Cricket 09 Release Speculation Thread

These are my thoughts. I also doubt, what is the '9' represents. Is it 2009 o r their 9th cricket game?
Actually, that was a slight mistake in OFLC listing. I received a reply from them regarding this and they have confirmed me that it is Cricket 09 and not Cricket 9.

As far about the game, I think they might be reserving it for 2010 as they must be knowing they can't compete with Ashes Cricket 2009 which is really above the standard of EA Cricket games.

yea but if it is cricket 10 wouldnt it be out this year... with all of the other ea 10 games?

Like I said before, in my opinion..:

2011 Cricket World Cup will be the title of EA's Cricket game next year - IF - Ashes 2009 sells well.

yea but if it is cricket 10 wouldnt it be out this year... with all of the other ea 10 games?
They might turn Cricket 09 to Cricket 10 and release it in November or December 2009. EA might do some magic:p.

Seriously, I think they should hold back the release of C09 and should work on it more so that it can compete with AC2009. The only way that game could defeat AC2009 is that if ac2009 will have low compatibility with all systems EA will surely convert this into their strength as this happened with BLIC 07/05 too.

Most of the features in the new AC2009 are already in EA Cricket 07 (not taking the bad-looking-qualities into account, only the features). They have the base, why are they delaying??

If they are delaying this because of AC2009, then it will not be in 2010, codemasters are releasing another cricket in 2010. (I read it somewhere. So I'm not sure.)

I think they are making the commentaries these long days...

I think EA Cricket 09/10 will be just like Win 7 over Vista so not much new features just improved gameplay I suppose.

Ea can stuff it, AC09 will dominate the market, especially since it is region free on ps3, that means every cricketer in America and other non-cricketing nations with a lot of expats will buy it. There are 10's of thousands of us too!

I dont think EA has any plan for a Cricket game in near future, may be they decided to abandon the series. The "Grand Slam Tennis" was announced one year before its released date. If EA has any plans for a cricket game they would have announced it like Peter Moore said. But for now I dont see any Cricket game from EA ...

I dont think EA has any plan for a Cricket game in near future, may be they decided to abandon the series. The "Grand Slam Tennis" was announced one year before its released date. If EA has any plans for a cricket game they would have announced it like Peter Moore said. But for now I dont see any Cricket game from EA ...

Finally, I have speculated this with all the current resources available.

EA decided not to release the ICC Cricket 09 because they know that their game won't be able to compete Ashes Cricket 2009, which is true as Ashes Cricket 2009 is currently the best game ever released , according to all the previews and reviews. They might release the game next year with the licenses of ICC or probably late this year also with some improvements.

If Ashes Cricket 2009 will fail in terms of system compatibility then EA will have a big chance because something like this happened with BLIC 05/07 which forced people to go with Cricket 07 as that was the only arcade cricket game in year 2007.

I also got this information from somewhere that EA will not respond to any queries regarding ICC Cricket 09 at all until and unless you are a representative of a very big company like Gamespot or you know one of their Communication Manager very well.

Really sad to hear ea will release cricket09 later this year or next year but perhaps we should agree ashes09 will be one of finest game ever made but dont no about it graphics can't say anything till we brought it and play.

Really sad to hear ea will release cricket09 later this year or next year but perhaps we should agree ashes09 will be one of finest game ever made but dont no about it graphics can't say anything till we brought it and play.
Actually, that wasn't official. That was just my small speculation. :cool:

Code:
Cricket 09 will be released for PC only "at this stage".

So it happens. But they have to prepare a lot. In the game side and in the convincing side.
Lots of trailers and gameplays have to be released prior. :hpraise
I wish they come to planetcricket and ask to put a "What we need on next EA?" forum. So they will know what we are expecting.

Last edited:
Finally, I have speculated this with all the current resources available.

EA decided not to release the ICC Cricket 09 because they know that their game won't be able to compete Ashes Cricket 2009, which is true as Ashes Cricket 2009 is currently the best game ever released , according to all the previews and reviews. They might release the game next year with the licenses of ICC or probably late this year also with some improvements.

If Ashes Cricket 2009 will fail in terms of system compatibility then EA will have a big chance because something like this happened with BLIC 05/07 which forced people to go with Cricket 07 as that was the only arcade cricket game in year 2007.

I also got this information from somewhere that EA will not respond to any queries regarding ICC Cricket 09 at all until and unless you are a representative of a very big company like Gamespot or you know one of their Communication Manager very well.

Its just EA dont see any big cricket market these are difficult economic times for EA so they want to stuck to their usual hits like Madden, FIFA. They also know the importance of Wii and casual gamers so they decided to release casual games we'll see more wii games from EA but I dont see any Cricket game in the near future. If they already made Cricket 09 then they could have released it online only.

I wont say that Ashes Cricket 2009 will be the best cricket games based on PC preview. If I remember correctly bunch of Planet Cricket members went to play BLIC 07 and they didnt mention anything bad about the game but once the game was released we all saw it was a piece of C***. I will wait for the review from IGN or Gamespot before buying it.

Users who are viewing this thread