Cricket 19 General Discussion

bumba

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So it’s a bug. We enjoy playing test cricket and what if we don’t want to simulate.....

khan31

International Coach
Visually and also behaviour is same.

This is the main gripe. If they put enough effort in to programme the ball to react differently in the air and off the surface (dependent on age of ball and playing conditions), they would most certainly bother to age the ball visually.

(- Rough pitches should rough up the ball faster and allow for reverse swing after fewer overs
- Ball being carted all round the stadium causes it to wear faster
- Ball swings more when new and more randomly. Stops swinging after x overs. Reverses after y overs.
- Conditions should have a greater impact on the level of seam/swing
- Footholes/cracks should cause the ball to turn more/less and bounce more/less x% of the time)

Does anybody know if its incredibly difficult to appropriately code the ball to age and react differently as more overs are bowled? Or does it require a lot of manual inputting specific rules and calculating %'s?

Seems to me like BigAnt still doesn't realise the the potential benefit which could come with customer interaction. This forum alone has the potential to provide so many ideas for the game and there are people who would do a lot of the leg work for free - like they do already with the work on the Academy / mods etc.

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
This is the main gripe. If they put enough effort in to programme the ball to react differently in the air and off the surface (dependent on age of ball and playing conditions), they would most certainly bother to age the ball visually.

(- Rough pitches should rough up the ball faster and allow for reverse swing after fewer overs
- Ball swings more when new and more randomly. Stops swinging after x overs. Reverses after y overs.
- Footholes/cracks should cause the ball to turn more/less and bounce more/less x% of the time)

Does anybody know if its incredibly difficult to appropriately code the ball to age and react differently as more overs are bowled? Or does it require a lot of manual inputting specific rules and calculating %'s?

Seems to me like BigAnt still doesn't realise the the potential benefit which could come with customer interaction. This forum alone has the potential to provide so many ideas for the game and there are people who would do a lot of the leg work for free - like they do already with the work on the Academy / mods etc.

I’m no programmer but the more variables you put in the more testing required and the more code to go in to make it happen. If add hundreds of variables I can imagine it’ll take them a long time to check it works.

D

Dutch

The ball doesnt behave the same and the things you have mentioned do happen....but it could be exaggerated more. The coding is defintely in there for the ball and the pitch to behave depending on conditions. For example uneven bounce is coded into pitch conditions. So they have bothered to do that as you say but whether it is working consistently and or enough is another matter. Because of ba s general lack of communicating its reasonable that people are going to have all kinds of ideas and assumptions but I can tell you that up to this very day testing and tweaking is ongoing. There is a group working in the very manner you describe: for free and offering reams and reams and reams of ideas, tweaks, wishes, begs, threats, tantrums, cuddles, and above all a lot of knowledge of the very subtlest aspects of cricket, many aspects of which BA has took upon themselves to implement in the game. There is however a limit as to what they can do without unbalancing other aspects within given timeframes.

Last edited by a moderator:

jalaj

School Cricketer
can anyone tell me player gets injury in cricket 19

Last edited by a moderator:

EdgedAndGone

Club Captain
I’ve never simulated so can only go on bowling every ball. It changes over the day and overs bowled.
Strange. I played on ps4 - Ashes mode on latest patch. One side of the ball loses shine a bit, the logo goes off the ball around 20 overs. After that it remains same till 80 overs. Not a single ball is simulated. Please let me know what kind of tournament you played and on which platform.

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Strange. I played on ps4 - Ashes mode on latest patch. One side of the ball loses shine a bit, the logo goes off the ball around 20 overs. After that it remains same till 80 overs. Not a single ball is simulated. Please let me know what kind of tournament you played and on which platform.

Ashes series on Xbox One. I don’t think I have any captures so late in the innings but it definitely went very rough and off colour.

Users who are viewing this thread