Cricket 09 Release Speculation Thread

We shall wait and see, never know, EA might get it right this time! Give Cricket a next-gen debut to remember! I hope it isn't just for PC!

As the game is developed as usually by HB studios there is very little chance for cricket 09 to be a next-gen game.

As the game is developed as usually by HB studios there is very little chance for cricket 09 to be a next-gen game.

Im quite sure that from the infomation we've gathered its being made by EA Canada not HB Studios.

Word on the street is, EA is releasing Cricket 09 on May 8th, 2009. Although nothing much has been said about the game officially, info has been leaked about the game.
More info:
On Thursday, 12 February 2009, the Classification Website of the government of Australia revealed that a cricket video game titled "Cricket 9" had been registered the day before by EA Canada and had been given a General rating. The classication record also indicated that the game would be Multi Platform.[2]

On Saturday, 14 February 2009, the New Zealand shopping website Mighty Ape listed a cricket video game titled "EA Sports ICC Cricket 09: 20/20 World Cup" that was to be released on Friday, 8 May 2009 on PC.[3]

On Sunday, 22 February 2009, the EA Press Office confirmed to the cricket gaming website PlanetCricket that a new video game would be released on Friday, 8 May 2009.

On Monday, 23 February 2009, PlanetCricket broke the news that the EA Press Office had informed them that the new video game would only be released on PC, not on Xbox 360, Wii or PlayStation 3 as expected following the Australian classification record.[4]

On Tuesday, 24 February 2009, EA UK informed PlanetCricket the current leaked details were unconfirmed.

On Wednesday, 25 February 2009, EA UK confirmed to PlanetCricket the video game would not be released on Wii.

On Thursday, 26 February 2009, EA SPORTS informed Cricket2009.org that the game would be available only for PC platform

On Saturday, 28 February 2009, rumours surfaced that the new video game would only be released on Personal Computer in 2009, but to other platforms eventually.

Cricket 09 is coming soon as per EA GAMES as they have added the game in there game registery part only for PC.
Read all about it in the original article on wikipedia:
Code:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cricket_09
There is even a logo of Cricket 09 there:
200px-Cricket_09_Logo.png

Not sure if this was posted, But there's a month to go.

I'm sick of these next-gen talks anyways. Not from everyone, just those who refer next-gen to consoles simply because at the time the consoles actually came out they were next-gen, bloody hell not now!

a NextGen cricket game from EA for PC:eek:
never expect this from them,:mad
i would be very happy if they use fifa 09 engine to make cricket 09,
and
any body here played the base ball game 2k sports,try it,
it will give some idea about Nextgen games,i hope 2k will make cricket game in future:cheers

It's being made by HB Studios. EA Canada are the producers.
Also it's not nextgen.

so it means its a reworked cricket 07 not a new game hb studios do not do next gen ps3 or 360 games , so lets not get are hopes up,
next gen maybe in 2011 with online like fifa :crying

I guessed there might be a press release tomorrow. The game is supposed to be released two months today, but today is not a working day. The Cricket 07 press release was on a Monday.

The only reason I think EA is keeping it a secret is that the features/licenses are not finalized yet and they are still waiting for confirmation from ICC/IPL before making any announcments. It could be that they may be behind schedule for console versions and still trying to catch up for May release. Once EA knows exactly what features/licenses/consoles they can release the game they will for sure announce the game. I m sure if it comes on consoles it will be a next gen game !!!

It's being made by HB Studios. EA Canada are the producers.
Also it's not nextgen.

In any case, it's good that there is another cricket game from them as I initially thought HB/EA were not doing anymore.

I'd just settle for one that has less bugs....but we'll see:upray

Steve S.

It looks like it won't be coming to Wii for a while
that is a shame it would be so much fun to play cricket by swinging the wiimote to play shots.

I will buy it even if it is just on PC.

lets just hope their is a cricket game first.

All this talk of it not being on next-gen is ridiculous. There is a great chance it could be! HB Studios first game was cricket 2002 I believe? So perhaps they could make their first next-gen game a cricket one aswell!?

Was NHL 09 not next-gen? cause they developed that!

All this talk of it not being on next-gen is ridiculous. There is a great chance it could be! HB Studios first game was cricket 2002 I believe? So perhaps they could make their first next-gen game a cricket one aswell!?

Was NHL 09 not next-gen? cause they developed that!

i think nhl was on ps2 and the wii games is the only ones they have done on next gen , i think they will release pc and ps2 around the ashes followed by next gen end of year
well lets hope :upray

Users who are viewing this thread