Created Players, Logos, Uniforms and Stadiums

@whiteninness "Is it just me or did the DBC player creations translate horribly from 14 to 17?" - Seriously, can we give the adjectives a rest! WTF does this comment do for anyone - how does it help us make a better game?!?

FFS! We did what we could to translate previous characters to a totally new system, a freakin' hard engineering task.

"I haven't tried making someone in 17 yet"..... yeah, well, you're one step from my ignore list - perhaps put some hours in first before shooting off the big mouth.

How good is the detail in all these created stadium shots... I can almost make out Shane Warne's number carved into one of the toilet cubicles.

In all seriousness- detail beyond my expectations! Rock & Roll!

JL

@mikeymerren Hello, did we have the update for creating square stadiums?

Introducing the 4th Stadium for the United States Premier League - St George's Cricket Club - Denver (Imaginary). A small stadium with greenery all around.
20161004005432_1.jpg
20161004005455_1.jpg
20161004005544_1.jpg
20161004005629_1.jpg
20161004005650_1.jpg
20161004005713_1.jpg
20161004005805_1.jpg

@whiteninness "Is it just me or did the DBC player creations translate horribly from 14 to 17?" - Seriously, can we give the adjectives a rest! WTF does this comment do for anyone - how does it help us make a better game?!?

FFS! We did what we could to translate previous characters to a totally new system, a freakin' hard engineering task.

"I haven't tried making someone in 17 yet"..... yeah, well, you're one step from my ignore list - perhaps put some hours in first before shooting off the big mouth.

Well by saying that the DBC14 creations do not translate well to DBC17 simply suggests to people that we need to make the players again or do some significant edits, otherwise when DBC17 releases we won't have the same wealth of quality players as we did for DBC14.

This does not attempt to undermine the hard work of BA, but merely states an opinion based on what I've seen of the players coming over from DBC14 where they often looked amazing.

And I gave specific examples of simple changes that could be made, i.e. that in DBC17 there isn't a true blonde colour, more of an orange-yellow sort, and that some guys have mysteriously gone bald. Things that yes I think could help make the game better.

I can appreciate that "horribly" isn't a nice term and probably going too far, but that was otherwise nothing but a fair and constructive piece of criticism. The fact that I have not yet made anyone in DBC17 (I only just downloaded the academy...) shouldn't forbid me from providing feedback.[DOUBLEPOST=1475565564][/DOUBLEPOST]
Somebody please try the MCG. It's the home of test cricket

DBC14 already had something very close to the MCG so perhaps it's not a first priority.

@whiteninness Horribly is not "probably" too far - it is too far. I see little, if anything, constructive in your posts, and you continue to use overtly negative emotive terms even after my requests to tone it down, remove adjectives and get to the point in a manner useful for the team.

can someone try to make a baseball stadium please. Are the boundary lengths dependent on the stadium or does it need to be set in the match type designer like it was in dbc 14?

@whiteninness I see little, if anything, constructive in your posts

....get to the point in a manner useful for the team.

I've actually spent a solid couple of hours beta testing the stadium creator and itemised several things that I think could be improved/fixed, including details on how to implement what I believe would be a much easier means of constructing connected grandstands, particularly around an oval.

I am disappointed if that is not at all constructive to the team.

Last edited:
can someone try to make a baseball stadium please. Are the boundary lengths dependent on the stadium or does it need to be set in the match type designer like it was in dbc 14?

Yes and no.

For each created stadium there are short, medium and long boundary settings, and those can be chosen in the match type designer. When creating the stadium, you can dictate what those short, medium and long boundaries are. This isn't manual, there are I think 5 or so settings to choose from. These also change a bit based on whether or not the ground is a circle, oval or square, although for the square ground type the boundary itself cannot be square so there are large empty spaces in the corners between it and the fence.

I presume it isn't trivial to allow for actual square boundaries, as cool as they would be, as it would require significant tinkering of the field positions.

As for baseball stadiums, your best bet would be to use a square ground type and just do two big grandstands on two adjacent corners and much smaller bleachers on the other two. You can't actually have the pitch in the middle of a diamond.

@whiteninness, is it possible to create a stadium with no boundary and only a fence/boundary board? I would love to play in old style Australian stadiums where you just had a fence or boundary boards and they used to act as the boundary.

@whiteninness, is it possible to create a stadium with no boundary and only a fence/boundary board? I would love to play in old style Australian stadiums where you just had a fence or boundary boards and they used to act as the boundary.
As far as I can tell, no, although you can get the rope very close within maybe two metres. I think there is a good reason for this as dbc14 had sliding to stop the boundary animations and they don't work if you would slide through a solid fence. Ask Brad Young how it feels. Yes, it would look cool, but I think it's implementation would take a lot longer than you suspect.

So far not possible but as BA has been saying this is just the start, they will be adding more resources till the final version comes out. So far you can create three types of stadiums Oval,Circle & Square. Ropes type can be Short,Long,Wide each has two options if I remember correctly. There is one concrete that can be used, three stands type long medium and short, each can be highly configured. There are lot of hill types that can be added, roads, cars, furnitures like chairs tables, three food joints (burrito,chicken & coffee/donut). You can add cars buses, dustbins, toilets.

@Ross i just wanted to know a few things and would appreciate a response if and when you read this...
Will DBC17 have an option to edit pitch ads and overlays,
also possibly an option to change the colour and the design of the grass, as at some grounds the grass is greener and some grounds it's a darker or lighter green. Game is looking great and can't wait for the release. Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread