Cricket 19 General Discussion

@blockerdave is there a particular pitch you play regularly on where the batting Fromm ai seems to get stronger always in second dig.

I’m just going through old beta stuff and I no that weather and even temperature effects how the pitch changes now.

Not sure. I generally play on dry medium or grassy/dry medium I think

Yes I think the weather makes a massive difference,just started my second ashes test England won the first pretty comfortably.So anyway Tim Paine wins the toss and puts england in to bat and i'm thinking is he mad.When the game starts I notice that it's drizzling it continued to drizzle all the way through the innings and it was the best cricket I've played so far.England somehow managed to bat 47 overs,hitting just 2 boundaries and were all out for 90.
Australia then lost 5 wickets as well making 15 wickets in the day.The second day starts with beautiful clear blue sky and the aussies have lost just 1 wicket so far on the second day.
If that is down to the weather,then it's bloody brilliant.

bounce is not right and needs looking at urgently - it should not be possible for a not particularly tall fast medium to bowl bouncers giving wides in height on a medium pitch

Ok.

On the plus side the AI just took an awesome wicket against me cuz of the dodgy bounce - spinner bowled I planted forward and the ball rouse and hit my glove and popped up to short leg. Looked stunning

Some of the wickets are stunning. Just took the most perfect lbw in a country game...an outswinger pitching on middle and leg and going on to hit the top of off stump.

When I checked it on big eye it was just going over off stump, but this somehow made it better.

I never cared much for bowling in DBC or Ashes but in this game it's always engaging and occasionally brilliant.

Some of the wickets are stunning. Just took the most perfect lbw in a country game...an outswinger pitching on middle and leg and going on to hit the top of off stump.

When I checked it on big eye it was just going over off stump, but this somehow made it better.

I never cared much for bowling in DBC or Ashes but in this game it's always engaging and occasionally brilliant.

100% agree...

Some of them are stunning. I had a bottom edge off a spinner onto the boot up to short leg which was amazing.

I just got a bee in my bonnet at the moment with pitches etc. My spinner seems to be ragging it Day 1 regardless of the wicket. Obviously I can sort that with sliders but I feel the pitch attributes are a little bit all over the place currently!

100% agree...

Some of them are stunning. I had a bottom edge off a spinner onto the boot up to short leg which was amazing.

I just got a bee in my bonnet at the moment with pitches etc. My spinner seems to be ragging it Day 1 regardless of the wicket. Obviously I can sort that with sliders but I feel the pitch attributes are a little bit all over the place currently!

Pitches are hard to fathom. They obviously have an effect but the game does a bad job of explaining how they effect things like edge frequency and wicket chance. Some of them do need tuning down a bit, and yeah high skilled spinners can basically turn it round corners on a day 1 green meadow.

For me I would like to see a few more catches in the outfield, and the over powered wicket keeper/poor general fielding improved as the priority.

Still waiting on that elusive first slip catch. I've had 2 drops though (off pace bowling) and that one that he just let smash him in the face.

This game is simply amazing, so I'm in the middle of the World Championship playing as Australia. Recently played against Pakistan, won by 100+ runs, defending 340 with the top order scoring the bulk of the runs and a big ton by Smudge as well. Now the next game I come against Sri Lanka completely different pitch chasing 244. Warner, Finch, Khawaja, SMarsh and Maxwell fall early and the score is 69-5 after 14 overs. Smith playing out a test innings to try and chase the score down but it is incredibly hard to score because the AI is keeping it off Smith's legs a where he obviously likes it and keeping it outside off! Eventually the pressure gets to be too much and Smith falls for 19 from 30 odd balls to a slower short ball from Perera that I try to smash over square leg but the slower ball deceives me and it is dragged straight back onto the stumps.

Thank you Big Ant for all you've done with the game, I love a challenge in sports games!

Here is the pitch map of the balls bowled to Smith, sorry about the quality, took it with my phone

Attachments

• IMG_2061.JPG
    IMG_2061.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 25
Pitches are hard to fathom. They obviously have an effect but the game does a bad job of explaining how they effect things like edge frequency and wicket chance. Some of them do need tuning down a bit, and yeah high skilled spinners can basically turn it round corners on a day 1 green meadow.

For me I would like to see a few more catches in the outfield, and the over powered wicket keeper/poor general fielding improved as the priority.

Still waiting on that elusive first slip catch. I've had 2 drops though (off pace bowling) and that one that he just let smash him in the face.

Hadn’t had any slip catches either till this weekend and now had several, some beauties.

This one is my favourite - high up on the bat, taken so naturally. (Didn’t I say I love the bounce in this game?... or something)

Really loving the game, but I'm in my second Ashes test match and I just noticed that the Barmy Army has disappeared. Has anyone else had that? There are still crowd noises, but no lovable Barmy Army chants!

Users who are viewing this thread