Cricket 2004 News and Info

Originally posted by peterp@Dec 19 2003, 08:19 PM
The ball looks OK now (it's completely round).
When playing the slomo, you can see the bowl bowled by a spinner turning beautiful in the air.
You can place the ball between fielders and take quick runs allright. I said it before, the running between the wickets (PC version) is very quick!! You can go for short runs without being runout all the time.
Fielders are only appealling when it could be a run out. And they don't appeal no longer as they did in Cricket2002.
Indeed, the stadiums look marvellous.
thanks a lot.cheers :cheer:

Originally posted by kalavala@Dec 19 2003, 09:37 AM
Luckily for me i got a new ATI Radeon Graphics Card 256 MB two days ago but jus waiting for the f'n computer man to come and install the hardware for me.
Install it yourself, it's easy if you know how to use a screwdriver.

I d know how but my parents dun want me to do it coz they think i might stuff it up or sumthin.

Originally posted by kalavala@Dec 19 2003, 02:06 PM
I do* know how.
Read the instructions that come with it, you will save money...

even though my parents didn't allow me before, they do now (at least during the summer while in New Delhi)...but it isn't worth calling the Technician just to install a graphics card...

My profession is as a PC Technician and I know, we charge way too much money, especially for a job like this which will take no more than 10 minutes, including driver installation.

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I would just like to say that you folks have a good site going. :clap: I just finished playing Cricket 2004 and it's a vast improvement on Cricket 2002. Little features here and there that make it a very enjoyable game to play, the graphics aren't anything to get excited about but the gameplay makes up for it. I personally like the feature where they have this status bar, which indicates how comfortable a batsmen is on the crease and the higher the meter the harder it is to get him out and they have a similar meter for bowlers. All in all a good effort by EA but it definitely can be a better game....Another thing that takes a bit of the enjoyment away is that Cricket 2004 has a few bugs, I know that every game has it's fair share of bugs but it's the kind of bugs that this game has. For example if you go and play a World Cup competition and just as one is reaching the 20th-24th overs the game stops responding, the other major glitch is that the game seems to randomly crash straight to the desktop in between overs....now this happens when I'm playing a 3 day test series, so I'm not quite sure if this bug is in the other modes.

All in all it's a good game but could be made better if the few glitches that is has could be taken care of....Hopefully they come out with a patch that takes care of these issues.

That was just funny! Hehehe...Me thinks that certain people want to be banned.

can you get banned for declaring intent to download the game and/or having the game downloaded? i know the forums does not condone warez, and if this guy shares his downloaded game with others, he is in for a banning...but what about like this?

HEY GUYS ,
Can any post a full pakistani squad screen shot or atleast post players name.Thankz :)

Originally posted by uman@Dec 20 2003, 12:29 PM
I M DOWNLOADING CRICKET 2004.
ANYONE WANTS IT. JUS ASK ME I'LL TELL U HOW TO DOWNLOAD IT.
I hope ur joking or Vineet will come around and ban you :mellow:

Originally posted by wasim_akram@Dec 20 2003, 11:45 AM
HEY GUYS ,
Can any post a full pakistani squad screen shot or atleast post players name.Thankz :)
Pakistani's are-
Qaiser Abbas
Farhan Adil
Hasan Adnan
Shahid Afridi
Shabbir Ahmed
Mushtaq Ahmed
Shoaib Akhtar
Kamran Akmal
Wasim Akram
Mohammad Akram
Mohammad Ali