Cricket 19 General Discussion

Hester

County Cricketer
I'm not asking them to fix the error. I'm asking them to fix/remove this bats limit they put in the game. It's a joke to have such a limitation in a game that's made in 2019. I can't say about consoles but having such a thing on PC is downright criminal. I just checked, I have 198 bats, all of them are unique. There were only a couple duplicates that I already removed. After that it allowed me to add perhaps one more team.

Also as I said before, I'm unable to download any teams that have custom bats anymore, which actually is the main issue here. As soon as I get that error and I click on "Ok", it stops the entire download, and that team is nowhere to be found in my lists.

Not sure if this is related, but I recently got the game and downloaded the international teams. All of them have plain bats. No custom bats at all. Thought it was weird and am wondering if I now have to go through all the players to give them a proper bat??

Rex0

School Cricketer
Not sure if this is related, but I recently got the game and downloaded the international teams. All of them have plain bats. No custom bats at all. Thought it was weird and am wondering if I now have to go through all the players to give them a proper bat??
Depends on who the creator of those teams is. I personally prefer @wasteyouryouth and his teams come with custom bats.

Statto_74

School Cricketer
Wasn't sure if this merited it's own thread, I play Cricket 19 with my 8 year old son, is there a way to use sliders to effect a two player game?
Games can be a bit one sided.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Looks like the Easter Island Heads XI

Rex0

School Cricketer
I'm not asking them to fix the error. I'm asking them to fix/remove this bats limit they put in the game. It's a joke to have such a limitation in a game that's made in 2019. I can't say about consoles but having such a thing on PC is downright criminal. I just checked, I have 198 bats, all of them are unique. There were only a couple duplicates that I already removed. After that it allowed me to add perhaps one more team.

Also as I said before, I'm unable to download any teams that have custom bats anymore, which actually is the main issue here. As soon as I get that error and I click on "Ok", it stops the entire download, and that team is nowhere to be found in my lists.
Update: So I had opened a support ticket during this time explaining the entire issue and got this response:

"Thank you for your feedback. We don't have plans to update the total size of the custom bats database at this stage, but we have noted your request for future consideration."

As if I'm requesting a new feature or something. It's an issue that needs fixing. Really disappointing response.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Update: So I had opened a support ticket during this time explaining the entire issue and got this response:

"Thank you for your feedback. We don't have plans to update the total size of the custom bats database at this stage, but we have noted your request for future consideration."

As if I'm requesting a new feature or something. It's an issue that needs fixing. Really disappointing response.

How about we let them get back to work properly then maybe they will resolve it. Probably got other things on their mind at the moment.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

In fairness, who needs 198 bats? lol. Maybe next game there'll be a much higher cap. Personally, I think there are far more bigger issues to be resolved and improved upon for the next outing.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
In fairness, who needs 198 bats? lol. Maybe next game there'll be a much higher cap. Personally, I think there are far more bigger issues to be resolved and improved upon for the next outing.

The categorisation of it as an "issue", rather than potentially sub-optimal design, and the self-entitled demand this "issue" be resolved immediately is baffling.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Its also restricted on the xbox presumably there is a reason for it.The restrictions were also there in the ashes game.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Quick question if you start off with a day 3 pitch in a test match does it go to day 4 on the second day or stay at day 3 until it gets to day 4 or just stay at day 3 throughout.

D

Dutch

Quick question if you start off with a day 3 pitch in a test match does it go to day 4 on the second day or stay at day 3 until it gets to day 4 or just stay at day 3 throughout.
Should go straight to day four on day two as it were

Users who are viewing this thread