Cricket 19 General Discussion

RAVI99

Club Captain
Cross seam is an interesting delivery. IRL you will get one of two outcomes; hitting the seam and getting sharper bounce or hitting the leather and skidding on. In game you only get the first.

Using it should really should make the ball somewhat useless, at least in regards to getting any swing or seam up movement. It's basically roughing up the ball. It's why you will see it more in limited overs matches where the variation is more useful and swing lasts about 3 overs. Over time, it should gradually reduce the amount of bounce you would get.

But ai never bowls they only bowl green and reds.

RAVI99

Club Captain
Cross seam is an interesting delivery. IRL you will get one of two outcomes; hitting the seam and getting sharper bounce or hitting the leather and skidding on. In game you only get the first.

Using it should really should make the ball somewhat useless, at least in regards to getting any swing or seam up movement. It's basically roughing up the ball. It's why you will see it more in limited overs matches where the variation is more useful and swing lasts about 3 overs. Over time, it should gradually reduce the amount of bounce you would get.
Crosseam combined with r2 effort balls a bowler can bowl constantly 159 plus every ball
My point is that stamina of the bowler should reduce more.
Confidence and stamina needs some attention

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Crosseam combined with r2 effort balls a bowler can bowl constantly 159 plus every ball
My point is that stamina of the bowler should reduce more.
Confidence and stamina needs some attention
Similarly, sprint run between wickets should also must have impact on the stamina.

Sonic_2021

Club Captain
It might be age with Du Plessis. If there is something that makes players lose skill as they get older; it might be happening in any tournament, rather than just career mode.
Well OK then but how do I increase their rating again? Make them sit on the bench for 1-2 matches maybe? Or is there some other way?
Post automatically merged:

But ai never bowls they only bowl green and reds.
Why? AI bowls all sorts of deliveries for me. Try playing on Legend.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Is there any chance that the new 100 format could be added to the game.
Blah, who would want to play that abomination of a tournament? I'd rather watch a video of every ball Ishant Sharma played at no 11.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Is there any walk option in cricket 19 like DBC 14 Had when you run between wickets? It's not that much but it would be nice to see it here too :)
I don't know that there was Walk option in DBC14.

RAVI99

Club Captain
Well OK then but how do I increase their rating again? Make them sit on the bench for 1-2 matches maybe? Or is there some other way?
Post automatically merged:

Why? AI bowls all sorts of deliveries for me. Try playing on Legend.
For me only green and red length

Sonic_2021

Club Captain
Hi all. I will try to compile my unanswered doubts here as well as add my new doubts. Thanks :)

1. How to increase the rating of a player whose original rating was decreased during a tournament?
2. How do you tap back a LOFTED ball? {Semi-Assisted}[This is quite frustrating since I could easily tap back a ball which is about to land on the boundary line. But the Fielder just watches the ball going bye bye for a six :/]
3. How to download a team as a custom team? {Because let's say I want to download a uniform of a team but I don't want to lose my current roster as well.}
4. Yorkers are very difficult to hit but at the same time, they are very hard to execute as well. I ASSUME that to get a perfect yorker, you need to press the square button and get a perfect release as well as a perfect jump, but most of time, when I see during Replays, it seems like a full toss for me and that might be the reason why hitting sixes in yorker lengths Seem Easy. Am I doing anything wrong?
5. A ball that reaches a batsman's shoulder should be called a Bouncer right? But the Umpire RARELY calls it a bouncer. Only when the ball goes above the batsman, he calls it a bouncer. Why?
6. Is there a slider which makes the unorthodox shots more useful like the advanced shots? Because, first of all, they are very hard to time just like the advanced shots and second, they don't travel more. Let's say I got 3 ideals in a sweep shot {Which I in fact got 3 ideals in a sweep shot once} but.....It's not a Six. It went straight for a catch :/
And third, and probably the biggest reason is because it is just poor shot choice more than 90% of the time and as a result, these shots won't even connect the ball. The only unorthodox shot which I find useful is the reverse sweep. Though even this shot is not useful in hitting a six or in making the ball travel more, but this shot connects the ball most of the time. So, is there a way I can make these shots more useful? Are there any sliders for this like the advanced shots? {I feel like the scoop/ramp shot and the helicopter shot should be made more useful against fast bowlers and the sweep shots and the switch hits to be made more useful against spinners.}
Edit: Also, what kind of unorthodox shot do you get when you press R1 and try to hit towards mid on/mid wicket? What does that shot even do?

Last edited:

Ashy-90

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I wonder if people are available in Microsoft windows platform PC (Xbox pass).. none are available Online :(

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
I wonder if people are available in Microsoft windows platform PC (Xbox pass).. none are available Online :(
That store is horrible and most games there have some sort of corruption of its installation files.

mohsinhbk

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Anyone updating PSL 6 squads ?

Users who are viewing this thread