Cricket 09 Release Speculation Thread

But they had correct names without licensing in 02, 04 and 05. Was it illegal?

I guess that time Cricket was getting commercialize and after few years Cricket boards decided that they can make more money by selling games right and on the other hand EA was so cheap they didnt bother to buy the right just decided to show their English skills !!

P.S . Any leaked news for Cricket 09?? whats going on there???

But they had correct names without licensing in 02, 04 and 05. Was it illegal?

No, it wasn't illegal. That was back when they had the licensing and they probably signed up contracts for say 3 or 4 years but then were unable to continue the contract after that period of time.

I thought codemasters got the licences, although i could be wrong. Its a shame if i am right judging by the standard of BLIC 07.

BLIC 07 is good fun online, its a shame that no one play's it. Would be cool if most of the memebers of Planet cricket could setup a 10/20 over tournemant. BLIC 07 fell down badly on the single player side of things.

I was just going through this thread after a long long time. At least two cricket games! :eek: Boy! let's see how buggy Ea makes this upcoming game. But have no fear, when the PC "bug-buster" team is here. I am not buying the EA sports game unless I read a decent pos review about the game. I have had enough of the stupid AI and cheeky graphics. Codies are a much better cricket game developer than EA. It was just that the codies got over-confident after BLIC 05 turned out to be a commercial success and they didn't concentrate much on BLIC 07. I have played the game, apart from the gameplay- the other aspects (graphics etc) are quite superb. Whereas the last decent EA cricket game was c02, if I compare it with the contemporary technology and everything it was quite superb (except for the AI ofcourse, EA changes game-cover etc etc, but till now they have never changed the AI, the same AI of 97 is in 07, I don't know what disease they will get if they modify the AI once!). But after that, "The fall of the great EA empire"

Last edited:
AI of EA Sports Cricket 2002 + Graphics of Cricket 2007 = great game.

Amiya Shreyas added 0 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

Hope Cricket 2009, if released, will have these qualities.

Now it seems there are going to be 5 games out this year:

Cricket 09
BLIC 2009
Cricket Coach 2009
Cricket Revolution
Cricket Life 1

Add Internation Cricket Captain to that list skater!
6 is quite alot for one year, last year Im guessing there was only one ICC 08

Just heard a rumor from somewhere, Cricket 09 will include South Africa domestic patch for the first time. Is it true?

Not the case.

@ Lee - it is a pretty impressive list of potential game releases but don't hold your breath for any of them to be any good.

I doubt Cricket revolution and Cricket life will ever be released !!

Why do you say that about every game that isn't EA's? Cricket Life have announced a release period and Cricket Revolution is going to reveal a date any time now.

AI of EA Sports Cricket 2002 + Graphics of Cricket 2007 = great game.

Amiya Shreyas added 0 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

Hope Cricket 2009, if released, will have these qualities.

Joking? That game had the dumbest AI of the series. I once bowled my opponent out for just 10 playing with India in the hardest difficulty. With Anil Kumble getting two hattricks in two consecutive overs. I still remember it. And I'm serious guys.

King Cricket added 1 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

Why do you say that about every game that isn't EA's? Cricket Life have announced a release period and Cricket Revolution is going to reveal a date any time now.

Cricket Life looks like a great game. But what is cricket revolution? Can somebody tell me about it?

Cricket 09
BLIC 2009
Cricket Coach 2009
Cricket Revolution
Cricket Life 1
Really a nice list.
About Cricket Life & Revolution, I think they both will be there because they are really working hard on that game.

It will be and I think it may be better than EA's.

Another great game is TAOC.

Users who are viewing this thread