MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Little one off pic I took of my player in career mode. Looks likes he's having some sort of repressed memory re-surface lol.

20200408013134_1.jpg

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The ball marker only indicates the line of the ball. Not the way it will swing or spin. Unless there is another ball marker which is missing in my version.
View attachment 231273

Wouldn't that indicate the direction of the delivery sufficiently in most cases though? It has been a long time since I played with those on, but I felt that they were sufficient to deal with most deliveries.

Kumarjit Dey

School Cricketer
I am assuming you are either playing on amateur or rookie, or with shot replacement on.

this is a terrible feature that apparently helps players get better by having the batsmen do something that bears no relation to the input...

If you go into the difficulty settings and create a custom difficulty that matches your current setting but with shot replacement off

Hellom, thank you for taking time to reply me. I have shot replacement turned off in my settings.

D

Deleted member 185125

Wouldn't that indicate the direction of the delivery sufficiently in most cases though? It has been a long time since I played with those on, but I felt that they were sufficient to deal with most deliveries.
Sufficient or not is a subjective matter. The point is that it does not indicate the swing/spin direction.

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
It is far from perfect. It's a grassy, day 1 pitch and I just got out to spinner to one turning it like day five in Sri Lanka.
View attachment 231167

On veteran. These are the settings I'm trying out.

Grassy/Soft at Lords

View attachment 231168

Can I ask what default settings everyone is using for realistic / best experience gameplay across all formats ?

Looks like AI is veteran , suggestions on batting, bowling & fielding settings?

Kumarjit Dey

School Cricketer
Yes, there is no options in the settings to enable swing marker. It could be just an arrow over the ball marker to suggest which way the ball is going to swing. How do I report this to the dev?

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Batting control on classic says RB+LT is chip shot but my batsmen always drive the ball when I try it. Also lofted sweep does not work. Any help will be appreciated

D

Deleted member 185125

Yes, there is no options in the settings to enable swing marker. It could be just an arrow over the ball marker to suggest which way the ball is going to swing. How do I report this to the dev?
It's just the way the game is designed at the moment. You can probably submit an enhancement request on their website.

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
Batting control on classic says RB+LT is chip shot but my batsmen always drive the ball when I try it. Also lofted sweep does not work. Any help will be appreciated
What difficulty are you playing on? I would suggest to only go for chip shots in tests where there is no chance for fielder to run yards and catch it.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
What difficulty are you playing on? I would suggest to only go for chip shots in tests where there is no chance for fielder to run yards and catch it.
I’m playing Veteran in Odi’s and Legendary in tests. How do you play the uppercut shot? So many shots that I can’t get to work

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
I’m assuming that the uppercut is played with left stick down (6 o clock)and right stick diagonally down right (5 o clock) with good length deliveries.

Just played a while in the nets and couldn’t figure out how to play the uppercut shot. With the right handed batsmen it just wants to reverse sweep everything lol.

Last edited:

dawg456

Club Cricketer
I'm struggling to get test matches to last 5 days in career mode, i've reduced the desired run rate to 10 on the slider's but my team still bats at a rate of 4 - 5 runs per over same with the opponents, even high scoring games end in 3 - 4 days. Any solutions? thanks in advance.
PS. My user controlled player bats at a strike rate of 65

AnkitC

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I’m assuming that the uppercut is played with left stick down (6 o clock)and right stick diagonally down right (5 o clock) with good length deliveries.

Just played a while in the nets and couldn’t figure out how to play the uppercut shot. With the right handed batsmen it just wants to reverse sweep everything lol.

Possibly because you're holding LB instead of LT?

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
I'm struggling to get test matches to last 5 days in career mode, i've reduced the desired run rate to 10 on the slider's but my team still bats at a rate of 4 - 5 runs per over same with the opponents, even high scoring games end in 3 - 4 days. Any solutions? thanks in advance.
PS. My user controlled player bats at a strike rate of 65
I currently have AI striker timing at 15 and runrate at 20.. This has been giving good totals and AI seems to play longer as well which I am happy about , though still seeing the lofts when batsman reaches 20 runs or so.. Runrate has been around 3-4 RPO..

As far as I know uppercut cant be played effectively when ball is short with the stick angle you said.. Would suggest to move stick further to the line if the ball is wide to connect well..

Users who are viewing this thread