Cricket 19 General Discussion

Weren't there supposed to be sponsorship deals and some sort of a narrative on the career mode? Am I mis-remembering or did Big Ant just lie for the pre-orders?
This was from their description of the game:

Rich career mode
Take control of a junior player just entering club cricket, and develop them into one of the greatest players in the sport – perhaps even captaining their country. Develop the player however you like, and perform well, so the news headlines sing your praises, enabling you to earn lucrative sponsorship deals and catch the notice of selectors!

So yeah, not sure where the sponsorship deals are but I've created my own sort of sponsorship setup.

Else, why would they not include the BBL teams in Cricket 19?

Could be part of their licensing agreement, pure speculation though. We love that.

Weren't there supposed to be sponsorship deals and some sort of a narrative on the career mode? Am I mis-remembering or did Big Ant just lie for the pre-orders?

ive played about 11 seasons in career mode yet to see anything regarding sponsorships or anything to do with headlines, the only time ive seen anything regarding headlines is during the ashes series in england when theres a small cut scene that shows the newstand headline for that ashes test e.g similar to the one you see during the trailer for cricket 19

think it might of been a bit of smoke and mirrors marketing magic...

You are remembering correctly but I don't think they lied per se; as someone mentioned earlier, the game was just rushed to coincide with the Ashes and it seems they didn't have time to add this. Either that or one of their patches that removed more than it fixed affected them.

Seriously doubt a patch is coming, people are complaining daily both here and the BA forums (all with zero replies of course) but not even a word from BA. Its still a solid game for me but I've lost a lot of respect for BA as a developer and will definitely put more consideration before I buy another one of these "indie company" games. Seems labeling something as "indie" is becoming synonymous with "early access" as it just gives an excuse for the game to not to be polished or even finished at any point. Hell, I wish I had a disc version of CR19, every patch has made the game increasingly frustrating and theres still a bunch of stuff that doesn't even work. Ironic that the game has less content now than when it was released.

All this with NO update at all from BA, just a random patch from left field to Switch users, that brought their versions up to the same broken version we all play on PC/console.

Just cross your fingers and pray theres an EA Sports Cricket '20 :cheers

Any idea , why the updates are not yet patched to the consoles ?
And when it will @MattW
Becau
You are remembering correctly but I don't think they lied per se; as someone mentioned earlier, the game was just rushed to coincide with the Ashes and it seems they didn't have time to add this. Either that or one of their patches that removed more than it fixed affected them.

Seriously doubt a patch is coming, people are complaining daily both here and the BA forums (all with zero replies of course) but not even a word from BA. Its still a solid game for me but I've lost a lot of respect for BA as a developer and will definitely put more consideration before I buy another one of these "indie company" games. Seems labeling something as "indie" is becoming synonymous with "early access" as it just gives an excuse for the game to not to be polished or even finished at any point. Hell, I wish I had a disc version of CR19, every patch has made the game increasingly frustrating and theres still a bunch of stuff that doesn't even work. Ironic that the game has less content now than when it was released.

All this with NO update at all from BA, just a random patch from left field to Switch users, that brought their versions up to the same broken version we all play on PC/console.

Just cross your fingers and pray theres an EA Sports Cricket '20 :cheers
Agree and retro stuff is ignored as well, square drives and square cuts are weird that batter leaving and exposing all the 3 stumps while playing those shots on any footwork. It look Arcadey. But Big Ant are best and way ahead in cricket gaming over other developers

hi All,

I have completed many levels as described and I can see the ability points are shown as well.

Why is it not unlocking to put the ability points? Please Help , I am missing anything , this is my first career mode in Cricket 2019.

As I am typing this I have also passed the required points of 2100, still No Luck.

IMG_0083.jpg

Becau

Agree and retro stuff is ignored as well, square drives and square cuts are weird that batter leaving and exposing all the 3 stumps while playing those shots on any footwork. It look Arcadey. But Big Ant are best and way ahead in cricket gaming over other developers
Worst issues for me are teleporting batsman when "Poor" is the shot choice (trying to hit an off/cover drive to a ball outside off stump included), ball passing through the bat for the same issue. And batsman shuffling across stumps automatically (especially bad against spinnners, they always get inside the line of the ball).

These make batting impossible when they happen and really ruin the experience.

Mate, that’s still lying and false advertising.

Is there any actual evidence that a new patch is being worked on?

At the moment it it just a shoddy mess. I am fairly patient by nature but I think a lot of fans are very disappointed with BA.

I still pray that EA have something in the works...

hi All,

I have completed many levels as described and I can see the ability points are shown as well.

Why is it not unlocking to put the ability points? Please Help , I am missing anything , this is my first career mode in Cricket 2019.

As I am typing this I have also passed the required points of 2100, still No Luck.

View attachment 227284
Are you pressing Y?

Users who are viewing this thread