Cricket 19 General Discussion

Presently, shots down the ground seem to be under-powered compared to those square of the wicket. Is this just my imagination? Has someone else noticed this?

Also, any word on PC release? I don't think community additions will really start going until then[DOUBLEPOST=1560832300][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, was under the impression that there might be helmet/hat off celebration after centuries. Apparently, that's not the case.
With regard to the complaint of shots down the ground being underpowered... I disagree.

I also previously felt that the straight ones were weaker than square shots, but after changing my approach to batting and how I select my shots, I have found that the straight shot physics are closer to realistic than I previously thought.

The main problem is that previously I, and I presume a lot of other players, expect(ed) any ball played straight for which the feedback system says: "ideal", to race to the boundry. This hope is just not realistic. Balls short of a length (the green ones) should be very hard to knock straight back past the bowler along the ground, especially playing off the front foot. The ball simply hits too high up the bat and just wont generate the same power as that same length a bit wider that can be smashed with the middle of the bat. The ones in the right slot however (some of the yellow ones) will come off the correct spot on the bat and have a lot more speed. With my new style of batting I have managed to hit some boundries straight down the ground, and they are very satisfying. Even when there are mid-ons/offs in place. And on rare occasions, I have even managed to beat a wide long off.

The way I bat now, I am very careful with my shot selections and I focus on waiting for specific balls to play possitively. Early in an innings I only play possitive shots at balls going down leg or that are full and in the slot. The rest I defend or leave. When I get into the twenties, I start playing at wider deliveries and some backfoot shots, but I still wait for specific balls and play the rest cautiously.

I never use both bumpers (R2/L2) to try and play aggresive shots. I either defend using R2 or play only with the sticks for possitive shots. When I get very cocky late in an innings, I'll play a shot or two using L2, but even then I am waiting for something very specific.

With the complaint of balls looping through the air, I will agree. The physics and "punishment" for incorrectly timed shots are topsy turvy at the the moment... Early shots roll weakly along the ground while late shots lob/loop into danger zones. This is definitely incorrect and needs to be fixed. Adding to this problem, the bowlers make completely unrealistic diving catches. That is what makes the straight shot so unappealing at the moment.

Just finished bowling 50 overs in the new patch.

AI batting Scorecard:
View attachment 223140

My Bowling Scorecard:
View attachment 223141

Partnership:
View attachment 223136

Manhattan:
View attachment 223142

Scoring Areas:
View attachment 223137

Scoring wheel:
View attachment 223139

Bowling Pitch Map:
View attachment 223138

My Observations based on the 50 overs of bowling:-

The AI shot selection does seem to have improved overall. The flick to the leg is still played quite often. Surprisingly, there were few lofted straight drives played as well.

AI did not take singles on 5 to 6 occasions, even though it was hit to long off/on. However, AI does seem to be more keen in taking singles overall and they even ran on a misfeild.

Though I am on custom AI slider, the battle between ball and bat seems to be even. Overall happy with the score which AI made.

Dint see any super human catches from the wicket keeper, but he still reacts as if every ball is coming to him.

The first three wickets I got were dismissals I have not seen before . I even had two wickets caught in the deep. Probably will get the video out soon with the highlights.

One bouncer for the over is still being called quite frequently and even when spinners are bowling. Definetly needs to be looked into by BA.

First Innings highlights package has been improved, no more caps appearing and disappearing and heads turning in slow-motion before hitting the ball.

Something's off with the speed gun, certain values keeps repeating. For example, 142.8 for medium Pacers and 82.8 for spinners. Not a big deal but in Ashes 17 this was working fine.

Outfield throws seemed to have improved, dint see any which bounced more than once.

Will try chasing the score down tomorrow. Meanwhile, I will probably try and post the video of the first innings soon.

As promised, Video of the AI batting Highlights on Patch 1.06.

Reactions: DAP
Also, was under the impression that there might be helmet/hat off celebration after centuries. Apparently, that's not the case.

Well, I just scored a century on my first match for the Western Warriors in career with my career created player,,,,and he took off the helmet

Presently, shots down the ground seem to be under-powered compared to those square of the wicket. Is this just my imagination? Has someone else noticed this?

Also, any word on PC release? I don't think community additions will really start going until then[DOUBLEPOST=1560832300][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, was under the impression that there might be helmet/hat off celebration after centuries. Apparently, that's not the case.

This. Playing in the V is not so profitable.
Late timed drives in the V goes in air . This has been discussed before.

Waiting for a proper gameplay patch to address this.

Finished Batting 50 overs on the new patch.

Observations:

AI did not bowl even one front foot no ball and bowled better lines even around the wicket.

No super human wicket keeper catches in the whole match ( fingers crossed, hopes it's not just a one match wonder). Keeper still does ball watching when the ball is thrown, sometimes resulting in overthrow but most of the time someone is backing up.

Too many drop catches.( Had almost 8 to 10). Only one looked good the remaining ones is better not spoken about.

Singles are available at will. Inner ring fielders are slow in reacting and bowlers/keepers doesn't take the bails off even after gathering a throw.Throws are still floaty, but didn't see any high loopy ones.

Outfielders seems to be decent but the throws can be quicker.

Leg side lofted shot animation does need to be added. Everything is just a clip to the leg at the moment and even travels 90 Meters.

Managed to play a lofted upper cut to a spinner, but does not trigger the same animation while facing Pacers. Looks like it is only mapped to spinners.

Aggressive grounded shots seems to have issues. It triggers lofted shots instead. Same happens with grounded advanced shots.

The glow effect seem to back but noticed it on white objects than any other colour.

Hitting lofted straight seems to be way more Difficult than cross the line or over covers. Not really sure if it's my timing and the gameplay balance.

I will try and post a video by tomorrow of the chase highlights.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, so I kept my PS4 Pro and bought Cricket 19 last night. Although the menu seems to be sharp, the player details seen very low compared to Cricket 19 Academy on Steam.
Is this how it's released or some issue on my end?
I have a PS4 Pro and a 4K TV.

If this is how my PS4 copy will play then I would have just waited for the PC version if I had known. Please let me know what to do.

The main problem is that previously I, and I presume a lot of other players, expect(ed) any ball played straight for which the feedback system says: "ideal", to race to the boundry. This hope is just not realistic. Balls short of a length (the green ones) should be very hard to knock straight back past the bowler along the ground, especially playing off the front foot. The ball simply hits too high up the bat and just wont generate the same power as that same length a bit wider that can be smashed with the middle of the bat. The ones in the right slot however (some of the yellow ones) will come off the correct spot on the bat and have a lot more speed. With my new style of batting I have managed to hit some boundries straight down the ground, and they are very satisfying. Even when there are mid-ons/offs in place. And on rare occasions, I have even managed to beat a wide long off.
Thank you. I understand your position. The problem, however, was not an expectation of a boundary. Rather, it was the differential outcome between the two kinds of shots. The output for shots down the ground are incredibly underpowered when compared to square of the wicket. The issue was of consistency. It would be better if they were all over or under powered. That way sliders could be tinkered. Now, adjusting the sliders either way means you affect the other when it doesn't need it. Hope that makes sense.

Also, I'm hoping they bring in some more leg side shots, especially power hits. I mentioned this earlier but I haven't been able to trigger anything but a sort of flick when playing powered shots down the ground on the leg side. Admittedly, I haven't played that long. So if someone has seen other shots please let us know.

Is there any wait to get the proper bats for the licensed English players who have the generic ones?

After the new patch 1.06;

It seems like the fielders in the ring now do the 'wait for the ball lazy pick up' animation far more often when taking a quick single. Surely the AI should be coded to attack the ball with a quick pick up and throw if the batsmen are running?

Attacking ground shots are still broken in the V. Scary to even attempt them.

AI batters miss out on so many easy singles / second runs yet they can almost predict a misfield using psychic powers and set off in time for a run?

If the wicketkeeper is captain why does another fielder call for DRS?? This is outright mutiny. It should be the keeper calling. Could he not risk it all and stand on the left during the animation where they get together to discuss a review?

Keeper throws the ball at the batsman's head when trying to pass the ball around the field after a delivery. Grateful this feature has been added but coding needs to tell AI to pass to slip as a priority or nearest fielder as you move down the pitch towards the bowlers mark. Not throw it to short fine leg or worse still directly at the batsman. That's not in the spirit of the game.

Field can actually be changed for a free hit despite batters not crossing - is this an error or has the rule changed now?

I know I sound frustrated but these are glaring issues present from day dot, with some issues worsening despite new patches. If the game doesnt obey the laws of cricket then surely thats a broken game?!

It seems like the fielders in the ring now do the 'wait for the ball lazy pick up' animation far more often when taking a quick single. Surely the AI should be coded to attack the ball with a quick pick up and throw if the batsmen are running?
I agree on most of the points you said..

After 1.06, I did find the fielders in the circle do attack the ball and throw directly more often than before but still can’t prevent a quick singles

BA May be working on other things and come up with a patches. What I heard is that they respond to e-mails more promptly, so if you can send a list of big reports they may add to their list and work on.

Attacking ground shots are still broken in the V. Scary to even attempt them.

AI batters miss out on so many easy singles / second runs yet they can almost predict a misfield using psychic powers and set off in time for a run?

If the wicketkeeper is captain why does another fielder call for DRS?? This is outright mutiny. It should be the keeper calling. Could he not risk it all and stand on the left during the animation where they get together to discuss a review?

Keeper throws the ball at the batsman's head when trying to pass the ball around the field after a delivery. Grateful this feature has been added but coding needs to tell AI to pass to slip as a priority or nearest fielder as you move down the pitch towards the bowlers mark. Not throw it to short fine leg or worse still directly at the batsman. That's not in the spirit of the game.

Field can actually be changed for a free hit despite batters not crossing - is this an error or has the rule changed now?

I know I sound frustrated but these are glaring issues present from day dot, with some issues worsening despite new patches. If the game doesnt obey the laws of cricket then surely thats a broken game?!
Tbh with ya mate send that stuff away to big ant so they can work on stuff like that at the moment I think the patches are just for fixing major bugs they probz have a list not everything in the game can be 100% perfect

Finished Batting 50 overs on the new patch.

Observations:

AI did not bowl even one front foot no ball and bowled better lines even around the wicket.

No super human wicket keeper catches in the whole match ( fingers crossed, hopes it's not just a one match wonder). Keeper still does ball watching when the ball is thrown, sometimes resulting in overthrow but most of the time someone is backing up.

Too many drop catches.( Had almost 8 to 10). Only one looked good the remaining ones is better not spoken about.

Singles are available at will. Inner ring fielders are slow in reacting and bowlers/keepers doesn't take the bails off even after gathering a throw.Throws are still floaty, but didn't see any high loopy ones.

Outfielders seems to be decent but the throws can be quicker.

Leg side lofted shot animation does need to be added. Everything is just a clip to the leg at the moment and even travels 90 Meters.

Managed to play a lofted upper cut to a spinner, but does not trigger the same animation while facing Pacers. Looks like it is only mapped to spinners.

Aggressive grounded shots seems to have issues. It triggers lofted shots instead. Same happens with grounded advanced shots.

The glow effect seem to back but noticed it on white objects than any other colour.

Hitting lofted straight seems to be way more Difficult than cross the line or over covers. Not really sure if it's my timing and the gameplay balance.

I will try and post a video by tomorrow of the chase highlights.
Onside lofted shot animation needs to be added similarly like Ashes cricket 17. Not sure why its removed in this game

Users who are viewing this thread