Cricket 19 General Discussion

kashan123999

has said thanks for this post
No. not to be rude I think better bowling. Or lower rated players.

Generally the AI "goes after" what it considers bad balls. Either you're bowling too many, or the players are overpowered/overrated and able to go after even good balls.

Just to make sure if I am doing things rightly, since I am using default player ratings, are they generally overpowered by default?

What academy creations can you or anyone else would recommend (with balanced or even lower player ratings)

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Just to make sure if I am doing things rightly, since I am using default player ratings, are they generally overpowered by default?

What academy creations can you or anyone else would recommend (with balanced or even lower player ratings)

I don't know mate, sorry. I only play the retro stuff, and typically i'm using players made myself, or by @Mouseydread or @gleeso73 or @DalePlaysCricket or more recently @wasteyouryouth (his 80's legends). But every single one I've rated myself and everyone has ended up lower-rated than the player I downloaded. For default and current downloaded players I honestly wouldn't have a clue.

D

Dutch

I think @stephencox32 made a load of university teams,maybe they could be useful?
What I liked with Cricket Coach was that you could create random teams and it would fill in all the names of the players and their playing roles and everything at the click of the button. Each country had appropriate names as well. Was a very cool feature. Shame it doesn't seem to be getting developed anymore. Anyway my point is something like this would be very helpful in Cricket 19

Mouseydread

Associate Captain

I agree with @blockerdave, I personally believe the ratings "out of the box" are overpowered in some cases and undervalued in others.

I've attached a link where I attempt to rate players called My Cricket Academy Stories focused on retro in the main. I did this myself out of Lockdown boredom the other night it may help! :)

There are a whole range of ages that play this game, all of us cricket fans, I may be one of the older ones!

There are 2 parts to this so far, I may do more, but Part 2 goes more into how I rate the players.

Part 1

Part 2

Last edited:
D

Dutch

I agree with @blockerdave, I personally believe the ratings "out of the box" are overpowered in some cases and undervalued in others.

I've attached a link where I attempt to rate players called My Cricket Academy Stories focused on retro in the main. I did this myself out of Lockdown boredom the other night it may help! :)

There are a whole range of ages that play this game, all of us cricket fans, I may be one of the older ones!

There are 2 parts to this so far, I may do more, but Part 2 goes more into how I rate the players.

Part 1

Part 2
Great vids mate!

kashan123999

has said thanks for this post

Part 1

Part 2

Great content and that's helpful, thanks.

Also thanks Blocker. lemme look into the ratings bit, explore academy creations and download custom teams then. Hoping to find lower powered ones

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Quick question, is it possible to attach playfaces to auto-generated players in career mode?

I might try anyway, I was thinking along the lines of just copying the name and creating a new player and uploading to the academy and seeing if it does replace them.

Neil Harvey

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Guys, whats the right area to post about some videos I'm/my club are doing?

In these dodgy times, we're creating teams on Cricket 19 and live streaming (then doing match highlights) of our league games for one of our 3 Saturday teams.

Any feedback would be appreciated! Its hard without real cricket, but this is really helping us as a club stay together and motivated!

I'd really like feedback about logos and stuff as thats the real thing we've struggled with, everything else is working ok.

Youtube channel is here - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSWLE1rAzqe8mSmXsPfFi5g

We also do a podcast but thats not as important! :)

Thanks for any feedback....

Neil

arsh3565

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Cricket 19 switch version need a stability patch just bought switch and cricket19 and its not smooth as it should be... is there any patch coming up for switch users?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Do you mean the fielding rating or the overall rating? Should fielding ratings around catching be maxed out then?

fielding ratings, specifically catching and reflex catching, and probably positional/general too. I doubt they need to be maxed out. What levels are the players you're using now?

There are also perks to improve catching too

Users who are viewing this thread