Cricket 2004 News and Info

u aint the only one buddy...k try this!

in the start menu, click run, and type dxdiag. now wait for awhile...and move onto the display tab on top. tell me wut u see...graphic card, memory, etc.

Besides the info ive given. here's more!

Chip type : Intel? 82810
DAC type : Internal
Current Display Mode : 1024 x 768 (16 bit)(60Hz)

mate...our prob is our gfx chipset. u hv an intel 810, whereas i hv an 815. this game sadly doesnt support chipsets, sucks for sure. unless we coax HB to mk a patch or sumthin for it to work, we sadly wont be able to play it.

man...am so F'n pissed!!!

yea...for me its outta question coz am usin my laptop...chipsets cant be replaced for em, and secondly my desktop's back in canada(am in India for a lil break), so i'll hv to wait a whole month before i can play it.

shucks....i wanna play it rite now!

Luckily for me i got a new ATI Radeon Graphics Card 256 MB two days ago but jus waiting for the f'n computer man to come and install the hardware for me.

aite man...enjoy da game! do think of me when u hit ur first six or tk ur first wkt, lol :)

Man but dont u think we shud email Hb about this coz we paid so much for the mooo! game for it not to work!!!

Heard the commentary was pretty bad on 'Cricket 2004', I got some Bill Lawry classsics on this thread
theres a sample....if enough request i'll upload them all.....

so thats y it doesnt work...becayse ii too have intel 810....god y r they so dum they cant include that in this game...their must be some solution like the gf4 for c2k2...hmmmmmm i will try and update me chipset drivers...u guys too should try

This thread was about News and Info on the game. Seems to have been hijacked by graphics card geeks. :angry:

we r talking about c2k4 news....we r talking aobut what grapichs card deosnt work on c2k4..and well that is c2k4 news

Hi guys and girls,

I'm playing the game on PC.
So to read there are great differences between the PS2 and pc version.
My first impressions of Cricket2004 weren't that good, but after playing it for a vew hours I have to recorrect my opinion.
I'll try to review a vew things
- I red running between the wickets and the fielders should be bad. In the PC version it is quite OK!! Batsman are running a lot faster than in Cricket2004 and turning back to cancel a run is no problem at all. I guess there are differences between the PC and PS2 version. PC version looks to be much better.
-Bowlers are bowling quicker. Don't mind the meter, thrust your eyes.
-Important: the game has proven a lot as a real cricketgame. When bowling and batting you see more of the field. Fields look much bigger.
-It looks more to cricket like you watching it on tv. An edge trough the slips look marvelous (just like real)!
-You have to react and time better while batting (I didn't bowl yet). So it is more difficult. I like it.

At first sight the game looked a bit strange. The bowlers etc looked too big and the length of the pitch too smal. I got used to it in a vew hours, now it doesn't botter me anymore.

And the impire looks very ugly. It seems he broke his two arms and he has a big and ugly nose. But what the heck, I never felt in love with an umpire before:-)

When you're hitting the ball, it reaches the boudary too quick. Maby Vineeth and the others can fix such things.

The public looks more lively.

My overview: after getting used to Crickket 2004 a bit, it really looks a lot better and more realistic than Cricket2002. This is my opinion.
I would say, give the game a change and with some patches it can only become better.
Enjoy the game!!

I forgot a few things:
The style of batting has improved very much.
The silly looks real now, also his position just biside the batsman.
You can drive the ball straight in the air and it will be caught by the WK.
Slowbowlers got 2 or 3 silly's

The ball looks OK now (it's completely round).
When playing the slomo, you can see the bowl bowled by a spinner turning beautiful in the air.
You can place the ball between fielders and take quick runs allright. I said it before, the running between the wickets (PC version) is very quick!! You can go for short runs without being runout all the time.
Fielders are only appealling when it could be a run out. And they don't appeal no longer as they did in Cricket2002.
Indeed, the stadiums look marvellous.

Users who are viewing this thread