Cricket 19 General Discussion

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Listen to this bloke people: he's a grumpy sod at the best of times and if he's happy....well feck me sideways!:p Plus he knows his cricket! :)
I echo his point on the edges, playing a T20 v Aus I had two edges to Buttler in consecutive balls, dropped the first and thought to myself "well hopefully they don't capitalise on this" only for the next ball to go wider and I take the more difficult catch. Plus I had a beautiful bowled from David Willey to a right hander which swung around his pads and hit leg stump.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Listen to this bloke people: he's a grumpy sod at the best of times and if he's happy....well feck me sideways!:p Plus he knows his cricket! :)

I’ll say I’m a bit less happy after batting... this is mostly related to my performance however!!

AI fields need some work though (as ever) and I’d like to see them not keep changing over/round the wicket so much

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I'm really happy.

Issues I've seen.

1/ If you lower their skills with variants, spinners tend to bowl fewer variants. I have Lyon predominantly bowling good off spin with the occasional straight one, fine, and occasional doosra (not fine).

2/ AI fields still need some work. Had one slip in the first morning of a test match. They seem to chop and change a lot.

3/ The skill sliders seem to all work, which is beautiful, and I love the perks. I can tell the difference between Anderson and Broad's bowling habits, with Stokes and Archer different still. I do find it weird that with a lot of perks a skill has to go down in order for a skill to go up. Maybe there could be "weakness perks" that are enforced on you if you perform badly.

4/ The licensed teams have some really weird attributes. I don't know why they can't get this right, as Aussie and England players are the flagship players, although it is much better than it was in AC17. I've managed to do some light editing on them which I couldn't do for some reason in yesterday's build.

5/ I've had to raise the pace with the bowling modifiers by 20 as I always do. The default just feels to slow for cricket, but maybe that's personal. I've also had to raise the shot strength slider by 20. I guess this is preference but it felt like things weren't going to the boundary unless they went aerial.

All in all though, the AI, the presentation, the fluidity, the animations are absolutely fantastic. I'd say this is probably the biggest improvement in an iteration, and I can't think of anywhere where we have gone backwards.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I'm really happy.

Issues I've seen.

1/ If you lower their skills with variants, spinners tend to bowl fewer variants. I have Lyon predominantly bowling good off spin with the occasional straight one, fine, and occasional doosra (not fine).

2/ AI fields still need some work. Had one slip in the first morning of a test match. They seem to chop and change a lot.

3/ The skill sliders seem to all work, which is beautiful, and I love the perks. I can tell the difference between Anderson and Broad's bowling habits, with Stokes and Archer different still. I do find it weird that with a lot of perks a skill has to go down in order for a skill to go up. Maybe there could be "weakness perks" that are enforced on you if you perform badly.

4/ The licensed teams have some really weird attributes. I don't know why they can't get this right, as Aussie and England players are the flagship players, although it is much better than it was in AC17. I've managed to do some light editing on them which I couldn't do for some reason in yesterday's build.

5/ I've had to raise the pace with the bowling modifiers by 20 as I always do. The default just feels to slow for cricket, but maybe that's personal. I've also had to raise the shot strength slider by 20. I guess this is preference but it felt like things weren't going to the boundary unless they went aerial.

All in all though, the AI, the presentation, the fluidity, the animations are absolutely fantastic. I'd say this is probably the biggest improvement in an iteration, and I can't think of anywhere where we have gone backwards.

Just to make you and @blockerdave and anyone else aware that fields etc are well and truly noted.

Just a little bit of patience needed.

Love the positivity though!!

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I'm really happy.

Issues I've seen.

Excellent summation. And I would suggest that most of the beta would agree.

Rest assured, as Wealey has said, these are the things being pushed for. Particularly by him.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Just to make you and @blockerdave and anyone else aware that fields etc are well and truly noted.

Just a little bit of patience needed.

Love the positivity though!!

Yeah, and I'm the toughest crowd.

Honestly you could take the names and faces off some of the players and I'd be able to tell who was bowling. Astonishing work. The cynic in me would say it's taken five years for all the sliders to start working, but the result is spectacular.

Graphically it is also spectacular. We have gone away from that cartoonish DBC17 look and back to the DBC14 roots.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Excellent summation. And I would suggest that most of the beta would agree.

Rest assured, as Wealey has said, these are the things being pushed for. Particularly by him.

And thanks for your continued hard work. We have a cricket game to rival the big boys of the football and american sport markets.[DOUBLEPOST=1558904765][/DOUBLEPOST]Actually one of the most immersive things are the player voices when the crowd is quiet. Oohs and ahhs the second the bat is beaten, absolutely love that.

I had Steve Smith walk out and get peppered by Stokes who eventually got him out after a feast of bouncers. Stokes had these attributes and it was pleasing to watch.

Another thing that would be nice to have.. Tailenders being shielded from the strike, and I imagine it wouldn't be rocket science to implement in future.

Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
And thanks for your continued hard work. We have a cricket game to rival the big boys of the football and american sport markets.[DOUBLEPOST=1558904765][/DOUBLEPOST]Actually one of the most immersive things are the player voices when the crowd is quiet. Oohs and ahhs the second the bat is beaten, absolutely love that.

I had Steve Smith walk out and get peppered by Stokes who eventually got him out after a feast of bouncers. Stokes had these attributes and it was pleasing to watch.

Another thing that would be nice to have.. Tailenders being shielded from the strike, and I imagine it wouldn't be rocket science to implement in future.

Yeah I had a couple of funny fields against me.

I also had a bizarre innings - I’m guessing they’ve modelled momentum here... I lost a few early wickets from some bad shots, in good bowling conditions... I then had a period where I could hardly play a shot without edging. I had to go into serious block, leave, nudge mode to draw the sting before being able to play shots again

The gameplay here is streets ahead of anything we’ve had before. I hope it’s maintained

passarapin

Associate Captain
AUS..
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

This is something to take stock of. I know you have been critical of past iterations if you felt they weren't up to scratch.
but yourself and blockers initial thoughts are so positive.
Better than any reviews you will read on a gaming site!

well done BA, Beta Testers!

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
An update on the scenario...

So I realised that what happens when it says “England won by forfeit” is actually me “drawing” the match and winning the scenario.

When I set the initial scenario up and shared it on the academy, it was a 5 day match and was expecting to start the scenario at the beginning of day 5. When I played it however, it said it was the start of day 4. Thinking this means I have 2 days to bat, I recreated the scenario with a 4-day match type.

What’s happening I think is after 12 overs the game thinks it’s had enough overs to play 4 full days and so ends. Why it’s showing won by forfeit rather than drawn match and then won scenario is I guess a bug?

But hopefully it means if I play the original scenario I set up, even though it says it starts at the beginning of day 4 on the scorecard, the scenario should do an over count which will leave only one day to play. Will give that a whirl tomorrow![DOUBLEPOST=1558906534][/DOUBLEPOST]
Can anyone tell me whether the dukes ball is licensed or not?

Yes it is. There’s duke and kookaburra in the game. I don’t know if they behave differently

JOB123

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I
An update on the scenario...

So I realised that what happens when it says “England won by forfeit” is actually me “drawing” the match and winning the scenario.

When I set the initial scenario up and shared it on the academy, it was a 5 day match and was expecting to start the scenario at the beginning of day 5. When I played it however, it said it was the start of day 4. Thinking this means I have 2 days to bat, I recreated the scenario with a 4-day match type.

Yes it is. There’s duke and kookaburra in the game. I don’t know if they behave differently
I hope so because the kookaburra ball took so much wear

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
I actually can't see any ball wear at all now. Into the 67th over.

Users who are viewing this thread