Cricket 2005 Demo Released - Views, Opinions and Reviews

After playing it for some time i think in game graphics & animations are stunning. As far as gameplay is concerned there is certainly a improvement as batting is much more tougher than c2k4. , I think im gonna buy it!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 227
Looking at the screenshot, it looks like Nicky Boje joined Australia ;-).

yaar taimurasad bhai, what settings are you using in the display's section, i get crap graphics no matter which setting i take it too.

i must say the graphics are just sublime. It's up to FIFA Standards. But there are of course serveral bugs. The throwing action looks weird. I saw once the keeper throw the ball to a bowlers end but it wasnt a run out. The player emotions and animation is pretty good. For e.g i smashed a six and there was a cutscene of ponting and symonds looking rather angry. Overall i give it 7.5/10. Shots are totally changed i feel but i do get alot of stumpings. End of Innings highlight is a good iniative and diving at the crease also. The menu is very much like rugby 2005 but looks very good.

Asjad said:
yaar taimurasad bhai, what settings are you using in the display's section, i get crap graphics no matter which setting i take it too.

my settings
Resolution: 1024x768
Forced Detail: High
Shadows: On
Anti Aliasing: 2x

more screenshots;

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 186
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 181
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 168
My thoughts on EA Cricket 2005 are summed up in this one action video.

Get it here

Oozes quality.

Dodgy I reckon. Or is that one of those "special" deliveries.

Seems to me that the people who made this game were considered "special" at school, too. Allegedly.

I'm Loving the sweepshot. The game looks good. Batting is a bit tough to start of. Feilding looks good to me. Players do dive for catch in the outfield and sometimes, the ball just drops shot and runs towords the boundary. Looks really good. And one more thing, you should see the reaction of the bowler when he gets hit for a six. Its really nice. The game looks good but you'll get fed up flaying only three overs and that to by just batting. I wih if I could bowl.

I have this problem that whenever I double click on the install file nothing happens??? Why is this so, has it happened to anyone else, what should I do?

BTW why did the duck come up when Pieterson went out for 38??? i cant remember 38 ever being a duck

Just played it. Batting is certainly a lot tougher. You can no longer position your batsman after you see the ball marker. It is just a touch slow. Not as slow as people here have been suggesting. Graphics are good as are the animations.

The demo is certainly better than I expected but I probably won't buy it. I think I will stick with BLIC.

rickyp said:
BTW why did the duck come up when Pieterson went out for 38??? i cant remember 38 ever being a duck
Because you haven't scored any runs with him, it'll only happen in the demo

won the game without loss ... 4 sixes! 2 for pietersen and 2 for goughie! all down the track ... ;)

The Settings
Resolution: 1024x768
Forced Detail: High
Shadows: On
Anti Aliasing: 4x

Specs
Processor: Amd 3000+
Ram: 1Gb
Video Card: Asus FX 5600, 128 Mb

Attachments

• won - no loss.JPG
    won - no loss.JPG