Cricket 09 Release Speculation Thread

You mean that when you go to the EA game registration page you can pick Cricket 09 from the PC menu and they send you out an email with a hint? Yep, mentioned quite a while ago.

For me, the market reasons are simple. A PC only release of a sports game is doomed for failure. It is too late now for PS2 releases, the next cricket game from EA needed to be on PS3 and 360 at the very least. EA Sports all but stopped making PC titles last year, releasing a PC exclusive now doesn't fit in.

EA could have gone forward and released it, but it would have flopped, as the majority of Cricket 07's sales were on PS2.

I dont totally agree with you, if there is no other Cricket game then people will buy even its on PC. if the game was released in May as it was planned then people would have bought it coz Codies game is not coming till July/Aug
then again EA should have thought all these before start working on the game not after its finished.

Yes 'people' will buy it. But not enough to make it commercially viable. That's the problem I see Cricket Life and Cricket Revolution facing, that the PC cricket gaming market is a fraction of an already small market of people who will buy a cricket game.

When you are targeting a niche of a niche, you need to have a very good game to be successful, perhaps for once they realised that another cynical rehash wouldn't be enough.

Yes 'people' will buy it. But not enough to make it commercially viable. That's the problem I see Cricket Life and Cricket Revolution facing, that the PC cricket gaming market is a fraction of an already small market of people who will buy a cricket game.

When you are targeting a niche of a niche, you need to have a very good game to be successful, perhaps for once they realised that another cynical rehash wouldn't be enough.

Do you think they need to change game code to release in ps3 & wii versions? They are keeping confidential to develop game in wii & ps3?

Does anyone know who has published some of Trine's other games by any chance?
Most are self published as far as I can tell.

Do you think they need to change game code to release in ps3 & wii versions? They are keeping confidential to develop game in wii & ps3?
Yes. It need to be entirely overhauled for ps3. Though they could modify a PS2 game to go on the Wii without too much problems, but to be any good at all they'd need to do a huge amount of work.

never played the game b4

important thing is that, the designers, animators, graphic artists or visualizers who work in studio and make game should be having some knowledge of cricket, and they should have an interest in cricket. So enthusiastically these guys launch a better output. Visualizer is the main guy who roles the most in the structure of a game. And all the artists and designers follows his words and his visualization and they can make anything what he says. If they can make great models & gameplay like FIFA, NFL etc..why cant for cricket. They should recruit a visualizer who knows cricket, who loves cricket or atleast have some knowledge of cricket. And h e should be knowing what fan wants.

100% spot on these clowns have probably never played the game!

Most are self published as far as I can tell.

Yes. It need to be entirely overhauled for ps3. Though they could modify a PS2 game to go on the Wii without too much problems, but to be any good at all they'd need to do a huge amount of work.
Technically the same engine on the PC can be ported to the PS3 and Xbox 360, only like people would think its absolute junk because they have their "next-gen" or whatever consoles which are "omg, consoles >>> PC pc graphics are ████".

EA's Cricket series have been PS2 ports since 2002, Cricket 07 looks worse than BLIC 07 on the same PC. That has to do with how it is developed, not anything to do with PC vs Console. The fact is, people aren't going to accept a PS3 game that looks like a poor PS2 one, and they would need to do a lot of work on Cricket 07 to make it up to the PS3 standard, or to take advantage of the best PC hardware. A rewrite is much easier than doing those changes to a ten year old codebase.

I am going to surprise everyone here by saying that c2007 was an eminently playable and a very good game. Yes it could have been much better but the fact remains that its kept me occupied for hours and hours (especially test cricket) , far better than the more arcadey brian lara 2007
To me what needs to be improved is the AI batting and captaincy .(I dont listen to the horrible commentary anyway , which hasnt changed in the last few editions)

I have played every game from blc 99 onwards ( which was fantastic for its time ) and I feel that c2007 is the most polished cricket game yet (although 2004 had better gameplay but inferior graphics)

Technically the same engine on the PC can be ported to the PS3 and Xbox 360, only like people would think its absolute junk because they have their "next-gen" or whatever consoles which are "omg, consoles >>> PC pc graphics are ████".
Which is true in pretty much all cases. People can't afford super PCs.

As long as that Bald Peter moore is there I dont see any Cricket gaming coming :mad:

I have high doubts here. EA games usually come to the market some months before the start of the year mentioned in the games title. I mean, look c07 came in Sept 06, FIFA 08 came in Oct 07- like this. That's their way of releasing games and I don't think they will break this for just a mere cricket game. This is an unique speciality of EA. The next cricket game will most probably be called Cricket XI or c11 or something like that, and most probably will be released in Sept/Oct 2010

from a marketing standpoint it would make sense to aim the release to coincide with next ODI world Cup.

i have seen some good games coming out using photo realistic imagery - it would be fantastic to see that occur - but i am not going to hold my breath.

They could use lego blocks to form the graphics and id still buy it if the gameplay is good.

Uh, I see. We need another EA Cricket game this year to compete with AC09.

Users who are viewing this thread