Cricket 2005 Demo Released - Views, Opinions and Reviews

After about 10 goes at the demo I can win it every time with 4 balls. As long as a yorker isn't bowled, they will bowl a good line and length and you can just tonk it with an on-drive for six with Pieterson.

Every bloody time. Such is the lack of variation in the bowling.

Haven't had an edge yet. Haven't been bowled any less than 2 yorkers per over by Symonds, and about 4 per over with that other chap.

This game.....is gash.

Hey! i am with you bhail256, i won in the same way except peiterson got 3 sixes :D

Last edited:
this games awsome i dont no y yous think its not good mabye we expected a bit more because cricket 2004 was so bad

awesome ... i have kinda mastered the art of coming down the track. i will be working on the frontfoot shots now! everytime i sweep there is a top edge and if i try playing a drive or anything, the ball almost always spoons up or goes straigt into the fielders hands

lazy_chesnut said:
My thoughts on EA Cricket 2005 are summed up in this one action video.

Get it here

Oozes quality.

Dodgy I reckon. Or is that one of those "special" deliveries.

Seems to me that the people who made this game were considered "special" at school, too. Allegedly.

Video didn't work. Asking for a codec? I already got K-lite Mega Codec Pack Installed. What else should I install?

EDIT: Also if you cant play the yorkers, try sweeping.

Last edited:
lazy_chesnut said:
After about 10 goes at the demo I can win it every time with 4 balls. As long as a yorker isn't bowled, they will bowl a good line and length and you can just tonk it with an on-drive for six with Pieterson.

Every bloody time. Such is the lack of variation in the bowling.

Haven't had an edge yet. Haven't been bowled any less than 2 yorkers per over by Symonds, and about 4 per over with that other chap.

This game.....is gash.
That's what i ended up doing as well, the ai isn't that different to c2k4. I even hit one with Gough

Hey,

I just played the demo and was fairly satisfied with it. Clearly its just a more better looking version of Cricket 2004, thanks to the new 3d engine they are using.

The stadium crowds look amazing, but again I think thats due to the fifa engine once again. The players movement, talking and celebration plus the close ups of the videos really add a whole deal of realism to the game.

But the gameplay is almost a carbon copy of cricket 2004. So if you have played cricket 2004, you might get used to this one fairly easily. However Batting is tougher, which is good actually. Also stroke animation I think has improved, and shots look a whole lot proper and realistic thanks to the new and better motion capturing technology used for this game.

I think I will give this game a 6 on 10, and will buy it as soon as it is available.

lazy_chesnut said:
My thoughts on EA Cricket 2005 are summed up in this one action video.

Get it here

Oozes quality.

Dodgy I reckon. Or is that one of those "special" deliveries.

Seems to me that the people who made this game were considered "special" at school, too. Allegedly.
Could you compress it in .zip form?

Has anybody tried the DYNAMIC fielding angle? It just looks cool. Try it, You'll like it.

Plus. There are some wrong decissions being implemented like when the ball hits the pads and you know its out but the umpire won't give it. you'll see the cut-scene of bowler looking dissapointed and glaring at (I dont know who) and then it shows a reply with the skyline where you could clearly see that it was out. I looked very nice but I doubt if I'd like it when I'll be bowling it the game though I wonder what would the commentator say about it.

there sure are bugs but still the game is fun to play. the bowler would change his line if you start to get him for runs( this happened with me ). So thats another plus point.

All in all, a good game is what I have to say.

Will post more features as soon as I found. And I also want to know what is the button to dive in?

For people having problems with my little video, you need winrar (www.winrar.com) to decompress it. As for codecs, it's just a "raw" avi as far as I know. Came straight from fraps (www.fraps.com i think). I don't know that much about videos. I have Premier but can't be arsed to import it and resave it.

I'm lazy like that.

I've played the demo it's totally awesome. Only few bugs. Also in the demo can we bowl. Cause in the demo you could only bat.

lazy_chesnut said:
For people having problems with my little video, you need winrar (www.winrar.com) to decompress it. As for codecs, it's just a "raw" avi as far as I know. Came straight from fraps (www.fraps.com i think). I don't know that much about videos. I have Premier but can't be arsed to import it and resave it.

I'm lazy like that.

http://www.rarlab.com I think you'll find it is.

MAN......284MB.....way too much for me to download.....will take more than 18 hrs to download......

Does anybody lives in New Delhi,INDIA?.........I live at Saket near Malvia Nagar....

If anybody stays close to me just gimme a PM, i would like to take at look at the game at their place......comon guys....somebody must be living near me.

Users who are viewing this thread