Cricket 2004 News and Info

Answering the question of booo (is cricket in Holland growing?).

Booo, I must say I am afraid that is not the case. In mine opinion we do have a too small selection of pretty good cricketers. I think the reason for that is that cricket is no professional sport in Holland (and it never will be). I think it's much of a compliment to the team that they reached the worldcup and the played wel out there. Just won 1 match, but bowled out India for about 200 runs and could have won the game. I think it is very bad that for the last 10 years we haven't seen any cricket on television (that doesn't help to extend the game!) because the BBC have lost there broadcast rights :( :( :( :( :( . Hope SkySport (that we can't receive in Holland) will be burning to happy thoughts soon!!!! ;)

Sachin Tendulkar and ALL cricketers (i suppose) should never complain when they get a bad decision, as should no player. Everyone gets decisions against them, and for them, so they shouldn't complain. I don't get stressed when I'm wrongly given out, and i've been given out by my team mates in my time!!!

Let's all just get along!

Originally posted by lazy_chesnut@Dec 9 2003, 05:10 PM
Let's all just get along!
Should I take that as an apology for you calling me a moron then?????

One of the Admins may rightly have a go at us for posting on the wrong board, but here goes anyway. Well lazy chesnut I think it's admirable and a sign of strength in a person that they walk off without dissent after bad decisions. But the nature of the game and people themselves is different to the perfect world. I suppose it depends on what sort of level you play at, because the higher you get, the more pressure there is to perform (cricketers and umpires). If you're just playing a Sunday friendly game then reactions are less. I don't know what level you play at and how serious the game is. But one of my teammates was fined at the end of the season in a Glamorgan Academy game for dissent, for an absolutely appalling decision. The mate in question played a pull shot, the ball rebounded off his helmet which was pushed backward, and the wicket keeper caught it. Umpire give him out when there was hardly an appeal. As I said, its admirable when people don't show dissent, but understandable if they do in some cases.

Originally posted by HDBird@Dec 9 2003, 11:13 AM
I am not an Aussie, I am a Scotsman.
Seriously, you mean I'm not the only Scottish cricket fan in the world? :D
Hopefully the NL will include Scotland as a team and we can take our rightful place in the cricketing pantheon by beating the likes of Northants and Derbyshire...

Originally posted by narcist@Dec 9 2003, 11:19 AM
associate/affiliate = its all the same (kenya, canada, namibia, scotland)!
Associate members of the ICC

Argentina
Bermuda
Canada
Denmark
E+C Africa
Fiji
France
Germany
Gibraltar
Hong Kong
Ireland
Israel
Italy
Kenya
Malaysia
Namibia
Nepal
Netherlands
Papua New Guinea
Scotland
Singapore
Tanzania
Uganda
UAE
USA
West Africa

Affiliate Members

Afghanistan
Austria
Bahamas
Bahrain
Belgium
Belize
Bhutan
Botswana
Brunei
Cayman Islands
Cook Islands
Croatia
Cyprus
Czech Republic
Finland
Greece
Indonesia
Japan
Kuwait
Lesotho
Luxembourg
Maldives
Malta
Morocco
Norway
Oman
Philippines
Portugal
Qatar
St Helana
Samoa
South Korea
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Thailand
Tonga
Vanatu

Looks like two different lists to me.

Most people do!!! We have one or two decent players Joyce at Middlesex and fast bowler McCoubrey knocking about the counties.

So hopefully I can gloriously guide the Irish to many defeats by the counties in c2k4 to keep it realistic

Dear guy with sonic the hedgehog as his picture,
Are you aware that Ireland once bowled the Windies out for 21 or something like that. Just thought you should know.

Dear Scottish guy who was upset by my remarks:
If you were an Aussie you would be a moron, but as you are a fellow brit, regard that remark as stricken from the record. All of what I said to you apllies to Aussies though, especially the bit about the Aussie PM.
Sorry for being so rash.

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread