Cricket 09 Release Speculation Thread

mouse control in batting:mad:,very very bad
BTW in 5th day i want some screens please :banana2

Peter Moore has been talking to Eurogamer about Cricket:

Eurogamer: One sport that I can see would benefit enormously from MotionPlus is cricket. This is something you've commented on in your blog recently...

Peter Moore: Yes!

Eurogamer: And in response to all the rumours doing the rounds... If I can quote you, you said: "If and when we have an announcement to make about a title, we will do so in a timely and structured manner". Perfectly reasonable position to adopt. You also said: "No amount of persistent pushing can create a game that does not exist." Which sounds pretty definitive. Are you absolutely saying there is no cricket game, there has not been a cricket game in the works?

Peter Moore: I'll be very clear. Obviously, there's always rumours abounding for what we're developing, what people would like, and they think that if they say enough and they mount a petition...

I can't create games. Particularly right now when we look at the more difficult business decisions we have to make, and unfortunately EA had to let 1,100 people go as you saw before the holidays. And so the decisions I have to make as a business leader are based on: how do I make sure I'm generating the revenue that I need to keep my people employed, and keep putting capital back in the investments we do in sport? So I will just reiterate the words you read just then from my blog. And the announcement thing I'll deal with separately, but there's no plans to announce anything right now about cricket.

Only cuddles could assuage the shame of being at the Emirates.

Eurogamer: Is cricket important to EA?

Peter Moore: We've done it before. We've done rugby before. I don't want to call it a second-tier game, but it's a regional game. We're not going to sell a lot of cricket in the US. At the same time, if you'd asked me maybe three years ago, if I'd been in this role, will you have the ability to take some risks, I might have been more bullish on taking more risks with games of maybe a regional nature that can't drive the global business.

You saw one of the strategic pillars we have for EA Sports is to globalise the business. But that doesn't mean regionalise, that doesn't mean sports that are only impactful in certain countries. And so we have to make difficult decisions every single year about where we put our money and where we don't put our money, because I have people's jobs in my hands. And if a game doesn't pan out the way we expected it to then jobs are in jeopardy, and I take that very, very seriously.

Source:
EA Sports' Peter Moore Interview - Page 1 /// Eurogamer - Games Reviews, News and More

On the other hand the same thing can be said about American franchises sports titles ... I mean EA release those titles every year with minor tweak and that is why sales is going down ... you have to be a die hard fans of basketball to buy NBA title every year .... why do you go and buy a 60$ title when you can get a year old in half price ? The best solution for EA is to outsource Cricket title to India ...

Peter still not accepting there is a Cricket game .... while PC is keep releasing the info ... confusing ... I wonder anti-climatic means that this game is cancelled due to layoffs and will not be able to see shelves !!!

Read Moore's blog on the role licences play in announcements of games. If it were just up to some marketing guy, they'd be promoting it as much as they can, but legal issues get in the way of announcements.

If you have already spent the money making a game, cancelling it is a loss making exercise, regardless of who you have sacked, it is worth releasing to try and make back the costs of production.

^any prior hint you would live to give in order to clarify what is ANTI-CLIMATIC real meaning?:mad

Allrounder18 added 5 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

^any prior hint you would live to give in order to clarify what is ANTI-CLIMATIC real meaning?:mad

Allrounder18 added 5 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

Anti-climatic means people are going to be hyping up the last announcement and it isn't going to be as exciting as people expect - a bit like the game itself.

Anti-climatic means people are going to be hyping up the last announcement and it isn't going to be as exciting as people expect - a bit like the game itself.

True that :(

hmm than its look like updated kits/gfx ,new models and multiplayer will make the announcement.

Allrounder18 added 8 Minutes and 7 Seconds later...

Or it could be reverse psychology ;)

Nah I dont trust you with that:mad

I just Played MLB2k9. The batting system in that baseball game is just amazing. You have to pull the right analog stick back for backlift and use the left analog stick to direct the shot. When pitcher delivers the ball, you have to push right analog stick forward to give power in the shot. More vigorously you pull,more power would be in the shot. If EA Include a system like this in their Game for Batting ,then boy we are in for a treat. Coz we have to time the ball really well to get a six, so it wont be a slogfest like BLIC07. Moreover,playing with analog sticks would create more immersion in the game.

On a personal not, if this game has new batting controls and bowling controls + 20% better gameplay then Ckt07 + More player animations + Graphics on par with FIFA 09. Then i am definitely buying this game first day.:D:D:D EA Should Learn from MLB2K9 how to create real life like T.V. Presentation for a sports game. MLB2k9 has the best T.V Presentation system with great commentators.

On the other hand the same thing can be said about American franchises sports titles ... I mean EA release those titles every year with minor tweak and that is why sales is going down ... you have to be a die hard fans of basketball to buy NBA title every year .... why do you go and buy a 60$ title when you can get a year old in half price ? The best solution for EA is to outsource Cricket title to India ...

Peter still not accepting there is a Cricket game .... while PC is keep releasing the info ... confusing ... I wonder anti-climatic means that this game is cancelled due to layoffs and will not be able to see shelves !!!

i have seen this some where but the million dollor question is

Are they going to release ? if then ,On what date?

Users who are viewing this thread