Cricket 2004 News and Info

I think EA will release a demo after they release the game. :lol: :lol: :lol: Just a few days remaining and not even a site is up. Man thats shocking. I doubt they will release the game on 7th of Dec. :OOO:

Originally posted by umosay@Nov 29 2003, 09:28 AM
Hi guys,

I just saw a preview of the game on tv here in new zealand (on a gaming show).

I must admit it looks much better than 2002 and the batting and bowling animations seem to have improved. Graphics look much better but player models might be the biggest worry. overall i think it looked promising
hey u shud have captured it and shown us
anyways Plzzz tell in brief wht u saw actually in the clip

Originally posted by umosay@Nov 29 2003, 03:58 AM
Hi guys,

I just saw a preview of the game on tv here in new zealand (on a gaming show).

I must admit it looks much better than 2002 and the batting and bowling animations seem to have improved. Graphics look much better but player models might be the biggest worry. overall i think it looked promising
Which gamins show? Do they have a website, they might have a video archive.

sorry guys the review caught me a bit unaware, they do have a site but its under construction (www.screenshot.co.nz)

The clips just showed fast bowlers coming into the batsmen, in about 5 different games.... the front foot defensive shot looked a lot better than 2002 (more like SWC and BLC), i also saw an LBW against a left handed batsmen and then he got given out (umpires look better), then it showed him walking back to the 'shed' and his stats etc...

That show sounds awesome, Australia used to have a show like that but it was taken off the air. Dammit why wasn't it taken off after cricket 2k4 came out

:lol: ...maybe if u and your friends watch the show...u could see it...but noooooooo u have to do something else which is way more important

Moveover..i didnt like the defence too much in blc...i hope at least if the ball is pitched up and the guy streches his leg to the length of the ball..not do a little baby step and put his bat there...

also did the fast bowlers all have generic run ups or different ones?

My guess is all bowling runups will be quite generic, much like cricket 2002. But who knows...the difference in player models, sizewise, might actually make a difference. Hope for the best!

I reckon if EA can pull off more realistic timing of shots, the game will feel much better to play. In 2002 cover drive and straight drives just didn't feel "right"

Do you think cricket 2k4 will also have those messed up controls of 2k2.
I had to change them and sometimes i still have to use them since the ones i added wont work

OK - here's a question I'm willing to bet nobody knows the answer to (I don't expect anybody cares, either!):

My laptop has a screen resolution of 1280x800 pixels. Now will Cricket 2004 support that resolution, or am I going to have 24 fat little men on my screen when I play?

If anybody cares or knows the answer that would be good.

I suppose I could just fiddle around with the drivers or something?

Tom

it will definately........
and what do you mean by 24 fat little men ?

If it only goes in standard resolutions like 1024x768 etc, then in my screen it will just squash the picture - and the men (11 players on 2 teams = 22 + 2 umpires = 24) will look fat!

Users who are viewing this thread