Cricket 19 General Discussion

Good day guys,
I have been playing world championship with AI on legend difficulty. In 3 matches I have noticed that AI is not playing like it should at this difficulty. Most of the AI runs are coming of edges. I have been bowling maidens. Run rate is about 4. Also I'm getting wickets. Like right now England is 68-3 in 19 overs. And the pitch is standard medium
User bowling is at medium difficulty.
Jo's buttler on 0 of 15 deliveries. AI isn't attacking at all.
Patch version latest on PS4 1.03

Last edited:
Good day guys,
I have been playing world championship with AI on legend difficulty. In 3 matches I have noticed that AI is not playing like it should at this difficulty. Most of the AI runs are coming of edges. I have been bowling maidens. Run rate is about 4. Also I'm getting wickets. Like right now England is 68-3 in 19 overs. And the pitch is standard medium

Just a question, why don’t you up the bowling difficulty? Like perhaps it’s not the AI, but the fact you’re potentially bowling very well, due to the relatively easy bowling difficulty? Perhaps if you didn’t want to go up all the way to hard you could use the custom difficulty sliders?

Perhaps the edges are precisely because the AI is trying to score against this good bowling to maintain a rate, and edges result? That’s natural right?

Reactions: DAP
Good day guys,

In general the early stages and Run rates are pretty poor. I found Run Rate slider to 65. Was much more realistic. Also wicket Chance to 40 and that’s the only changes. Still plenty of edges but a proper ODI feel.

Reactions: DAP
Just a question, why don’t you up the bowling difficulty? Like perhaps it’s not the AI, but the fact you’re potentially bowling very well, due to the relatively easy bowling difficulty? Perhaps if you didn’t want to go up all the way to hard you could use the custom difficulty sliders?

Perhaps the edges are precisely because the AI is trying to score against this good bowling to maintain a rate, and edges result? That’s natural right?
Will do that. Thanks[DOUBLEPOST=1559466754][/DOUBLEPOST]
In general the early stages and Run rates are pretty poor. I found Run Rate slider to 65. Was much more realistic. Also wicket Chance to 40 and that’s the only changes. Still plenty of edges but a proper ODI feel.
Okay great. I should apply these changes at legend difficulty?

Also mate the thing is that on the previous patch. At pro difficulty AI did give me a hard time:/ I played a single ODI against India at pro difficulty. Rest of the things were same[DOUBLEPOST=1559467109][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah don’t see why not...

Let me know how it goes
Will do mate. Thanks

Six AI balls with Aiden Markram, no doosra skill, no doosras.

Six AI balls with Keshav Maharaj, no doosra skill, no doosras.

Time to test more later

A tiny sample size but I was getting like 3 in a row before the weekend.

People also need to turn the perks off where they can bowl doosras, if they can't IRL.

@WealeyH @blockerdave

I'm also absolutely convinced one of the menu songs has the F word in it!

For a more immersive, less repetitive bowling experience try this - I’ve turned off the bowling timing hud all together and rely purely on visual cues from the bowler in his run up. Bowling perfect input deliveries with good line is more challenging- and the AI scores at a better rate too as it capitalises on poor deliveries. I have set bowling difficulty to hard.

What’s everyone’s favourite grounds in the game? I think the Allan Border oval is superbly done. Great atmosphere playing there. Headingly is also great with its unique boundary shape. Lord’s has been very well done. But I’m disappointed with The Oval. Lacks the attention to detail compared to other grounds. Same goes for Perth Stadium.

One request I have which was removed in Ashes from DBC 17, is the confidence meters for DRS reviews. You get the cutscene of the captain and keeper/batsmen talking and it would be nice to see if its worth a review, as i've wasted a few I was convinced by on my own only for an LBW to be just missing or I missed a catch drop short. @MattW @mikeymerren any reason why this was scrapped in Ashes?
Was this noticed? @MattW

Users who are viewing this thread