Controller Support / 360 degree controls

Guys does the demo does'nt support force feedback vibration on the 360 controller? I cant get any vibration while it works fine with game like GTA IV.

Okay, had some success in testing. For people using Logitech controllers, you can use the Logitech Profiler software to map buttons to keypresses. You can actually map macros, or sets of commands, so it's a pretty handy tool. You can get the latest version free from somewhere in the Logitech site and it works with all versions of Windows.

Help with controller problem

Hi guys,

I've got a Logitech Rumblepad 2 and the game basically worked well with it, although there were a few minor things such as moving the batsmen left was assigned to a button but moving him right wasn't, and the swing buttons weren't assigned.

Anyway, I downloaded the Logitech profiler and I tried to set up a profile and map a couple of buttons for the game, but now my controller doesn't work at all. The game recognises it in the options menu, but doesn't recognise any button presses. :(

And when I deleted the profile, or closed down the profiler program, I now get the same thing - it recognises the controller but it doesn't work. :(

Any ideas??

Would anyone like to be a little more helpful??

I've worked out I didn't use the profiler properly, but I can't work out how to properly map the controls. At the moment my '2' button (same as 'x' on a PS3 controller) is mapped to move down rather than attacking shot. :(

I'm having the same problem. It's because button 2 is meant to be button 1, button 3 is meant to be button 2, and so forth. I can't figure out how to fix it since logitech profiler doesnt seem to let you assign a button to a different button.

Pc controls

hi guys though i searched for pc controls of ashes 2009 demo i was unsuccessfull plz any1 help me out with correct pc controls....with correct explanation..thanks in advance

Would anyone like to be a little more helpful?
Not really, I came up with this at about 4am :p

It's interesting that the Logitech software, which includes drivers, appears to change the functionality of (read: break) the controller. If we work out why, perhaps scrub the drivers and registry keys out of the system, maybe we won't need to remap the buttons. Then again, in this case, the triggers didn't appear to work properly, so maybe mapping is the best option. We really need more info on this, what OS people are using and how they installed their gamepad, whether just by plug and play, or by installing the official software; in the case of the latter, what version of the software could be useful.

Anyway, to remap the gamepad, you need to know the game's keyboard commands. I can't remember the whole list, but basically WASD is your dpad and the arrow keys are your main buttons. Moving the batsman/bowler and selecting footwork/sideways movement are assigned to the top buttons, while the remaining things if I remember correctly are meant to be assigned to the right stick. In the profiler, go to 'Edit' > ' 'Assignments' > 'Keystrokes...' To make a keystroke, you just click 'New...' then in the new box click 'Record' press the key you want to assign to a button and then press 'Stop'. Repeat the process for the keys that have commands. Then you'll be able to click on the buttons in the main screen and 'Select keystroke'. The dpads and sticks are a little trickier, but I think you'll be able to work it out.

It's a work in progress, I'm not sure what caveats there are. Certainly the driver thing is a bigger issue to look at.

Need Help Configuring Joypad

Right, i need some help configuring my joypad with this device. It is currently 90% setup. The problem i have is the right stick up and down do not work. Every other button seems to be setup correctly as if i am using a ps2/360 gamepad. There is a config file included which needs to be edited.

Rep on offer. :)

Attachments

• help.rar
    121 KB · Views: 93
Okay, by the power of dual boot I can compare drivers that work properly and the ones that don't. The regular controls are indeed messed up.

Well I've managed to restore some normality with xpadder, having failed in an attempt to use an xbox360 controller emulator. It's still not as good though - I can't work out how to make the left analogue stick as fluid as it was previously. And having the catch/ enter button on the back right trigger is far from ideal!

With the profiler my main problem was working out how to ideally assign the key layouts - because if I map the controls out as they are in gameplay, then I have to use the normal buttons to navigate round the menus which is fiddly in the extreme. :facepalm

I could try cleaning the registry, but as I don't really know anything about the workings of computers I'm very wary to try such a tactic just yet.

I might just buy an xbox 360 controller if i can't work this out...

I also find it very difficult to use keyboard controls. Does anyone recommend me a good joystick to use with my PC?

It's ?17.99 on Play and Amazon.

NICK_GIFF added 4 Minutes and 7 Seconds later...

angryangry - if you get a half decent set-up, would you mind putting your profile for the game up for download somewhere?

Right, I've managed to kind of get it working using xpadder but now, infuriatingly, the game isn't recognising my button presses as quickly as before my problems - which makes batting in hard mode impossible! It used to be I'd press the button just as Johnson is delivering the ball, but when I do that now I get a late miss. :mad:

Anyone know how to make xpadder speed up my controller?? I've tried things like key tap time to 0.01s and turning on turbo, but they make no difference.

Last edited:
I got it sorted, but it makes no difference in game, xbox360 emulation software make no difference it seems.

Users who are viewing this thread