Cook Out for ODIs: England to be captained by Morgan

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Ireland I feel sorry for them they are trying to establish themselves and we keep taking there players. So the next world tournament played and a young Irish talent plays chances are England will lure him with better money and better opportunities. I don't mind the odd player like Imran Tahir for South Africa, or maybe have 2 players at max but you have to draw a line somewhere otherwise we are not England but the British Empire X11. There is a loyalty to your country or adapted country this I am not questioning or the fact of where you were born that makes your nationality. I am just pointing out the fact that England should not be in this position of stealing players from other countries.

It's not like it's Englands choice whether the player would prefer to reside/play his game in this country than another, it's down to the player and in addition the ICC rulings on qualification. For example Morgan had a desire to play for England since he was a child.

I'm sure many people would also be criticizing them if they didn't pick the best English qualified players as well.

D

Deleted member 149013

It's not like it's Englands choice whether the player would prefer to reside/play his game in this country than another, it's down to the player and in addition the ICC rulings on qualification. For example Morgan had a desire to play for England since he was a child.

I'm sure many people would also be criticizing them if they didn't pick the best English qualified players as well.

If you were to look from a outside point of view let’s say Australia start taping into New Zealand and Sri Lanka’s playerbase. So the Ashes arrive and there team has 3 New Zealanders and they have some Sri Lankan spinners would this be ok because the players wanted to play in the Ashes? It’s a road that won’t stop until it’s too late.

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
If you were to look from a outside point of view let’s say Australia start taping into New Zealand and Sri Lanka’s playerbase. So the Ashes arrive and there team has 3 New Zealanders and they have some Sri Lankan spinners would this be ok because the players wanted to play in the Ashes? It’s a road that won’t stop until it’s too late.

If they've got some sort of Australian family links or have played the majority of their cricket within Australia recently and lived their primarily for a decent length of time (Dav Whatmore?) then I don't see a problem with it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 149013

If they've got some sort of Australian family links or have played the majority of their cricket within Australia recently and lived their primarily for a decent length of time (Dav Whatmore?) then I don't see a problem with it.
It’s one of them topics and I suppose we could debate all night but still have our views by sunrise.

Users who are viewing this thread