Cricket 09 Release Speculation Thread

It's not so much deliberately keeping secrets to annoy people. We have to protect our sources until we get permission to release stuff or we won't get any future info.

Can your source tell if it will be available on 360 & PS3??

every body who wants to know about next gen read this,
hope its helps
BBC NEWS | Technology | What exactly is a next generation game?
Article is 9 August 2007. This is 2009.

Kshitiz_Indian added 10 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

To me and most people I imagine 'next-gen' refers to Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and Wii. Only technical people will claim their PC is next-gen. Very few people have such PCs.
Okay. I'll get down to the technicalities for the "most people".

Xbox 360 first. It has Radeon X1800 class hardware (not even X1900). That was a generation of graphics cards. What all has AMD produced till then? Well we've had the HD 2000 series, HD 3000 series, and now HD 4000 series. That actually makes the 360 3-generations old! Yet you can call it next-gen? Just because it was next-gen when it came out doesn't mean it still is.

Besides, I'm sure I'd prefer a PC anyday over the RROD boxes.

PS3 now. The PS3 has nVidia 7800GTX graphics hardware. What all have we seen from nVidia since then? The 8000 series, the 9000 series, and albeit expensive and not worthy, the GT200 series. That makes the PS3 atleast 2 generations old, not taking into account the GT200 series! Again, just because it was next-gen when it came out doesn't mean it still is.

Moreover, all this period nVidia and AMD have produced gems of hardware at very low prices than consoles, yet those hardware can literally beat the crap out of console hardware. Its just about awareness. Also, PC has the added advantage (and a big one) of AA.

And then the presumption "very few people". I just saw these two things -

Newegg.com - EVGA 512-P3-N863-TR GeForce 9600 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Newegg.com - MSI R4670-2D512/D3 Radeon HD 4670 512MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

So for as low as $50, you get hardware capable of matching the consoles or even beating it.

Look, I don't want this to become a PC vs. Console discussion, it just hurts to see how marketing on behalf of the console makers has spread so much wrong knowledge in people. It WAS next-gen, its NOT STILL next-gen.

I have heard it won't be next gen, last gen or even new gen. It will instead be transgender. As in it will be a mix of all three.

LOL!

Will we have the Martians in it? What gen-der would be that?

According, to New Zealand online shopping website Mighty Ape, Cricket 09 is estimated for $79.99. Some weeks ago, mighty ape removed their pre-order listing forCricket 09 but now again they have enabled for it with the price $79.99.

Since it's a pre-order price for Cricket 09, we may estimate a value little closer to this.
:happy:happy
(Source= Cricket 2009.org)

Article is 9 August 2007. This is 2009.

Kshitiz_Indian added 10 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

Okay. I'll get down to the technicalities for the "most people".

Xbox 360 first. It has Radeon X1800 class hardware (not even X1900). That was a generation of ...........

ya,but it was only graphic hardware,
Xbox uses Xenon type processor(core 2 duo>Xenon),and the PS3 uses a Cell Processor
Code:
The "Processing Element" of the Cell is a 3.2-GHz PowerPC core equipped with 512 KB of L2 cache. The PowerPC core is a type of microprocessor similar to the one you would find running the Apple G5
so if u have a proccy like Core 2 quad,and even a Core 2 duo E7300,with a medium range card like Kshitiz says u can beat consoles performance,
if u look at the crysis,the Bernd Diemer, senior game designer of Crytek says that Next Gen Consoles Are Too Weak for Crysis
Crytek: Next Gen Consoles Are Too Weak for Crysis - Xbox

i saw this when i was trying to find the word Next Gen.may be next gen games are those game which are played in consoles,
and after these i realize a good Pc is far far better and ahead the Consoles :hpraise
so i will not use that word Next gen again for consoles :p

Last edited:
Look, I don't want this to become a PC vs. Console discussion, it just hurts to see how marketing on behalf of the console makers has spread so much wrong knowledge in people. It WAS next-gen, its NOT STILL next-gen.
Remember that a PS1 had a 33Mhz processor, but the PC ports of games of the time required much more power than that to get the same result, normally around 200Mhz, with a similar story when talking about graphical capabilities. The dedicated nature of console hardware makes direct comparisons completely useless.

Programmers can target the specific hardware of a console to get everything possible out of the graphics capability, which just isn't possible on PC, so that means you need more powerful hardware on a PC to get the same result.

Because the current crop of Cricket games are all console ports, looking at console generations is important. The evidence of this comes from comparing BLIC 07 and Cricket 07, one had a Xbox 360 release and the other didn't. And guess which one looked much better on PC...

Taking 'next-gen' literally serves no purpose. It is intended to signify the considerable step between PS2/Xbox/GC and 360/PS3, there is a clear generational change there. Then there is the simple fact that a multiplatform game with a PS3 release will have a better PC port than if they targeted the PS2.

Because EA have no interest in considerable PC development over and above a port, it doesn't matter if they have more power, because they aren't going to code to take advantage of it.

If EA were to do the work to get a PC Cricket game to take advantage of the latest hardware, they may as well do a port to the newer consoles, because a graphical downgrade is easier than a graphical upgrade.

Them not doing so is enough to make the assumption that it will be just a minor graphical change like the 05 to 07 one.

But this time the PC version won't be a console port! Because there were rumors that it was only going to be for PC, so that means it may be ported to a console (from a PC version). TBH, this time I'm expecting a revamped engine (it can be crap though).

what shop did u telling:rolleyes:
planet m ,crossword,??
but i know about that all copies of cricket 2007 in nearby game store was sold in 2 days,i know a person who download all recent game from...:p
even he brought the real copy of cricket 2007,because he loves cricket very much,

City centre. A store in the Saltlake city centre. A citycentre guy told me this when I went there to buy BLIC. They had to bring more copies of the game the very next day.

'Kshitiz_Indian', people say next-gen because that is the name that most people refer to PS3's and Xbox consoles as, we all know what next-gen consoles are so why not keep calling them that. It's not that big a deal anyway, get over it, stop the attempted sophisticated bickering!

'Kshitiz_Indian', people say next-gen because that is the name that most people refer to PS3's and Xbox consoles as, we all know what next-gen consoles are so why not keep calling them that. It's not that big a deal anyway, get over it, stop the attempted sophisticated bickering!

no man, you must say "Next gen consoles" to reffer Xbox 360 and PS3,only Next gen gives no meaning,:)

Who cares as long as its new cricket game.We all will be happy as long as game keeps its fundamentals right and has no bugs.Graphics doesn't matter as long as the games suck,but now a days u can even enjoy the hits of Nes or PS1 despite their graphics looks like crap compared to nowadays.So the main thing is game play and it doesn't matter if it is past generation or next generation or future generation.Bad game will suck with good graphics, and good game will shine even with bad graphics.

I am worried that the late announcement of the game could be nothing more than a re hash. Whilst there is no official word, it does not seem like the game has been in development that long, although i could be wrong.

For me, the game has to have multi player. I can't fathom how this game mode can continually be left out. Is it really that hard? If BLIC can do it, surely EA can.

Ill buy the game whatever though, i figure the more people that buy it, the more chance there is of EA making another, and better cricket game in the future.

Sad argument or whatever I don't care, but when you call something wrong you're calling it wrong. If I know a dog by the name of lion, would I call it a lion?

Lame example I know, but then that's the point. You're arguing when you don't have any points to backup your claim of "next-gen". Just calling something next gen doesn't make it "next gen".

TLCJones said:
we all know what next-gen consoles are
Really? What?

Users who are viewing this thread