Cricket 14 is headed to PS4 and Xbox One

Params7

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Excellent news. Can't wait for next-gen already. I bet Big Ant is going to have their hands full with the new social and streaming features too that will come with next-gen systems.

spiderman493

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
is ps4 version coming out this year maybe in july august september october i need an answer because i have a ps4 and if it comes out my dad is gonna say u already have the game

Alberts

International Coach
My PC is more powerfull than ps4 and xbox1 combined. :)

To be fair the PS4 and Xbone aren't really that powerful, and a good fraction of PC gamers had PCs that could play games better even before their release. The key is about having an affordable standard platform, not about producing the best graphics out there.

We've already seen watch_dogs seemingly fail the "Full HD" test of the next gen on both PS4 and Xbone (Xbone being even worse than PS4 in that regard), so for those with good PCs, it's probably worth just getting the PC version, particularly with it's moddability.

yogi33

School Cricketer
Wow. This is a shock. Would have thought the small install base would be prohibitive. I would have been happy if there was an emulated ps3 version. Then I could get rid of the ps3.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Wow. This is a shock. Would have thought the small install base would be prohibitive. I would have been happy if there was an emulated ps3 version. Then I could get rid of the ps3.

We've not heard anything new on this for a long time: this original tweet was a year ago and was talking about "mid next year" which is around... now!

They've been working on this a long time, plenty of time to plan for upscaling for future versions. If they had taken this into account and made it so that things could be easily turned to a higher quality and effects able to turn on and off, it could be fairly simple for them to pump out a higher quality build suitable for PS4/XB1. The PC version might give us some clues there.

I could see potentially a digital-only version being viable fairly soon: there are units out there, but not sure there's enough out there yet to justify a physical run.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
We've not heard anything new on this for a long time: this original tweet was a year ago and was talking about "mid next year" which is around... now!

They've been working on this a long time, plenty of time to plan for upscaling for future versions. If they had taken this into account and made it so that things could be easily turned to a higher quality and effects able to turn on and off, it could be fairly simple for them to pump out a higher quality build suitable for PS4/XB1. The PC version might give us some clues there.

I could see potentially a digital-only version being viable fairly soon: there are units out there, but not sure there's enough out there yet to justify a physical run.

Maybe not right now, but the rate the install base is growing for both the PS4 and Xbox One and is fairly impressive given the small number of top titles available (and the delays happening).

Just to have a stab at guessing what might happen, when we get to the Southern Hemisphere summer, cricket season and Xmas, with a World Cup just around the corner for another promotional opportunity, I could imagine there'd be a significant enough install base to at least think about a release. I suppose it depends on how much prep has been done down the next gen avenue.

Although sadly for me and my love of discs, cases and manuals, there might not enough to justify physical copies?

Users who are viewing this thread