Cricket 09 Release Speculation Thread

I don't think EA are willing to commit anymore information until they are satisfied that they have secured enough liceneces. Think we will just have to be patient on this one.

I fully expect a carbon copy of cricket 07, including AI, but with updated licenences/rosters and the ICC 20-20 world cup.

They are not even interested in Cricket games. They make huge changes in the Fifa games every year but they can't take Cricket games to that level. The reason may be that cricket isn't that much popular like football.

I am sure he has never played cricket:p

He did say in one of his blog's that he was a big fan of Cricket and Rugby
He said he love both of them equally:p. He also knew that Cricket game will bring him more business from the asian countries as here Cricket is popular than Fifa, hockey or any other.

They are not even interested in Cricket games. They make huge changes in the Fifa games every year but they can't take Cricket games to that level. The reason may be that cricket isn't that much popular like football.

I am sure he has never played cricket:p

Maybe not "that much" popular. But I say you come to the subcontinent. You'll understand what cricket really means. Same with Oceania and Great Britain. I don't know about other places, but in Kolkata- when BLIC 05 was first released in a shop, all the BLIC copies that shop had got sold within 15 mins!

Yes but with the scale of piracy the market is still relatively small. I think it will grow though and cricket games will be increasingly targeted at the Indian market.

Maybe not "that much" popular. But I say you come to the subcontinent. You'll understand what cricket really means. Same with Oceania and Great Britain. I don't know about other places, but in Kolkata- when BLIC 05 was first released in a shop, all the BLIC copies that shop had got sold within 15 mins!

what shop did u telling:rolleyes:
planet m ,crossword,??
but i know about that all copies of cricket 2007 in nearby game store was sold in 2 days,i know a person who download all recent game from...:p
even he brought the real copy of cricket 2007,because he loves cricket very much,

Yeah all the technology, hot spot, snicko, it would be great! What about the referral system? or review system as it has now been re-named... should they include that? I doubt they will if it is released in the next few months cause even the ICC aren't sure whether it should still be used!

I guessed there might be a press release tomorrow. The game is supposed to be released two months today, but today is not a working day. The Cricket 07 press release was on a Monday.

Oh that would be amazing! Can't wait to get home from school tomorrow and check out the EA forums, Peter Moore's blogs and all the EA websites and of course PlanetCricket!

I'll try not to get my expectations up too high though!

I guessed there might be a press release tomorrow. The game is supposed to be released two months today, but today is not a working day. The Cricket 07 press release was on a Monday.

how do u know that?

hope so:rolleyes:,still no official confirmation:crying

Dont expect more from EA this time. May be Cricket 2011 can meet our expectations.

Users who are viewing this thread