Cricket 09 Release Speculation Thread

Next-gen is the generation after Playstation, Xbox and Gamecube. All it is. PC will never be next-gen like it.

Lame example I know, but then that's the point. You're arguing when you don't have any points to backup your claim of "next-gen". Just calling something next gen doesn't make it "next gen".
It is discussing the "next-generation" of consoles. Consoles have very clearly defined generations, you get a batch of them released within a short space of time, then you have none for several years.

A PS3 is 'next-gen' compared to a PS2, that is all that 'next-gen' is meaning in the context of video games.

It isn't intended to compare their hardware to PCs, as I tried to explain in the last post I made, you can't make direct comparisons anyway. It is simply a shorthand way of indicating the great graphical jump that multiplatform games get when they are made for a newer console.

Saying Cricket 09 is not 'next-gen' just saying it won't get a huge graphical update, comparable to the sorts of huge graphical difference between a PS3 and PS2 release of the same game.

The graphics of a multiplatform PC game are directly linked with the consoles it is released on. Cricket 09 is on a horribly old codebase, that traces back to 2001, there is no room for a huge advance in graphics without a ground up rewrite.

Next-gen is the generation after Playstation, Xbox and Gamecube. All it is. PC will never be next-gen like it.
PC's do have generations, and consoles are actually derived parts from a PC. You want the numbers and I'll hit you up with them. Thing is, you guys have a presumption that next-gen means good and next gen can't be achieved on a PC. Something which I'm debating.

Kshitiz_Indian added 2 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

It is discussing the "next-generation" of consoles. Consoles have very clearly defined generations, you get a batch of them released within a short space of time, then you have none for several years.

A PS3 is 'next-gen' compared to a PS2, that is all that 'next-gen' is meaning in the context of video games.

It isn't intended to compare their hardware to PCs, as I tried to explain in the last post I made, you can't make direct comparisons anyway. It is simply a shorthand way of indicating the great graphical jump that multiplatform games get when they are made for a newer console.

Saying Cricket 09 is not 'next-gen' just saying it won't get a huge graphical update, comparable to the sorts of huge graphical difference between a PS3 and PS2 release of the same game.

The graphics of a multiplatform PC game are directly linked with the consoles it is released on. Cricket 09 is on a horribly old codebase, that traces back to 2001, there is no room for a huge advance in graphics without a ground up rewrite.
I get your point where you say that next-gen simply indicates a jump in quality and has no relation to the PC, yet people claim that the game should be next-gen as if its a benchmark or something, and more irritating being the fact that they claim that consoles are more powerful than PC's which is clearly infuriating.

Look, I don't have anything against consoles. I know consoles have other many, and good, advantages. I'm merely saying that their power is NOT their advantage.

Also, as FIFA 09 has shown, a graphical step up is actually not difficult. A graphics engine is far more scalable than an AI engine, and stepping it up requires much less effort than the AI since API's like DirectX have made it pretty easy.

Also, as FIFA 09 has shown, a graphical step up is actually not difficult. A graphics engine is far more scalable than an AI engine, and stepping it up requires much less effort than the AI since API's like DirectX have made it pretty easy.
But the thing is they already have made some fancier textures and models for the newer console (ie PS3/360) versions of FIFA 09, whereas with Cricket 09, they aren't making it for those consoles, so they have much more work to do.

The graphical capability of Cricket 09 will have nothing to do with the power of your PC, it is up to how much you trust them to have invested in doing those changes on PC.

Hopefully there will be some graphical improvements, ill be bitterly disspointed if it looks identical to 2007.

whitehornmatt said:
But the thing is they already have made some fancier textures and models for the newer console (ie PS3/360) versions of FIFA 09, whereas with Cricket 09, they aren't making it for those consoles, so they have much more work to do.
Yeah, but still, for the programmers sitting out there I'm 100% sure giving a graphical step up to an engine isn't very difficult for a rehash, geez that is what they've been doing for the past so many years, albeit slowly.
whitehornmatt said:
The graphical capability of Cricket 09 will have nothing to do with the power of your PC, it is up to how much you trust them to have invested in doing those changes on PC.

Bingo, that's the very point. Couldn't have said it myselves any better.

The debate on the power just came on that next-gen stuff... anyways moving on.

we really dont need next gen graphics as long as EA fixed players appearance ( I mean get rid of those Rugby players) and add some more details in the stadiums ... its OK. Also fix the 07 bugs as much as they can. Online play will be awsome. Thats about it !!

If the new game is only PC it will mean few changes have been made. They won't take the risk making it look as good as a console because not everyone has super PCs. Therefore to me PC only is bad.

skater said:
They won't take the risk making it look as good as a console because not everyone has super PCs.

Just to clarify, you don't need a "super" PC to make a game look as good as a console. I don't know how you define a "super" PC anyways...

Well my PC is about as much as I can afford and it can't run BLIC 2007 smoothly even on the lowest settings.

Just to clarify, you don't need a "super" PC to make a game look as good as a console. I don't know how you define a "super" PC anyways...

a medium range pc is good enough run the games,:)
the main question is they making it only for pc then porting to console,or they making it for consoles and porting to pc??,
if they doing the last one,the system requirements depends on the port,by which they are using:onpc

Well my PC is about as much as I can afford and it can't run BLIC 2007 smoothly even on the lowest settings.
it is because they used a bad port :( . and BLC is looking crap in a high end pc also

Last edited:
Can someone from EA at least confirm if it will be on consoles or not ???

Can someone from EA at least confirm if it will be on consoles or not ???

you are in Canada,so ea Canada and HB studios is near to your house,so go and confirm it:p (just kidding)
hope it is also for consoles:cheers

Its a big country man, a lots of snow outside ... if I start now I will reach HB Studios by this summer ...

1. Apparently you spent $400 on a 360 Elite but can't spend $75 on a mid range graphics card. Interesting...

2. As someone else said, BLIC was poor by engine, and its performance was nothing short of terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread