Cricket 09 Release Speculation Thread

Just us I'm afraid and our private sources. Nothing else around confirming it.
This is not their fault. They said what is actual but they can't do or I say no one can do anything if the situation is suddenly changed. This what happened with C09. What your sources said are 100% correct regarding the features and that all.

Uh, I see. We need another EA Cricket game this year to compete with AC09.
I agree with you but now I think AC09 has defeated EA cricket series.

Hey people...Is Cricket 09 releasing this year or not....???

Nope.

Though, if Ashes 2009 sells well - EA Sports 2011 Cricket World Cup next year - Guaranteed. :D

Moore said they'll be inspecting the market for cricket games. So if you want an EA Sports cricket next year, buy Codemasters Ashes 2009 (original copy).

Nope.

Though, if Ashes 2009 sells well - EA Sports 2011 Cricket World Cup next year - Guaranteed. :D

Moore said they'll be inspecting the market for cricket games. So if you want an EA Sports cricket next year, buy Codemasters Ashes 2009 (original copy).

Okey........Thanks for the reply...

I'm a bit slow so bear with me.

If their is still speculation if EA will be releasing Cricket 09, what was with that week where PC was releasing new information about Cricket 09 every day for like five days ?

I'm a bit slow so bear with me.

If their is still speculation if EA will be releasing Cricket 09, what was with that week where PC was releasing new information about Cricket 09 every day for like five days ?

The information was about the game developed. And the speculation is about the publishers releasing or not. In ashes, Heath and Rob who are posting here belongs to developers team and the place where our PC people went for playtest was Codies place. The final decision whether to release or not is with the the company itself irrespective of whosoever developes the game.

Now it seems that publishers i.e EA are not going to have a go at this. Or may be, surprisingly, we may get up a rush-up release during Champions Trophy. :confused: Champions Trophy seems to be a licensed one and there is no surprise if we can see a rushed release of this game during that time. :p but its just a 1% possibility after the entry of mighty looking AC09!

lol to ea, for making a game and not releasing it,

that's can't be possible. Why would they make a game and not release it? I mean if they spent money on developing the game...

It was probably only developed halfway or so before they scrapped it (read Peter Moore's interview, they have no interest in cricket games anymore because they think there is no market).

And if they were targeting Champions Trophy, the game should have at least been announced by now. I really don't think there will be any EA Cricket 09.

that's can't be possible. Why would they make a game and not release it? I mean if they spent money on developing the game...

It was probably only developed halfway or so before they scrapped it (read Peter Moore's interview, they have no interest in cricket games anymore because they think there is no market).

And if they were targeting Champions Trophy, the game should have at least been announced by now. I really don't think there will be any EA Cricket 09.
We know for certain that EA's Cricket game is made and finished. They just won't release it cos its crap.

They made the game but forgot to save it !! Now all data is lost !!:onpc

There's speculation earlier in the thread about reasons for completion but not release. To do with printing and distribution costs. We also weren't clear on if they'd have to pay for the licenses if they didn't use them.

might be a trick

EA is not opening their mouth.

They made a good cricket game EA Cricket 2004. After that they were developing EA Cricket 2007 and not 2005. But they are surprised to see a very different and stunning (at that time) game with lots of features ,BLIC 2005 is going to release. So they quickly completed their works and made a game. And that was a flop. And when BLIC 2007 released, they released their target game with full features they thought. That was also a let down but not fully. Then they studied a thing that BLIC games contains repetition and the games without difference (in all the time we play) won't succeed. Now they are planning something. After two months of Ashes 09 release, they might release Cricket 9. And that time is the Champions Trophy time.

These are my thoughts. I also doubt, what is the '9' represents. Is it 2009 o r their 9th cricket game?

I prefer EA than Codemasters cricket. But I don't know this time. Do the best, EA will win, I am sure.

Users who are viewing this thread