Cricket 19 General Discussion

Rex0

School Cricketer
Steam version. That "Unable to download bat. Custom bats database is full" error is getting on my nerves. Can't download any more teams just because of that stupid error. Why hasn't this been fixed yet @MattW?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Steam version. That "Unable to download bat. Custom bats database is full" error is getting on my nerves. Can't download any more teams just because of that stupid error. Why hasn't this been fixed yet @MattW?

is it an error? Not just a data storage limitation?

anyway, I’m pretty sure you can download the teams anyway, just not the bats?

mehta23

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just bought the game yesterday and so excited to start a career. Thinking about changing it up since the last two games from bowling all rounder/legspin to something different.

How is pace/fast bowling on this new game compared to spin?

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just bought the game yesterday and so excited to start a career. Thinking about changing it up since the last two games from bowling all rounder/legspin to something different.

mechanics are pretty much the same

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

Personally i think spin is way overpowered, so pace bowling would be more challenging.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Personally i think spin is way overpowered, so pace bowling would be more challenging.
From watching the matches in our tournament I'm more convinced than ever that the low bounce is what makes spinners and medium pacers over powered. Slow bowling speed + shin high bounce.

It limits the shots. The low bounce pitches I've seen a lot less of the 'flair' cut shot, which is good, but also just seems to limit any kind of realistic batting to spin bowlers. I saw someone trying to reverse sweep a Darren Stevens slower ball last night (of course the Glasgow Grubbers don't know what they're doing).

Rex0

School Cricketer
is it an error? Not just a data storage limitation?

anyway, I’m pretty sure you can download the teams anyway, just not the bats?
It's an error because of that stupid limitation. And no, I can't download those teams where I get this error. I've been trying to download English counties from wasteyouryouth and I keep getting this error.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
It's an error because of that stupid limitation. And no, I can't download those teams where I get this error. I've been trying to download English counties from wasteyouryouth and I keep getting this error.

but it’s not an error that needs fixing if it’s either a design or hardware limitation. It’s a limitation.

And you can still download teams, you just can’t download new bats.

from what I’ve seen, there’s a lot of unnecessary duplication of bats in the academy, so you can free up space by using the bat manager to ensure only one instance of a particular design is assigned to a player, then delete the unassigned instances.

mehta23

School Cricketer
Another thing I noticed is that the default first class lineup for a lot of the English counties have the best players on the reserves. Is it better to keep it like this? Is it something to do with the dynamic team lists further into the career

Rhone

County Cricketer

I played several seasons career with a batting all rounder leg spinner. with bowling on HARD and AI on VETERAN I took 100 wickets at 15 in first class. About 80 at 16 in tests.

Spin is indeed a bit overpowered...I think maybe 70% of my wickets came from forward defensive shots onto my boot or pad. Some thing look at maybe if it's still being patched.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I played several seasons career with a batting all rounder leg spinner. with bowling on HARD and AI on VETERAN I took 100 wickets at 15 in first class. About 80 at 16 in tests.

Spin is indeed a bit overpowered...I think maybe 70% of my wickets came from forward defensive shots onto my boot or pad. Some thing look at maybe if it's still being patched.

Before starting my current series on the "England in the 90s", I set all the opponents to have either the bronze or silver vs Spin batting perks, and also footwork perk for at least the best players of spin.

The hope was that I might get the occasional player coming down the pitch at my spinners. That hasn't happened, but I'd say they have coped better against spin. Reckon my spinners have gone from averaging 16/17 to averaging in the 20s.

Rex0

School Cricketer
but it’s not an error that needs fixing if it’s either a design or hardware limitation. It’s a limitation.

And you can still download teams, you just can’t download new bats.

from what I’ve seen, there’s a lot of unnecessary duplication of bats in the academy, so you can free up space by using the bat manager to ensure only one instance of a particular design is assigned to a player, then delete the unassigned instances.
I'm not asking them to fix the error. I'm asking them to fix/remove this bats limit they put in the game. It's a joke to have such a limitation in a game that's made in 2019. I can't say about consoles but having such a thing on PC is downright criminal. I just checked, I have 198 bats, all of them are unique. There were only a couple duplicates that I already removed. After that it allowed me to add perhaps one more team.

Also as I said before, I'm unable to download any teams that have custom bats anymore, which actually is the main issue here. As soon as I get that error and I click on "Ok", it stops the entire download, and that team is nowhere to be found in my lists.

Last edited:

kashan123999

has said thanks for this post
Pardon my ignorance but, is twistie part of PC community? I find his videos really, really good. any opinions/comments on his style of play/settings/content?

Hester

County Cricketer
Hello,

I've just started the 4th match in the Ashes series I'm playing and noticed that Anderson has dropped to 72 rated. He's bowling at the same pace and seems fine but I'm confused.

Does anyone know why his stats may have dropped? I've not had any indication that he's injured.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread