Cricket 19 General Discussion

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I had no idea spin had dissapesred from C19. I have a batting all rounder career, with some fancy left arm wrist spin. Maybe I didn't get spin the last time I played, just after the patch.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I'm not sure we are too demanding. I think we are dreadfully short changed actually.

These are games priced at triple A prices, the same price as Grand Theft Auto 5, Red Dead Redemption 2.

"Oh, but it's a labour of love made by a small studio", I hear a certain section say.

Well, so was Rimworld, X-Plane, and so was Transport Tycoon. Gameplay, realism and depth classics that get better with age. If we owe Big Ant our patience, well after 2014 we have had six years and four iterations, and we are playing a game now where the ball doesn't spin. We haven't had a decent representation of cricket since the odd Ashes Cricket patch, and Brian Lara Cricket 2005. (I don't count DBC14 because none of the player attributes do anything).

It's a dreadful state of affairs, and I'd happily help kickstart anyone who can produce a game that gives the world's second biggest sport a bit of respect.
There's actually a funny parallel between GTA V and C19, they are either the only one or are the best in the genre of the game that they are putting out. GTA V is easily the best of all time, and miles above any game that even tries to do what they do. C19 is easily the best game in the market right now for cricket. I enjoy this game despite all imperfections![DOUBLEPOST=1583816884][/DOUBLEPOST]
Had a couple in career mode with my spinner. Actually took my career best of 5/28 just after the patch. Think it’s because the AI expects the ball to turn but due to the no turn bug the ball just goes straight.
I also managed to get an edge, as a left arm wrist spin. I think it's the same reason.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
The first time I played after the latest patch I thought the spin has got depth where you get pitches with no spin whatsoever and you get spin as match progresses because this was something I really wanted especially in tests where you have to use them effectively rather than just introducing them anytime you wish.. But seems like that wasnt the case..

But such a variation in future would make us select our squads with much more thought put into it.. Like spinning pitches with 3 spinners in squad would add to your favour than a pace friendly pitch with 3 spinners where you are just wishing the AI to get out by themselves..

And on other topic I am getting really close "beaten the bat" situations when bowling.. Though the "slog a shot after pressure created" comes up and ruins it.. Edges through slips I dont mind as I feel the angles are realistic atleast for my type of bowling.. Currently have AI runrate at 25, maybe need to get back to 15 like before but they get too defensive then, but need to see if they do that slogs at 15..

Reactions: DAP

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
The first time I played after the latest patch I thought the spin has got depth where you get pitches with no spin whatsoever and you get spin as match progresses because this was something I really wanted especially in tests where you have to use them effectively rather than just introducing them anytime you wish.. But seems like that wasnt the case..

But such a variation in future would make us select our squads with much more thought put into it.. Like spinning pitches with 3 spinners in squad would add to your favour than a pace friendly pitch with 3 spinners where you are just wishing the AI to get out by themselves..

And on other topic I am getting really close "beaten the bat" situations when bowling.. Though the "slog a shot after pressure created" comes up and ruins it.. Edges through slips I dont mind as I feel the angles are realistic atleast for my type of bowling.. Currently have AI runrate at 25, maybe need to get back to 15 like before but they get too defensive then, but need to see if they do that slogs at 15..
Are you getting any turn and deviation with spinner even after 60 overs of bowling side on dry and standard pitches. If yes then fine. I played Ashes test and other test then I got no turn and deviation with Nathan Lyon.

AnkitC

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

I haven't tried the new patch, but I really had an issue with how spin worked in the previous versions. Right from Ball No. 1, the Spinners could spin the ball miles on literally any pitch. Completely disregarding the condition of the ball and the pitch conditions.

I hope that's what BA were trying to fix?

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
I haven't tried the new patch, but I really had an issue with how spin worked in the previous versions. Right from Ball No. 1, the Spinners could spin the ball miles on literally any pitch. Completely disregarding the condition of the ball and the pitch conditions.

I hope that's what BA were trying to fix?
No I am playing a test match again as India against South Africa on dry pitch and I got nothing for my spin duo Jadeja and Aswin after 60 overs.The ball just going in one direction without any deviation of the pitch after hitting the deck. This is my second test match after installing the patch.( But in replays we can see the ball revolutions without any deviation at all) . If any getting turn please let the people know.

Users who are viewing this thread