MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
does anyone know how to add players to a licenced team in the game and saving that lineup?, as when i add a player to a licensed team then it reverts back to default team when you exit game on xbox one s.
Need to create a custom team.

Sonic_2021

Club Captain
My Full Review on the July Update patch (No DLC):

Big Ant have released a new July Update to continue supporting Cricket 19 during these times. Nice! Now let's go over the new changes and improvements brought by the update. (Note: I won't be including most of the changes that are already in the patch notes. I will only include the General Ones).
PLATFORM: PC (Steam)

MENUS:
1. To add new things, the presentation of the menu got changed completely. The Menu is now indeed a bit more complex but thankfully, it isn't something that is hard to comprehend.
2. A New theme has been added to the Menu called "West Indies", which looks gorgeous!
3. A new thing called the "In Match Emote System" has been added. You have to use the Right Analog Stick to use those emotes in-game. I think it's pretty cool! It just adds to the experience.
4. Three New Game Modes called "The Hundred", "Caribbean Premier League" and "Test The Best" has been added. But only Test The Best will be available in the patch. This new mode is absolutely Fantastic! It's for those people who would like to play online BUT in events like this! Love it!

NEW PLAYERS/TEAMS AND FACES:
1. The Update also includes new teams and new players, out of which, one of the international teams, West Indies, got licensed! Because of this, they also had the chance to get CPL in the game too! This is definitely a step in the right direction BigAnt!
2. But I am very mixed with the faces of the new players. Faces of Some players like Pollard, Gayle, Cornwall etc.., Look Absolutely Amazing and almost accurate to their real look! But Some are quite disappointing though, like Rashid Khan and Dwayne Bravo. But overall, most of the faces look nice.
3. One thing I noticed was that Gayle was not added to WI by default, which is quite Surprising. He is one of the biggest asset for the team.

NEW MODE:
1. While the Update doesn't give you access to the new "The Hundred" Mode in the menu, but BigAnt have made it such a way that you can still experience the new hundred mode in Play Now Mode! Just hover to Play now and Choose the Hundred under the Game Format! A welcoming change to allow players to know about it!
2. But The Hundred isn't included in the Career Mode sadly, but I am not complaining. It's already good to see it in the play now mode!
3. The Overlay for the Hundred Just looks amazing! Unlike the real Hundred overlay, this overlay looks beautiful and simplistic! 10/10! Love it!
4. But the Update doesn't give you access to the Hundred Teams though. Same for CPL. If you liked the new mode OR liked the new teams OR liked the CPL Exclusives, Buy the DLC! It's great!

Before we get onto the main part, let's look at some other small changes the new update brings:
1. Big Ant has included Replay Camera Invert options to allow us to replay our game in a more dynamic way.
2. They added an "Exit To Desktop" option when quitting matches in PC to save time.
3. They Added an option to turn off bowling input assistance in lower difficulties, to offer more challenge.
4. The LATE release timings usually don't show any marker. But this time, they show.
5. Fielders dive a bit more now. But just a bit more. Not that much.

Now for the main part.....
GAMEPLAY:
The Main reason for a patch, to improve the gameplay stability and fix bugs....Let's see what changes this patch includes...

BOWLING:
1. Fast Bowlers consume less stamina when bowling now. Thank God!
2. The Ball Swings and Spins a bit more now.
3. The Ball bounces more now.
4. Bowling Speed is more accurate. [Medium = 110 - 125, Fast-Medium = 125-140, Fast = 135-150 ; Everything is KPH.]
5. Yorkers are not easy to hit balls now. [Bowling Quality Influence: 90] {To obtain a perfect yorker, you need perfect timing and perfect release.)
[1,2,3 and 4 are on Default BOWLING Physics]

FIELDING:
1. Throwing balls is a lot more accurate and smoother now if that makes sense.
2. The Fielders don't get super slow now since stamina reduction has been reduced and also they don't take an awful amount of time after they dive.
3. Fielders actually dive and slide often possible to stop runs now and Catches are coming at various places such as point now. Adds more variety!
4. The bowler and the Wicket Keeper are actually responsive now. They prevent you from getting runs if the ball is close to them. Plus, Run Outs are more accurate now. You don't get an Out signal even if you are clearly inside the line. But you do get out if the bat is not touching the ground though.
5 And the Best of all, I have seen as of now is, fielders often tap the ball back to prevent sixes! It happened to me twice in the same match! I will send pics later. So, Basically to tap back a ball, you have to bring the analog stick to the circle and press the Y button. I have done this twice and it worked. (Edit: I continued, tried this trick again, it didn't work lol)
[Fielding: HARDEST, Catching Slowdown for Pace and Spin = 100, Catching Radius = 0, Catching Influence = 100]

BATTING:
1. The Best thing to come out of this patch based on batting is that the Leg Side Shots are more effective now. In my difficulty, not even 3 Ideals were enough to hit a six at the legside but I could hit a six on the offside with 2 ideals. At that time, I was quite sad because I love playing the Legside shots But this time, that's not the case. Leg Side shots are made almost effective as the off side shots now! [This accounts to FRONT FOOT legside shots.]
2. Back Foot Shots connect well now and are well balanced but the Pull Shots aren't very OP now. Even they require correct timing just like the other shots.
3. The Aggressive L1/LB shots consume less stamina now and the lofted shots stamina reduction is still the same.
4. The Reverse Sweep has a bit more power now than before but all the other unorthodox shots look the same.
5. The Advanced Shots animation look smoother but sadly, still no advanced "grounded" shots for standard controls.

Things that could be fixed:
Bowling: Free 4 Runs when the wicket keeper doesn't dive to catch the ball when balls like short balls are bowled.
Fielding: Fielders should catch the ball when correct input is given, i.e.., when the Analog Stick is brought inside the circle and confirmed with a button.
Batting: Unorthodox Shots should be more effective.

AI:
1. The AI is a lot more aggressive now.
2. It hits all sorts of areas.
3. For Batting, PRO/Veteran AI is best but for bowling Legend AI is best. But that's just my experience.
4. Sadly, the bowling tactics of AI is still the same. It sometimes repeats the same 2 bowlers over and over and sometimes gives the ball to those Bowlers who gave a lot of runs. It also almost never gives the ball to a spinner.

That's it from my side. Overall, this was a great patch and I am glad they made it. It has improved my experience in cricket 19! Thanks a Lot Big Ant :)
Note: I will send Pics of certain things like tapping back of balls to prevent sixes later. If you guys want I can send my difficulty.

Edit: Wow. Guess I was extremely formal than necessary.

Last edited:

disco123

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
After DLC / patch are gameplay changes effective on saved career modes , the players and stadiums have been included in my saved career mode but I don’t see much difference in gameplay?

Sonic_2021

Club Captain
After DLC / patch are gameplay changes effective on saved career modes , the players and stadiums have been included in my saved career mode but I don’t see much difference in gameplay?
I don't know but from my experience, any kind of new changes added don't affect saved games/files. I would say that the most noticeable change in the patch is the stamina reduction in fast bowlers. Check whether their stamina reduces too much or not compared to your previous games. I recommend creating a new game in play now first.

gideon_swrd

Club Captain

Big Ant have released a new July Update to continue supporting Cricket 19 during these times. Nice! Now let's go over the new changes and improvements brought by the update. (Note: I won't be including most of the changes that are already in the patch notes. I will only include the General Ones).

MENUS:
1. To add new things, the presentation of the menu got changed completely. The Menu is now indeed a bit more complex but thankfully, it isn't something that is hard to comprehend.
2. A New theme has been added to the Menu called "West Indies", which looks gorgeous!
3. A new thing called the "In Match Emote System" has been added. You have to use the Right Analog Stick to use those emotes in-game. I think it's pretty cool! It just adds to the experience.
4. Three New Game Modes called "The Hundred", "Caribbean Premier League" and "Test The Best" has been added. But only Test The Best will be available in the patch. This new mode is absolutely Fantastic! It's for those people who would like to play online BUT in events like this! Love it!

1. The Update also includes new teams and new players, out of which, one of the international teams, West Indies, got licensed! Because of this, they also had the chance to get CPL in the game too! This is definitely a step in the right direction BigAnt!
2. But I am very mixed with the faces of the new players. Faces of Some players like Pollard, Gayle, Cornwall etc.., Look Absolutely Amazing and almost accurate to their real look! But Some are quite disappointing though, like Rashid Khan and Dwayne Bravo. But overall, most of the faces look nice.
3. One thing I noticed was that Gayle was not added to WI by default, which is quite Surprising. He is one of the biggest asset for the team.

NEW MODE:
1. While the Update doesn't give you access to the new "The Hundred" Mode in the menu, but BigAnt have made it such a way that you can still experience the new hundred mode in Play Now Mode! Just hover to Play now and Choose the Hundred under the Game Format! A welcoming change to allow players to know about it!
2. But The Hundred isn't included in the Career Mode sadly, but I am not complaining. It's already good to see it in the play now mode!
3. The Overlay for the Hundred Just looks amazing! Unlike the real Hundred overlay, this overlay looks beautiful and simplistic! 10/10! Love it!
4. But the Update doesn't give you access to the Hundred Teams though. Same for CPL. If you liked the new mode OR liked the new teams OR liked the CPL Exclusives, Buy the DLC! It's great!

Before we get onto the main part, let's look at some other small changes the new update brings:
1. Big Ant has included Replay Camera Invert options to allow us to replay our game in a more dynamic way.
2. They added an "Exit To Desktop" option when quitting matches in PC to save time.
3. They Added an option to turn off bowling input assistance in lower difficulties, to offer more challenge.

GAMEPLAY:
The Main reason for a patch, to improve the gameplay stability and fix bugs....Let's see what changes this patch includes...

BOWLING:
4. Bowling Speed is more accurate. [Medium = 110 - 125, Fast-Medium = 125-140, Fast = 135-150 ; Everything is KPH.]
5. Yorkers are not easy to hit balls now. [Bowling Quality Influence: 90] {To obtain a perfect yorker, you need perfect timing and perfect release.)

FIELDING:
2. The Fielders don't get super slow now since stamina reduction has been reduced and also they don't take an awful amount of time after they dive.
3. Fielders actually dive and slide often possible to stop runs now and Catches are coming at various places such as point now. Adds more variety!
4. The bowler and the Wicket Keeper are actually responsive now. They prevent you from getting runs if the ball is close to them. Plus, Run Outs are more accurate now. You don't get an Out signal even if you are clearly inside the line. But you do get out if the bat is not touching the ground though.
5 And the Best of all, I have seen as of now is, fielders often tap the ball back to prevent sixes! It happened to me twice in the same match! I will send pics later. So, Basically to tap back a ball, you have to bring the analog stick to the circle and press the Y button. I have done this twice and it worked.
[Fielding: EASIEST, Catching Slowdown for Pace and Spin = 100, Catching Radius = 0, Catching Influence = 100]

BATTING:
1. The Best thing to come out of this patch based on batting is that the Leg Side Shots are more effective now. In my difficulty, not even 3 Ideals were enough to hit a six at the legside but I could hit a six on the offside with 2 ideals. At that time, I was quite sad because I love playing the Legside shots But this time, that's not the case. Leg Side shots are made almost effective as the off side shots now! [This accounts to FRONT FOOT legside shots.]
2. Back Foot Shots connect well now and are well balanced but the Pull Shots aren't very OP now. Even they require correct timing just like the other shots.
3. The Aggressive L1/LB shots consume less stamina now and the lofted shots stamina reduction is still the same.
4. The Reverse Sweep has a bit more power now than before but all the other unorthodox shots look the same.
5. The Advanced Shots animation look smoother but sadly, still no advanced "grounded" shots for standard controls.

Bowling: Free 4 Runs when the wicket keeper doesn't dive to catch the ball when balls like short balls are bowled.
Fielding: Fielders should catch the ball when correct input is given, i.e.., when the Analog Stick is brought inside the circle and confirmed with a button.

That's it from my side. Overall, this was a great patch and I am glad they made it. It has improved my experience in cricket 19! Thanks a Lot Big Ant :)
Note: I will send Pics of certain things like tapping back of balls to prevent sixes later. If you guys want I can send my difficulty.

Thanks. Has the AI improved in any way in the July patch or the new DLC? Especially the field placements and chasing?

Sonic_2021

Club Captain
Thanks. Has the AI improved in any way in the July patch or the new DLC? Especially the field placements and chasing?
Well, the thing is, I can't really answer that question since the AI for me is really weird, Before the patch itself. Others could help you. From what I have heard, the AI is more aggressive in batting now.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Cannot believe we still have no, or very few ring or outfield catches in test cricket :(

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
ive had a couple in my games since the patch. Got vid of them will post

And let me know AI difficulty, think that has a strong bearing on what happens. Thanks.

Mentalities is an interesting one in this build @blockerdave @WealeyH @Dutch @wasteyouryouth I've seen them shine through on Rookie (while adjusting the other parameters to make it feel more like real cricket).

It seems in Rookie they aren't always trying to score at 4 an over in test cricket religiously, so batsman seem to play according to their actual skills and mentalities rather than the default thrashing the last ball of an over for 4 whoever they are. Early days.

Last edited:

RonnieTodger

School Cricketer
Feels like a new game, which I'm enjoying. Got to say, limited overs is a real challenge. I'm getting pasted all around the park.

That said I can't say I'm enjoying my fielders catching on the boundary rope.

Sonic_2021

Club Captain

MENUS:

NEW MODE:

4. The LATE release timings usually don't show any marker. But this time, they show.
5. Fielders dive a bit more now. But just a bit more. Not that much.

GAMEPLAY:

BOWLING:

FIELDING:
5 And the Best of all, I have seen as of now is, fielders often tap the ball back to prevent sixes! It happened to me twice in the same match! I will send pics later. So, Basically to tap back a ball, you have to bring the analog stick to the circle and press the Y button. I have done this twice and it worked. (Edit: I continued, tried this trick again, it didn't work lol)
[Fielding: HARDEST, Catching Slowdown for Pace and Spin = 100, Catching Radius = 0, Catching Influence = 100]

BATTING:

AI:
1. The AI is a lot more aggressive now.
2. It hits all sorts of areas.
3. For Batting, PRO/Veteran AI is best but for bowling Legend AI is best. But that's just my experience.
4. Sadly, the bowling tactics of AI is still the same. It repeats the same 2 bowlers over and over and sometimes gives the ball to those Bowlers who gave a lot of runs.

TAPPING BACK OF BALLS TO PREVENT SIXES (I won't say that it would happen everytime, but it happens a bit more than before now) [First one was a sight to behold since it resulted in a catch :)]
20210726164214_1.jpg20210726220349_1.jpg20210728223342_1.jpg20210728223343_1.jpg20210728223348_1.jpg

BOWLING MARKER SHOWN DURING LATE RELEASE:
20210728201940_1.jpg20210728201951_1.jpg
BOWLER BEING RESPONSIVE:
20210728202451_1.jpg20210728231633_1.jpg
(PERFECT) YORKERS BEING HARD TO HIT:

20210728202526_1.jpg20210728202510_1.jpg
LEGSIDE SHOTS BEING EFFECTIVE:
20210728202822_1.jpg20210728202756_1.jpg
SOME NICE SCENES:
20210728203432_1.jpg20210728203435_1.jpg20210728203438_1.jpg20210726210054_1.jpg

I will send my difficulty later since it needs some tweaks. Thanks :)

Last edited:

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Need your comments here as my cousin having Region2 cricket19 disc game on ps4, he downloaded dlc from his US account and dlc doesn’t even download. Thats might be due to game and store region difference.

Can anyone guide from which store he needs to purchase dlc so that can work with his region2 disc game.

Sonic_2021

Club Captain
Need your comments here as my cousin having Region2 cricket19 disc game on ps4, he downloaded dlc from his US account and dlc doesn’t even download. Thats might be due to game and store region difference.

Can anyone guide from which store he needs to purchase dlc so that can work with his region2 disc game.
Wait what? He DOWNLOADED DLC from his US account but DLC doesn't DOWNLOAD? Please tell what happened exactly.

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Wait what? He DOWNLOADED DLC from his US account but DLC doesn't DOWNLOAD? Please tell what happened exactly.
He has US account and he purchased DLC where as game is disc version region 2.
Neither Any download happened nor showing in library instead its showing purchased in store.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
And let me know AI difficulty, think that has a strong bearing on what happens. Thanks.

Mentalities is an interesting one in this build @blockerdave @WealeyH @Dutch @wasteyouryouth I've seen them shine through on Rookie (while adjusting the other parameters to make it feel more like real cricket).

It seems in Rookie they aren't always trying to score at 4 an over in test cricket religiously, so batsman seem to play according to their actual skills and mentalities rather than the default thrashing the last ball of an over for 4 whoever they are. Early days.

Legend. I don’t have an issue with the AI aggression tbh. Generally go 2.5-3.5 an over in tests which is fine - when they go higher I’m usually bowling poorly or field is over aggressive

Talking of mentalities, Slater (aggressive) has been out early playing big drives in majority of inns.

Users who are viewing this thread