Cricket 19 General Discussion

@MattW, when creating a player, will the player be available to select to start a career mode straight away or will it be like Ashes Cricket where you go into the career mode and have to create there? Wondering if it's worth my time creating a player now if I'll have to re-do it when I create a career save. I know the perks won't apply when moving the player over if you can.

Reactions: DAP
Jus saw (the other thread)that the play face is not available in Demo now. Is it likely to be available in demo later or we have to wait till the game release ?

Jus saw (the other thread)that the play face is not available in Demo now. Is it likely to be available in demo later or we have to wait till the game release ?

Playface is in the demo. Confirmed by Matt in the other thread.

Yes.

Go to the Appearance tab of a custom player, and go to the second tab down. There will be options for 'Attach Custom Face' that will let you load in a playface.

If you go to the steamapps\common\Cricket 19 Demo\playface in the steam library where you installed the demo you can access a user guide and template for using playface. For positioning on the face, Photoshop's Liquify tool is often helpful.

Have been watching some of the Academy Gameplay videos. There seem to be good improvements in graphics in some areas previously uncovered. For example, the grass looks less artificial. Lords details are also good.

Has anyone tried to hit a six in a broadcast or Field 1 & 2 cameras? Does the camera follow the ball this time as it does on TV or does it slide in the direction of the ball without having to look at it like in the previous games?

Have been watching some of the Academy Gameplay videos. There seem to be good improvements in graphics in some areas previously uncovered. For example, the grass looks less artificial. Lords details are also good.

Has anyone tried to hit a six in a broadcast or Field 1 & 2 cameras? Does the camera follow the ball this time as it does on TV or does it slide in the direction of the ball without having to look at it like in the previous games?[/QUOTE
Been trying to figure this out. Because the camera never followed the ball in previous games so hopefully it does in this one .. this is a basic broadcast element they have to have this

I agree with that .. thats why people need to know its just speculation not a fact

Given people incorrectly claim that Play Face isn’t in the demo, I think a greater focus should be put on accurately discussing known facts, instead of lazily guessing about stuff they don’t know about

Working on to create my all time favorite team West Indies 1980's test team. But no open faced helmets without grill still in this game. Surprised how to play modern helmets for retro teams. MattW please look in to this.

The aesthetic of this game is really really nice. Top work Big Ant.
Any luck in getting it running on a Mac for you?

Edit:
Just saw your bats video, looks good, I too am using it on lower settings on my laptop, and it works just fine!

Last edited:
So I just booted up the academy and I was messing around the settings,and there is this setting called 'themes' in general settings(under graphics). So I tried to switch to see what it was and boom it crashed..

I know there is a thread for sharing creations but, Can we start a separate thread for like letting BA know of the issues in order to resolve.

Question for the Big Ant mob, are all the surnames in the game in the Academy already? My surname was in previous games but isn't in the Academy this time around. :(

I really dig the new cam for checking crease and guard(L2+R2) while batting on pro cam or other close cams. In ashes, it was like its good to have something than nothing. But in this the camera angle is absouletly brilliant!!

Users who are viewing this thread