Cricket 09 Release Speculation Thread

To be honest, who really cares whether a PC can be called "next-gen?"

Me personally? Nah, next-gen refers to consoles only. Consoles for gaming are superior, it is their prime reason for being so drastically updated in the last 20 years. When I was three, I remember being in my lounge, playing the Sega Mega drive, Alex Kidd and Sonic. That is so nostalgic to think of these days. To see how its developed in 19 years is amazing.

PC's? Not created for gaming, and only a by-part of the machine. If you ask me, anyone who buys a PC for the sole reason of gaming needs their heads checked.

But that's just my opinion.

C09? If it happens, great! If its just C07 repackages then I might definitely give it a miss, or go against my beliefs of stealing, and obtain the game some other way. I bought 04, 05 and 07. I'm not buying 07 again, when the patchers at this forum can do a better job.

Simbazz said:
But that's just my opinion.
You hadn't added that and I would've sworn, really I would've. ;) I'll take those points on anyways.

Simbazz said:
Consoles for gaming are superior,
And what makes you claim that?

Simbazz said:
Me personally? Nah, next-gen refers to consoles only.
Okay, fine. But then what is next gen for you?

Simbazz said:
and only a by-part of the machine.
?? Actually the consoles are derived from PC's.
Simbazz said:
If you ask me, anyone who buys a PC for the sole reason of gaming needs their heads checked.
Oh really, how would the monkey know how ginger tastes? :p (This is some Hindi phrase and looks a bit odd translated to English, but conveys the meaning nevertheless).

Consoles are better for games because all its hardware is poured into what is being played. PCs were not built for games and when you play on them just a part of the hardware is being utilised.

To be honest, who really cares whether a PC can be called "next-gen?"
PC's? Not created for gaming, and only a by-part of the machine. If you ask me, anyone who buys a PC for the sole reason of gaming needs their heads checked.

no, pc is for gaming also,if pc is not for gaming then why we used such word gaming pc,if pc is not for gaming then why everyone buy graphic card to play games ,if is pc not for gaming then why we predict pc's performance by Fps of games.you must forget there are huge collection games is released only on pc.
and pc started is the revolution of games.pc is a machine where you can do every kind of job,but in console you cant.so how do you say that PC is not for gaming

skater said:
Consoles are better for games because all its hardware is poured into what is being played. PCs were not built for games and when you play on them just a part of the hardware is being utilised.
So you mean, I fit a PC with less hardware and it becomes better?

Moreover, all fine in theory, do you have any source to back your claims? Because I have for mine, when I claim that even the midrange PC hardware is far more powerful than console ones, both CPU and GPU wise. If 10% of something is equal to 100% of another, doesn't mean the thing with 100% is better.

You say "PC's were not built for gaming". What backs that claim? Infact Gaming in its modern form actually began on the PC's. The x86 architecture today's consoles use dates back far more back in time when consoles with x86 hardware could even be imagined. Consoles are derivatives of a PC, not vice versa

The first ever PC's created where to store information, basically a database.

Prove me wrong, if you can.

Gaming came about from a PC's capabilities. At the time, great. But, in 2009, Next-Gen CONSOLES are much better for gaming than PC's.

PC's were not originally intended for gaming, nore will a PC keep up with a console in the long run. Some games, sure, Command and Conquer type games are better on PC, i'll say that, but for Call of Duty? Halo? Fifa/PES...Its Console.

To keep it somewhat on subject, C09 would be better on a console.

EDIT; C09 would PLAY better on console. The edit ability of it on PC is why I buy it on PC.

Simbazz said:
Next-Gen CONSOLES are much better for gaming than PC's.
Again, you miss to explain any logical reason as to WHY.
Simbazz said:

Yeah, and had it not happened you wouldn't have had a console today. A PC's scope is far more than a console's.

Moreover, which theory states that things can't diversify and improve in the long run? Just because something wasn't it at the start doesn't mean it can't be in the future. A GPU's main purpose was for gaming, it wasn't invented for encoding movies, yet now it does it faster than the fastest CPU out there, is the CPU still the best for doing the job then, just because it was intended to?
Simbazz said:
PC's were not originally intended for gaming, nore will a PC keep up with a console in the long run.
Yet again, I have to ask, what backs that claim you make? What makes you think that?
Simbazz said:
but for Call of Duty?
Slightly deviating offtopic, but you're kidding me? COD4, better on a console? Sheesh move out of the rock Simon! :p

Last edited:

Gaming came about from a PC's capabilities. At the time, great. But, in 2009, Next-Gen CONSOLES are much better for gaming than PC's.

ok,but prove that fallout or crysis type FPS game is better on consoles than pc

Slightly deviating offtopic, but you're kidding me? COD4, better on a console? Sheesh move out of the rock Simon! :p

great :D

I would just like to say that my PC laughs at consoles. :p

Seriously, PC's can provide a superior gaming experience to consoles, providing you have a decent PC. Consoles have one big advantage though, and that is popularity, and ease of use.

Having a PC can be tough at times unless you have reasonable knowledge of them. There are a lot of things that can, and do go wrong. Where as a console is pick up and play, hence the popularity and ease of use.

However to say consoles are superior for gaming is just wrong. As Kshits says, even a mid range PC will ultimately offer a better gaming experience.

Perhaps the most impressive thing about consoles is that fact that they use a triple CPU processor, albeit not a very fast one.

Gas, I would seriously doubt ease of use now. The way RROD's have appeared its more horrible than a BSOD - atleast BSOD goes away on a restart!

Moreover, the definition of a decent PC is nowadays redefined. Get a $75 Graphics card, a $70 CPU, $60 motherboard, 2 Gigs RAM, and you're good to go with the best games out there with decent resolutions (Yeah, I'm talking 1680x1050 here, bar Crysis and GTA IV).

Besides, my measly $89 Core 2 Duo would destroy that triple core CPU because that box is PowerPC based :p

i think my pc decent enough(using e7300,9600gt,3gigs ram)
pc will beat consoles experience easily if the developer give some time while developing a games for pc,or when they porting it to pc.

Moreover, the old saying that its easier to program for consoles is now rapidly changing - There are things like DirectX and OpenGL for a reason, and their API's make it very much easier.

I think one of you guys should make a new forum entitled 'PC/Console argument' cause you are filling the CRICKET 09 speculation thread with all your pathetic talk!

I think one of you guys should make a new forum entitled 'PC/Console argument' cause you are filling the CRICKET 09 speculation thread with all your pathetic talk!
agree but
it is not at all pathetic, we can do nothing if ea don't announce it,there is nothing new clue about ea cricket 09.
and i will keep protesting if you use the next gen word again :p

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread