Cricket 09 Release Speculation Thread

Its because EA is a bunch of $*#&$* and they only care about catering to the US market. The rest of the world is just a by product to them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Appears to have been cancelled. Never say never with EA though. They're just as likely to release it the day before Codies do to screw with them.

There's speculation earlier in the thread about reasons for completion but not release. To do with printing and distribution costs. We also weren't clear on if they'd have to pay for the licenses if they didn't use them.

Indiantelevision.com's > Digital Edge > ICC seeks to license digital content

http://74.125.155.132/search?q=cache:http://icc-cricket.yahoo.net/about-icc/video-games.html

If this is the case then EA may have ICC license for the next seven years. Nothing is free so they must have paid something. If they just grab the license and dont release the game then ICC should take away their licence ... after all ICC want to promote Cricket and they want someone to make and release a Cricket game not just grab the license and sit tight !

fk915 added 2 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

Appears to have been cancelled. Never say never with EA though. They're just as likely to release it the day before Codies do to screw with them.

May be before Champions trophy ???

Last edited:
Even I think so. There might be some problems regarding the licenses. Who knows, they might announce it suddenly before the Champions Trophy.

However, if you'll ask anyone from EA now, they will simply deny until you have good relations with them;)

Even I think so. There might be some problems regarding the licenses. Who knows, they might announce it suddenly before the Champions Trophy.

However, if you'll ask anyone from EA now, they will simply deny until you have good relations with them;)

What makes you think there is a problem regarding licesing ?

I have no hopes for an EA game and even if there is one then it's going to be a rehashed version!(come on EA prove me wrong..er..i know you wont!)
For now AC09 is the way to go!!

I'm still in the dark with this topic so ... with what I've been told, the game has been developed but the actual distribution/release has been cancelled?

Users who are viewing this thread