Cricket 19 General Discussion

Is there a way to add Ranji tournament in Career Mode, the state teams are coming as club teams as of now. It's kinda sad, because it was present in DBC 17.
Actually they aren't club teams when you actually start a career. It shows it that way when you are setting up the career. However, when you start the career. You'll actually play Ranji from the start, as yous state team matches are counted as first class and not Club (Other) matches. You progress on to Zonal Teams, which are follow an older format of Duleep Trophy. Both formats are first class though, we are missing a club format.

Love how that video shows the WK unnecessarily finishing his animation for a bowled.

Plus I do think for reviews we need things slowed to frame by frame as it's hard to see where spikes are for edges and when the bails light up for run outs

I really hoped the bouncers being bowled by the AI going for a boundary all the time gets fixed. Sick of restarting the game so that I don’t end up with 100+ extras per innings. Also, the AI field placement needs work. Managed to build a 150 run partnership and they are still fielding like its 2 new batsmen coming out during a collapse. One other thing, you can take 2 new balls in a test match every 80 overs. That’s incorrect.

Last edited:
I really hoped the bouncers being bowled by the AI going for a boundary all the time gets fixed. Sick of restarting the game so that I don’t end up with 100+ extras per innings. Also, the AI field placement needs work. Managed to build a 150 run partnership and they are still fielding like its 2 new batsmen coming out during a collapse. One other thing, you can take 2 new balls in a test match every 80 overs. That’s incorrect.
Avoid any field harder than medium for the time being.

One thing I noticed after the latest patch is that when an AI batsman plays onto his stumps we suddenly go into slow-mo mode as if it is a catching opportunity. It really destroys the pleasure of seeing the stumps flying out of the ground.

Conversely, when a fly ball goes to a fielder sometimes there is no slo-mo catching opportunity at all and the ball is dropped. (Although in first-class games the AI rarely puts the ball in the air to the outfield and if they do it is almost always a clean shot over the fence at an uncatchable height).

After more than six years of development these issues should really have been sorted by now.

Users who are viewing this thread