Cricket 19 General Discussion

Already pretty much out...

i remember in ashes cricket, the top-spinner always turned like a wrong-un, so dunno if this has been resolved or if it might also be the source of what @Langeveldt is experiencing: i.e. Lyon isn't bowling doosras but rather top-spinners that the game represents as turning the other way?

Last edited:
I'd say possibly my only big annoyance. I've had Nathan Lyon bowl four perfect doosras in a row, ragging it both ways. It's really weird, I seemed to have eradicated that by lowering his stats on a dry pitch, but on a grassy pitch he has hardly bowled one orthodox off spinner. This HAS to be out of the game when the rest is so good, surely.

@WealeyH @Dutch

What have you seen @blockerdave ?

i've had it in the scenario with Eksteen. Then I changed his stats/perks and re-started and it was ok. By far my biggest problem with the game right now - the only bum note to be honest - is the wild bouncers and volume of bouncers in general from bowlers with balanced and precise mentalities, and even with high accuracy stats, giving the wides/byes etc. it actually ruined my bodyline test yesterday - i was struggling, think i scored 8 runs off the bat, one of which was a "glorious" top-edged 4, but I was gifted 24 runs in 5 8-ball overs.

i've had it the scenario with Eksteen. Then I changed his stats/perks and re-started and it was ok. By far my biggest problem with the game right now - the only bum note to be honest - is the wild bouncers and volume of bouncers in general from bowlers with balanced and precise mentalities, and even with high accuracy stats, giving the wides/byes etc. it actually ruined my bodyline test yesterday - i was struggling, think i scored 8 runs off the bat, one of which was a "glorious" top-edged 4, but I was gifted 24 runs in 5 8-ball overs.
Is being looked at as you type! ;)

i remember in ashes cricket, the top-spinner always turned like a wrong-un, so dunno if this has been resolved or if it might also be the source of what @Langeveldt is experiencing: i.e. Lyon isn't bowling doosras but rather top-spinners that the game represents as turning the other way?

Do you think that also applies to an arm ball?

Do you think that also applies to an arm ball?

i don't recall it as so, only the top spinner. from memory of when I was bowling in ashes the arm ball went straight, and the offie, leggie, doosra, googly all went the way you'd expect them to, but the top-spinner for finger-spinners went like a doosra and for wrist-spinners like a googly.

as i say, this was my observation from bowling myself with the spinner - when facing the AI you wouldn't know if was a wrong-un or a "top spinner" - they both just turned the wrong way. should be easily verifiable of whether that's still present in cricket 19 just by bowling with a spinner and trying it.

i don't recall it as so, only the top spinner. from memory of when I was bowling in ashes the arm ball went straight, and the offie, leggie, doosra, googly all went the way you'd expect them to, but the top-spinner for finger-spinners went like a doosra and for wrist-spinners like a googly.

as i say, this was my observation from bowling myself with the spinner - when facing the AI you wouldn't know if was a wrong-un or a "top spinner" - they both just turned the wrong way. should be easily verifiable of whether that's still present in cricket 19 just by bowling with a spinner and trying it.

They just predominantly bowl good old off spinners atm....

If I reduced their ability to bowl the top spinner as well this might work...

This may have already been noticed, but when using broadcast camera 1 at Headingley, the camera position is behind the stand when the bowler is at the top of his mark at one end (I think it's the kirkstall lane end off the top of my head). As he runs in the camera travels through the back of the spectators then is fine by time he gets in to bowl. Still able to play without issues but it's just a bit weird :lol

i don't recall it as so, only the top spinner. from memory of when I was bowling in ashes the arm ball went straight, and the offie, leggie, doosra, googly all went the way you'd expect them to, but the top-spinner for finger-spinners went like a doosra and for wrist-spinners like a googly

I found it the other way, the top spinner would loop and bounce more and the arm ball would turn the other way slightly

They just predominantly bowl good old off spinners atm....

i think yeah it's a good thing if the so-called "stock ball" really is their stock-ball, but in general the skill level for each delivery (and supporting perks!) should determine the relative frequency of each delivery[DOUBLEPOST=1559231082][/DOUBLEPOST]
I found it the other way, the top spinner would loop and bounce more and the arm ball would turn the other way slightly

you may be right, but i thought it was the top-spinner that turned wrong and the arm ball was fine...

the arm ball should be flatter and faster, the the top spinner should loop (and be relatively shorter for the given input as it falls faster) and bounce more. both should go pretty straight.

Fielding 3 camera seems to be pretty cool. Hope it can be made available while as a running camera as well

Reactions: DAP

Users who are viewing this thread