Cricket 19 General Discussion

I hope this doesn't sound bad, but if I just go at BA's prime market (AUS, NZ, ENG), patches are not a bad thing at all. IND, PAK and SA are still developing markets, and most will need quite a few hours to get the patch installed.

So, from a business point of view, patches are acceptable.

One thing I have to with @WealeyH, that this constant nonsense of blaming BA for random things, as if one is finding reasons to blame them. Can't believe this is the same group that just had C07 and AC09 (Int. Cricket 10) to play for 3-4 years before BA came to the picture...

What I'd prefer is that QA testing would be far enough along with the printing of physical media that it would be in a playable enough state that you didn't need people arguing that "well, this isn't the release version". Day One patches are fine, games where the physical version isn't up to standard is not.

And none of us without the game truely know if it’s up to standard or not, so the whole conversation is a bit redundant at this point

That sounds like you’re arguing AGAINST post-release support? Surely not?

I'd rather have a shipshape product on release, even if it means release date postponement.

So that South African comment on page 274. He has to spend the equivalent of about £20/$AU40 to buy the data to download the patch that everyone is harping on about is just a thing we live with now. I think that's really unacceptable, seeing as the game is on official release in South Africa. I imagine a similar story in other countries.

I am not against post-release support, but the laziness that "We'll just attend to that at some other stage post-release while we sit on the couch with Liam Plunkett for our media duties" really grates when you are forking out money for big downloads.

Last edited:
To be honest, I believe it's fine for people to come to these forums, which as we are always told is a minority when it comes to the population that eventually buys the game, and mention the issues which they are facing (how they mention it is their and the mods problem) so that it gives bigant a heads up on the issues being faced by the players some of which might not have been identified and thus rectified in the day 1 patch.

BigAnt should expect the agreed date to be broken, as it has during the last two releases as well. Ideally since the street date has been broken, it won't be a bad idea to put out a release or a post on this forum that describes the issues that will be resolved in the day 1 patch so that the people who have pre-ordered the game or are planning to buy on day-1 have their expectations managed on what to expect once they get the game in their hands and download the patch. This will also help the people who have the game to post about the issues they are facing in the game that won't be rectified in the incoming patch.

This is a forum that provides the platform for the people to discuss this game and it's absolutely unfair to ask people to shut up when they are bringing out the issues that they are facing with the game. There is no information on whether these issues would be resolved in the day-1 patch and thus it is absolutely fair for the people who have the game to be vocal about the issues they are facing, without getting shut down by others (me included) who have a long history with the game and the developers and thus always have that reaction of defending them.

If the information regarding the issues with the game without the day-1 patch is getting published to the potential buyers then it is completely fair as that is the state of the game without the patch and buyers should be made aware of what they are would be buying. Not everyone downloads the day-1 patch... so chances are that a lot of people would play the game without the day 1 patch.

Also with no official communication from bigant on what issues are resolved with the day 1 patch, even after them knowing the game has broken the street date and issues are being highlighted on many platforms including YouTube, I feel the messaging being sent out to the potential buyers who come across these videos/comments is not the right one.

To be honest, I believe it's fine for people to come to these forums, which as we are always told is a minority when it comes to the population that eventually buys the game, and mention the issues which they are facing (how they mention it is their and the mods problem) so that it gives bigant a heads up on the issues being faced by the players some of which might not have been identified and thus rectified in the day 1 patch.

BigAnt should expect the agreed date to be broken, as it has during the last two releases as well. Ideally since the street date has been broken, it won't be a bad idea to put out a release or a post on this forum that describes the issues that will be resolved in the day 1 patch so that the people who have pre-ordered the game or are planning to buy on day-1 have their expectations managed on what to expect once they get the game in their hands and download the patch. This will also help the people who have the game to post about the issues they are facing in the game that won't be rectified in the incoming patch.

This is a forum that provides the platform for the people to discuss this game and it's absolutely unfair to ask people to shut up when they are bringing out the issues that they are facing with the game. There is no information on whether these issues would be resolved in the day-1 patch and thus it is absolutely fair for the people who have the game to be vocal about the issues they are facing, without getting shut down by others (me included) who have a long history with the game and the developers and thus always have that reaction of defending them.

If the information regarding the issues with the game without the day-1 patch is getting published to the potential buyers then it is completely fair as that is the state of the game without the patch and buyers should be made aware of what they are would be buying. Not everyone downloads the day-1 patch... so chances are that a lot of people would play the game without the day 1 patch.

Also with no official communication from bigant on what issues are resolved with the day 1 patch, even after them knowing the game has broken the street date and issues are being highlighted on many platforms including YouTube, I feel the messaging being sent out to the potential buyers who come across these videos/comments is not the right one.

Absolutely... You hand over the cash to buy a legitimate copy from a legitimate vendor, the onus isn't on you to check the release date (good grief, check with the Big Ant staff if it is okay to play yet), then you come up with an issue and it's not allowed to be discussed?

I also wonder of the people, the majority, who don't get to this forum to be reassured that "Yeah we will patch it."

It's not a great look. Breaking street release date however isn't Big Ants fault, but there is a right for issues to be discussed without being shot down.

If I was BA I'd be reviewing my relationship with certain distributors and retailers. Surely there is a breach of contract somewhere here?

I don't mind day one patches at all. Infact it's great that there is a post release support for any game for that matter. My only problem is seeing the same unfixed bugs reoccurring in the new game. Maybe they might fix it this time, but certainly doesnt give much confidence based on the history.

Absolutely... You hand over the cash to buy a legitimate copy from a legitimate vendor, the onus isn't on you to check the release date (good grief, check with the Big Ant staff if it is okay to play yet), then you come up with an issue and it's not allowed to be discussed?

I also wonder of the people, the majority, who don't get to this forum to be reassured that "Yeah we will patch it."

It's not a great look. Breaking street release date however isn't Big Ants fault, but there is a right for issues to be discussed without being shot down.
I've no pity for anyone who comes on this forum and has gone out to get the game before the release date if they feel cheated.

If someone has stumbled into a store with no knowledge that the game is out or that it is being sold before the release date, then maybe I'd feel bad.

I've no pity for anyone who comes on this forum and has gone out to get the game before the release date if they feel cheated.

If someone has stumbled into a store with no knowledge that the game is out or that it is being sold before the release date, then maybe I'd feel bad.

But that isn't the point is it! The point is, on the official release date there would be many people who would play the game without the day 1 patch and would face the same issues. My point is to get the messaging across (through an official statement or patch release notes or whatever) that xyz issues will get resolved with a day-1 patch so that potential buyers who do their research on the net before buying the game are aware of the issues that will get resolved and the ones that won’t.

Idea is to control the messaging before it gets away from you

This is not related to the people who bought the game before release date.

Just have a stickied thread from MattW or whoever stating that there is a day-1 patch and it resolves xyz issues. So that if someone comes to this forum they can view that thread. I’m sure the people making videos of the issues or reporting them on this thread will also not be to fussy about the issues that they are aware will get fixed on release date.

But that isn't the point is it! The point is, on the official release date there would be many people who would play the game without the day 1 patch and would face the same issues. My point is to get the messaging across (through an official statement or patch release notes or whatever) that xyz issues will get resolved with a day-1 patch so that potential buyers who do their research on the net before buying the game are aware of the issues that will get resolved and the ones that won’t.

Idea is to control the messaging before it gets away from you

This is not related to the people who bought the game before release date.
Surely "potential buyers who do their research" would know the game is out before it should be. Why should they get special treatment with information about a patch that might not have been finalised yet? It just encourages people to buy games before they are released, which is the problem.

Reactions: DAP

This is exactly why it's important that people discuss issues they have had with previous bigant cricket games, and express concern when almost identical issues seem present in shipped and sold hard copies.

If someone lucky enough to get their hands on an early copy raises issues about bugs regarding runouts and stats being incorrect, then it is both fair and relevant to point out that in previous versions runouts/stumpings took several weeks to fix and stats were never fixed.

It's not good enough to say 'Hey...wait for day 1 patch...it will be FINE!' It won't, and anyone who purchased their previous games at launch will know this. Both DBC17 and Ashes took months of irregular and sporadic patches before they delivered what i consider to be a good gameplay experience, albeit with outstanding and frustrating bugs that were never resolved. Any person considering purchasing Cricket '19 should be aware of this and consider it.

I also think @Langeveldt makes an excellent point about data costs and download times in other countries. Not something i have ever considered so thanks for mentioning this.

Indeed true, I have a friends who I recommend Big Ant's games to, they are not in the forum and have owned every copy of these cricket installments, but because of internet issues and one being expensive Data cost we have in S.A, they don't patch up their games regularly as I would do(me getting to know about upcoming patches by being on this forum), we end up playing different versions of the same game when we meet to play, theirs without patches, and mine up to par, the general public is the one left with little info as compared to us a "minority here

This is exactly why it's important that people discuss issues they have had with previous bigant cricket games, and express concern when almost identical issues seem present in shipped and sold hard copies.

It's not good enough to say 'Hey...wait for day 1 patch...it will be FINE!' It won't, and anyone who purchased their previous games at launch will know this. Both DBC17 and Ashes took months of irregular and sporadic patches before they delivered what i consider to be a good gameplay experience, albeit with outstanding and frustrating bugs that were never resolved. Any person considering purchasing Cricket '19 should be aware of this and consider it.

I also think @Langeveldt makes an excellent point about data costs and download times in other countries. Not something i have ever considered so thanks for mentioning this.
If people have issues with previous games, or with how Big Ant have patched them, then wait until it's released. Wait until it's had the day 1 patch. Wait until it's had a second patch. If it's not up to scratch, don't buy it. Simple. No one has a gun to anyone's head to buy the game.

Have you guys watch any Indian soap operas that gose on for years. It's slow, irritating, repetitive, no substance.

Well bit like this forum now.

Its puzzling for me why would a grown man wouldn't understand, the physical copy is not the final build of the game .

Knowing BAs commitment and passion for their games, surely they must be working with Beta boys fixing issues right now.

And GUYS THE GAME IS NOT EVEN RELEASED YET.

Surely "potential buyers who do their research" would know the game is out before it should be. Why should they get special treatment with information about a patch that might not have been finalised yet? It just encourages people to buy games before they are released, which is the problem.

Patch that has not been finalised yet ? It’s getting released on day-1, it surely has been finalised. And if it is not expected to get released on day-1 due to platform specific logistics, then I very well advocate a message from BigAnt listing out the issues that this particular patch will resolve so that the hue and cry on day 1 can be controlled.

Also the people who get the game before release date will always be a minority and will still buy the game early if they have a chance to irrespective of whether patch notes are released or not.

From what I have seen in this case, it is way more damaging when people who get the game in advance are posting videos on YouTube about the issues they are facing and there is no counter argument available with anyone about whether the issues are resolved or not in a day-1 patch.

Users who are viewing this thread