Created Players, Logos, Uniforms and Stadiums

4IxUz1a.png

Joe Root - not sure how I feel about this one
It's a good enough effort. Strange, though, the DBC14 version is instantly recognisable (to me at least) as Joe Root...whereas the DBC17 version is more of a challenge on the immediate recognition front...despite the DBC17 Academy being more advanced in many ways. The DBC14 nose looks like a better likeness and there is something in the expression that carries off the effect better than DBC17. It's very difficult to pinpoint exactly where to improve the DBC17 version. Looking at any particular feature (with perhaps the exception of the nose) it looks fine...but together it sort of looks generic rather than characteristically Joe Root. I haven't had a go at Root yet...but have encountered similar problems with trying to get an immediate likeness.

It's a good enough effort. Strange, though, the DBC14 version is instantly recognisable (to me at least) as Joe Root...whereas the DBC17 version is more of a challenge on the immediate recognition front...despite the DBC17 Academy being more advanced in many ways. The DBC14 nose looks like a better likeness and there is something in the expression that carries off the effect better than DBC17. It's very difficult to pinpoint exactly where to improve the DBC17 version. Looking at any particular feature (with perhaps the exception of the nose) it looks fine...but together it sort of looks generic rather than characteristically Joe Root. I haven't had a go at Root yet...but have encountered similar problems with trying to get an immediate likeness.

100% agree. The hair colour doesn't help, but you're right about the instant recognisability. Was definitely a frustrating creation.

I've noticed a similar thing @Plotinus; despite the overall visual quality clearly being superior in DBC17, some players just seem awkward to capture an accurate likeness of compared to 14. I can't pinpoint the specific reasons for why this seems to be the case - I've never been great at creating a character's facial features in games (even my own), or drawing/describing faces outside of video games so I'm probably not a suitable person to be talking about the topic anyway.

Great work with the tools available though to the contributors in here, maybe through further updates to the game the creations can become even more realistic :).

Just a request, (im not on pc unfortunately).. but could someone do jake libby from notts??

I've noticed a similar thing @Plotinus; despite the overall visual quality clearly being superior in DBC17, some players just seem awkward to capture an accurate likeness of compared to 14. I can't pinpoint the specific reasons for why this seems to be the case - I've never been great at creating a character's facial features in games (even my own), or drawing/describing faces outside of video games so I'm probably not a suitable person to be talking about the topic anyway.

Great work with the tools available though to the contributors in here, maybe through further updates to the game the creations can become even more realistic :).

For whatever reason, it varies widely from player to player. A James Anderson or Kane Williamson is far easier to create than a Faulkner or Root. Can never pinpoint why though.

View attachment 172677 View attachment 172678 View attachment 172679 View attachment 172680 View attachment 172681 k
Many moons ago I had a lovely GM Diamond bat which served me well as a teenager playing for my local club in the mid 90's. Recently I found a couple of pictures for reference. Since I'm on Mac, if someone is willing to have a crack at making this old GM bat to use in Dbc 17, i'd be very appreciative!

Well, I've made all the logos for this bat... but trying to place logo's on bats now also crashes my academy straight to desktop!

Sorry bud

20160901180050_1.jpg
20160901180132_1.jpg
20160901172947_1.jpg
20160901173051_1.jpg
20160901172046_1.jpg
20160901172530_1.jpg
20160901172937_1.jpg
Lets play cricket! ;)

Make and place tattoos where you like (You import a logo and place it where you like. I did the default BA logo just to show you what it ends up like....)
Fielding and batting glasses
Updates to hairstyles and properties
Facepaint and zinc.......
Other stuff....

Coming to an update near you soon....

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread