Created Players, Logos, Uniforms and Stadiums

I also did one of Geoff Boycott's old Slazengers from the 70s because it was easy and I had the parts lying around.

geoffslaz.jpg

Not sure if this has been asked yet - will it be possible to export the logos from the Academy to SVGs? There will surely be a lot of stuff uploaded which could be useful to people who prefer to work with tools such as Illustrator rather than the in-game editor.

Not sure if this has been asked yet - will it be possible to export the logos from the Academy to SVGs? There will surely be a lot of stuff uploaded which could be useful to people who prefer to work with tools such as Illustrator rather than the in-game editor.
I really doubt that it would be possible. Once an svg is in game, it is rather easy to edit it. I also have gathered that Big Ant want the creator to be used rather than imports. And to be honest, although tricky at first, after extensive playing around with it, I quite enjoy the creator and find it works better than trying to find a file that carries across the way I want. Practice really does make perfect. Most of my uploads (although, not all to be honest) have been in game.

I really doubt that it would be possible. Once an svg is in game, it is rather easy to edit it. I also have gathered that Big Ant want the creator to be used rather than imports. And to be honest, although tricky at first, after extensive playing around with it, I quite enjoy the creator and find it works better than trying to find a file that carries across the way I want. Practice really does make perfect. Most of my uploads (although, not all to be honest) have been in game.
I don't know much about vectors/SVGs so wasn't sure if it were possible, you're probably right - another reason I asked about exporting to SVG was because I wondered if the stuff could then be used for mods in future cricket games (or other games).

It would be a shame for the hours of work people put into making such high quality vector graphics to only apply to one game, and then need to do the same work again in a future iteration's logo creator for making the same thing. This was one thing drawing me towards using Illustrator, as if I made stuff there, I know it will remain useful in the future as well as in DBC17 (provided they would import correctly and are inside the size limit).

I know that after DBC17's life cycle is a long time into the future to be talking about, but the high quality content that will be made for this game in vector format could be timeless, and it would be fantastic if it could transfer over into future iterations.

Either way, I'll still make things for DBC17. Thinking I'll try a bat over the next few days.

Last edited by a moderator:
I traced the Woodworm logo in Photoshop during modding of DBC14 because I couldn't find a high res one online, just put it into Illustrator and used the image tracing tool then saved as SVG. It's imported pretty well into the logo creator :).

Untitled-1.jpg

Seems like some of the stuff I did for 14 may be usable in 17 - most of my work was done from scratch so it's drawings which seem to play nicely with Illustrator's tracing tool to convert them to SVG and keep them under the size limit. Unfortunately it seems that small details and text are lost in importing into the creator though, but these can be applied as seperate logos or added in using the tools in the creator.

Untitled-1.jpg

Still need to stop being lazy about learning how to use the creator, my fault for not having the attention span for it lately! I'll make more of an effort in the coming days/weeks.

A few suggestions for features/changes in the logo creator (not sure on how feasible these would be);

Ability to import another created logo in as a layer.
Ability to have the overlay JPG in the background.
More precise control over rotation, seems to move very quickly.
Option for scaling snapping to objects on other layers.
Increased maximum zoom.

A couple of questions:

How do we resize the numbers and letters in the logo editor???

Can I import more than one svg file and combine them into one logo???

Is there a detailed manual regarding the editor???

Thanks

A couple of questions:

How do we resize the numbers and letters in the logo editor???

Can I import more than one svg file and combine them into one logo???

Is there a detailed manual regarding the editor???

Thanks
1. Click the wheel button and drag the mouse across the image, then select the button below the box

2. I believe you can.

3.the last tab in the editor program

I like being able to make silly things like this in character creators :p

0mc7NL1.jpg

I like being able to make silly things like this in character creators :p

0mc7NL1.jpg

Any chance you are gonna create DC and Marvel XIs? Would be fun to use them online :yes

Any chance you are gonna create DC and Marvel XIs? Would be fun to use them online :yes
Hulk? :p

xgtCFtY.jpg

I'm more into recreating real cricket players and mods for single player but may do some more novelty things if I'm bored :).

Last edited by a moderator:
A tip for anyone looking to make bats, you can find great source images on this forum;

Custom Bats Cricket Forum - Index

Can also be searched with Google image search by putting this after your search terms;

site:custombats.co.uk

People talk about cricket gear on there and there's loads of high resolution images which are useful as a base to work with.

Users who are viewing this thread