Cricket 19 General Discussion

Had a mess with all the BA cricket versions over the weekend. Oddly original disc release of DB 14 seems the best... then DB 14 version 1.4 scrapped the edges and the good replays but added poor fielding, less challenging bowling and silly looping throws back to the stumps. We got the edges back in Ashes Cricket but they then became very odd in Cricket 19. We also lost outfield catches in Cricket 19 first class games...

Conclusions? For me DB 14 disc edition has the better gameplay provided you don't patch it. You can roll back the patch if you are on Ps3.

It's all a matter of opinion of course but playing all the BA games consecutively leaves me disappointed with the latest iteration. We need a patch.. but I suspect it will now be Cricket 2021. I will buy it, but not with a great deal of confidence. Hope I am wrong!
I agree with that. I moved back to playing Ashes cricket on ps4 and DBC14 on Xbox one s. Both are good, Of course DB14 is simulation based and that is missing in cricket 19. I think Big bash boom ruined simulation based cricket games .Player body to head ratio , player movements and everything else is an improvement over Big bash boom Arcadey style gameplay. It's my experience and opinion.

The physics possibilities in Cricket 19 are way more advanced than DBC 14: however it is clear all the bits have to join up in the right way, and that needs some work.

I went back to dbc 14 to compare it to cricket 19 and they are worlds apart in my opinion.

If people enjoy those games, great, but for me the most enjoyable is cricket 19 and I would still call it a simulation rather than an arcade game.

Hopefully a new patch will solve all our worries

Anyone know of a batting tutorial anywhere

I can hardly ever hit the ball after advancing down the crease and haven't connected with a single slog sweep or scoop. Being able to do these would increase the longevity of the game for me

I can hardly ever hit the ball after advancing down the crease and haven't connected with a single slog sweep or scoop. Being able to do these would increase the longevity of the game for me
Advanced down needs to be played as soon the ball is released, sometimes even bit before.. Try doing that in ground training.. Also you can reduce its difficulty in sliders..

Would there be a Second edition to Big Bash boom? Especially since there was no BBL Teams included in Cricket 19.

Seeing the ball very closely and quickly will help you with your issue, I personally have no ball indicating HUD so its just me and that round thing coming at me.

Also another thing would be to predict/understand where the ball would end up when close to you like which line. As soon as the bowler releases the ball,watch it and decide your shot, if you miss that split second game's gonna punish you for it. I recommend turning down its difficulty in sliders as told by @Gamer Pradosh since I feel the base difficulty for hardest is too 'hard'..

I think I played Big Bash Boom 4 or 5 times and then uninstalled it. It’s in my steam library as a collection item lol:lol

Reactions: DAP
Else, why would they not include the BBL teams in Cricket 19?
Personally I think the game was a bit rushed to release it in time for the Ashes. It’s a good game but too many bugs that makes you wanna pull your hair out. I still play it everyday and hope for fixes to be released. Sadly it takes ages and some of the worrying bugs might not get fixed.

Any idea , why the updates are not yet patched to the consoles ?
And when it will @MattW

Users who are viewing this thread