Cricket 19 General Discussion

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
It may depend on whether it's worth the time and money to do it or whether the game engine can actually cope with certain features. There are so many things in game development that we don't see. After all the feedback over the previous three games, I doubt it's through a lack of wanting to do certain things. At some point, you have to draw a line. What we think is fairly simple may actually be the most complex thing to do within the code of the game, and then you have to make it work well within actual gameplay.

Take edges, for example. I'm not a fan of the way they fly off the bat at 1000 MPH or seem to go in carefully selected gaps at times. However, I'm guessing it has to be this way for them to work at all, given they behaved in a similar manner in Ashes Cricket.

Last edited:
Reactions: DAP

EdgedAndGone

Club Captain
After patch 1.11, it seems the ball and pitch deterioration does not take place in competition and Ashes. As per the discussions I am planing to pause the Ashes and start India-Westindies in casual mode and check if the wearing ball and pitch has any affect on game play. I really feel this should have been a feature of this version.

D

Dutch

It may depend on whether it's worth it the time and money to do it or whether the game engine can actually cope with certain features. There are so many things in game development that we don't see. After all the feedback over the previous three games, I doubt it's through a lack of wanting to do certain things. At some point, you have to draw a line. What we think is fairly simple may actually be the most complex thing to do within the code of the game, and then you have to make it work well within actual gameplay.

Take edges, for example. I'm not a fan of the way they fly off the bat at 1000 MPH or seem to go in carefully selected gaps at times. However, I'm guessing it has to be this way for them to work at all, given they behaved in a similar manner in Ashes Cricket.
I am slowly becoming an advocate of less is more in terms of this franchise. I would like to see depth rather than breadth. I would happily give up most things for indepth gameplay especially on the fielding side of things which is by far the weakest element imo. I have understood that because fielding mechanics are at the very very core of all things to do with gameplay that fixing things there will have immediate knock on effects as we are seeing. I hope they just start again in terms of fielding and build it from the ground up again.

D

Deleted member 185125

I am unable to select commentary names starting with letter C to L. Does anyone know a workaround?

khan31

International Coach
I'm able to scroll pass Names starting with A and B and then it starts from A again. Similarly, if I scroll backwards I'm able to get all names strating from Z to M and then it restarts again. This is on PS4.

I have this issue. Only way to get to the names beginning with those letters is to cycle through at a gentle pace. It seems when you try to fly through the names, it resets back to the start. Weird

HD6274

Club Cricketer
I think we should get more xp or something if we play on hardest mode or hard mode.Because there is no use of batting on hardest if we are getting same xp on all modes.

Dracos

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Could we perhaps have a separate moderated thread which lists out all the glaring and immersion breaking bugs like the wicket keeper running forward to a bouncer and lack of pitch and ball degradation. I know there is a bugs thread but that's for more complex issues. I feel such a thread will be helpful for devs, testers and players alike and could prevent duplicate posts about the same issue.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@DAP , @Nathan Goat Lyon

Shorter Form on Hard mode and longer hardest ,

Now in Career which will be good to start
I started career on Veteran (Medium, Medium, Medium) and now in 2026 Year, I am on Legend (Hard, Hard, Hard)![DOUBLEPOST=1565548849][/DOUBLEPOST]
And they've probably said the same about the last game and the game before that. But, they still keep buying it, and then go on as though BA have a gun to their head making them buy it.
This thing is the one that annoys me. Literally the same people from the AC Forums are cribbing again!

Users who are viewing this thread