Cricket 09 Release Speculation Thread

There will be no Cricket 09 ... as in few days EA's 2010 games like Tiger wood 10, NCAA 10 will be available in the market. If they release it will be called Cricket 10. As peter moore said there is no cricket game so forget a cricket game from EA in the near future. They may be crossing their fingers and looking how well Ashes Cricket 2009 perform.
One thing is still mystery what happened to Cricket 09?

I think the Trine cricket 10 will be the next EA game, they'll probably buy it off them if it's half-decent.

It is a bit of a mystery as the game has been completed and you'd imagine all the costs have already been incurred in making it. Releasing it will surely make some money.

It is a bit of a mystery as the game has been completed and you'd imagine all the costs have already been incurred in making it. Releasing it will surely make some money.
That's completely true. According to PEGI, there release date was in the first week of May as classified by EA Swiss Sarl in PEGI Pan. There must be some serious problems which has held the release of Cricket 09.

I was speculating with someone in the industry last night about the costs and benefits of a release. As the game has been made, licenses paid for and commentators paid it made sense to me that a release would recoup some of that.
He was saying though that in terms in producing CDs no-one will buy and distribution costs if you think a game will be a flop you just sit on it. Maybe they'll see what the sales for Ashes Cricket 2009 are like.
In the meantime I will do some more digging.

I was speculating with someone in the industry last night about the costs and benefits of a release. As the game has been made, licenses paid for and commentators paid it made sense to me that a release would recoup some of that.
He was saying though that in terms in producing CDs no-one will buy and distribution costs if you think a game will be a flop you just sit on it. Maybe they'll see what the sales for Ashes Cricket 2009 are like.

Do you think they have problems with licencing for the teams? I think that must be the reason. Main sales of cricket games will be there in australia & england.They won't like to buy games without proper names .Don't you think so?

Yeah, why they have not already released it seeing as the T20 world cup is on now is beyond me. Heck, if they had of released it i might have even bought it. :eek:

I don't know if it's already been posted here but ...

On this other forum, there was news about 'Cricket 09' hints. I'll dig it up if it hasn't been posted already.

just throwing this but they could release a downloadable version to save the cost of production. You would think that a company like EA will calculate all these before they start working on a game, not that after its finished. while this cricket franchise is been with EA for a while and they must be making money before thats why they were keep making and releasing the game. I dont see all of a sudden there is a big change in the Cricket gaming market. Also I read that ICC wanted to award their exclusive licences till 2015 that means EA must have made commitment to make games for them till that time. An inside info will be great ;)

On this other forum, there was news about 'Cricket 09' hints. I'll dig it up if it hasn't been posted already.
You mean that when you go to the EA game registration page you can pick Cricket 09 from the PC menu and they send you out an email with a hint? Yep, mentioned quite a while ago.

For me, the market reasons are simple. A PC only release of a sports game is doomed for failure. It is too late now for PS2 releases, the next cricket game from EA needed to be on PS3 and 360 at the very least. EA Sports all but stopped making PC titles last year, releasing a PC exclusive now doesn't fit in.

EA could have gone forward and released it, but it would have flopped, as the majority of Cricket 07's sales were on PS2.

It was discovered long ago.

You mean that when you go to the EA game registration page you can pick Cricket 09 from the PC menu and they send you out an email with a hint? Yep, mentioned quite a while ago.

For me, the market reasons are simple. A PC only release of a sports game is doomed for failure. It is too late now for PS2 releases, the next cricket game from EA needed to be on PS3 and 360 at the very least. EA Sports all but stopped making PC titles last year, releasing a PC exclusive now doesn't fit in.

EA could have gone forward and released it, but it would have flopped, as the majority of Cricket 07's sales were on PS2.
I really don't see any point for EA not to release this game. It has been completed and the most fascinating thing is it is officially licensed by ICC. It may be a breakthrough for EA if they will release it. I have a feeling that the delay of this game is may be connected to Ashes Cricket 2009 or other cricket games.

Yeah, why they have not already released it seeing as the T20 world cup is on now is beyond me. Heck, if they had of released it i might have even bought it.
Don't get too carried away now :p

Guess with the no-show, I'm gonna need a new sig.

Users who are viewing this thread