Cricket 19 General Discussion

Pitches are hard to fathom. They obviously have an effect but the game does a bad job of explaining how they effect things like edge frequency and wicket chance. Some of them do need tuning down a bit, and yeah high skilled spinners can basically turn it round corners on a day 1 green meadow.

For me I would like to see a few more catches in the outfield, and the over powered wicket keeper/poor general fielding improved as the priority.

Still waiting on that elusive first slip catch. I've had 2 drops though (off pace bowling) and that one that he just let smash him in the face.

I seriously dont know why Big Ant cant just concisely clarify how pitch conditions, shining the ball, outfield type, weather etc affects gameplay. I remember reading the rules manuals of Cricket 97 Ashes Tour Edition and Shane Warne Cricket 99 and they even had neat tables outlining the differences and effects. Here we are in 2019 and its all guess work. Frustrating as hell.

Jus started playing, I feel the AI would be lot competitive if it can stop singles in the inner circle.

When the ball goes straight to the fielder, still batsman can easily run a single, the AI doesn’t come forward quickly enough to collect and throw. Even the throws are aimed to the bowler or keeper, which gives us sufficient time to run.
There was a ODI, where in the first 10 overs I scored 62 runs out of that only 2 fours, almost 35-40runs were all runs of the inner circle straight to the fielder. Thought AI would bring the field up in the circle but it dint.
When this is tweaked, the runs will be hard to score by.
PS: played on Pro mode and medium difficulty for batting and bowling.

Really loving the game, but I'm in my second Ashes test match and I just noticed that the Barmy Army has disappeared. Has anyone else had that? There are still crowd noises, but no lovable Barmy Army chants!

Is the second test at Lord's? The Barmy Army aren't allowed in at Lord's....

Jus started playing, I feel the AI would be lot competitive if it can stop singles in the inner circle.

When the ball goes straight to the fielder, still batsman can easily run a single, the AI doesn’t come forward quickly enough to collect and throw. Even the throws are aimed to the bowler or keeper, which gives us sufficient time to run.
There was a ODI, where in the first 10 overs I scored 62 runs out of that only 2 fours, almost 35-40runs were all runs of the inner circle straight to the fielder. Thought AI would bring the field up in the circle but it dint.
When this is tweaked, the runs will be hard to score by.
PS: played on Pro mode and medium difficulty for batting and bowling.
I agree. It's the best game by FAR. But there are few issues around. Am sure these things will be patched soon

I feel the fielding setup by AI is not brialliant.. i was playing mainly into legside but there was no action taken by AI to stop taking run.. is there any option to make it more accurate and stronger.. did anyone notice this??

Did someone say that you don't get out from leading edges?

I’ve had a few leading edges giving c&b (one I was bowling, a couple I was batting)... also had a leading edge up the top of the bat that popped all the way to mid-on. Couldn’t decide if I loved it or was outraged...

Reactions: DAP
I feel the fielding setup by AI is not brialliant.. i was playing mainly into legside but there was no action taken by AI to stop taking run.. is there any option to make it more accurate and stronger.. did anyone notice this??

You could try creating your own fields that you think you’d find difficult to bat against in such a situation. You can’t completely control it, but the AI will use your custom fields

Users who are viewing this thread