numbered 0 to 11. Note that in the testing page it is numbered from 1, so take away one from those numbers, or any numbers printed on the buttons themselves.

The test page is useful to help you here, Control Panel -> Game Controllers -> Properties. Then look what button press corresponds to what number, and compare that to where you'd expect the button to be.

Then, go back to regedit, and take a note of the 'Attributes', which will be a hex string that identifies what button is what. For mine it was

02 80 00 00 09 00 -- 00

where the -- was counting up in hex from 01 for the button 0 to 0c for button 11.

From here, you'd do a simple swap. For me buttons three and one were upside down, so you'd set Button 0 (button one) to be 02 80 00 00 09 00 03 00 and Button 2 (button three) to be 02 80 00 00 09 00 01 00.

You might need to restart for it to take effect. But for me the greater issue is AC09 doesn't even notice my pad in the first place.

Thanks for your help guys - I'll try this out when I get home form work this evening

Users who are viewing this thread