Cricket 2005 - Report Bugs Here

Caught Behind ( Not! )

I had this weird situation yesterday night - I'm playing SA and I'm bowling in this Test with Nicky Boje( slow left arm) against a lower order batsman...I've got the perfect line & length set up, and he misses...you hear a sort of snick, but the keeper doesn't catch the ball, it falls to the ground, he picks it up, then the game acts as if the batsman was caught behind...with Richie giving his usual spiel about how the batsman got out.

However, nothing actually comes of it - the game continues as if nothing happened...I got this three times last night, I didn't bother to replay so I don't know whether there actually is a snick.

Anybody had this experience?

srpotdar said:
I had this weird situation yesterday night - I'm playing SA and I'm bowling in this Test with Nicky Boje( slow left arm) against a lower order batsman...I've got the perfect line & length set up, and he misses...you hear a sort of snick, but the keeper doesn't catch the ball, it falls to the ground, he picks it up, then the game acts as if the batsman was caught behind...with Richie giving his usual spiel about how the batsman got out.

However, nothing actually comes of it - the game continues as if nothing happened...I got this three times last night, I didn't bother to replay so I don't know whether there actually is a snick.

Anybody had this experience?

Yeah, that's happened to me quite often - always with spinners. In fact, I recall it happening in one of the earlier games, too - Cricket 2002 or 2004, can't remember which one. It's amazing how many of the bugys have persisted since C2002. Or how many were fixed in C2004 from C2002 but have remerged again in C2005! Glad this site exists, cos there's no hope of EA releasing a patch for these things...

Anyone noticed the AI ignoring the limitations within the first fifteen overs? Pakistan had four fielders on the boundary from the 10th over in the game I just played!!! This whilst the commentators are going on about the opening batsmen needing to take advantage of the fielding restrictions at the beginning of the innings...

hey whats up with asian player faces they are so dark
only few asian player have exact match with their own faces

Tanveerraza said:
hey whats up with asian player faces they are so dark
only few asian player have exact match with their own faces
Even some of the South African players look very little like their real life counterparts to me. But I agree: at least the SA, Aus and Eng players are mostly lifelike.

Just got the cricket 2005 Cd from my friend. My system meets all the requirements but one thing is the readme says that IE 6 is required. WHAT FOR?

And I am afraid to install IE6 on my Win 98 SE system again coz the previous time I did ...while restarting the system it backed up the registry since it had trouble going into Windows.

Can I install Cric 2005 without IE6?

I think you can, cause IE6 might be used for registeration.

instal a anivirus and then instal IE6 might be its not creat problem

umpire keeps giving leg bye or bye even when there's no run
even u win a match by wickets the commentatior say win by 2 runs

i dont know if this has been posted earlier but in the game sometime even when ball hits the body, the umpire calls it a wide and sometime even when no run is taken he signals for byes and legbyes. Abit stupidish it looks

I Can't Run My Game Into 1024*768 Resolution.....My Desktop Is Set To 1024*768 But The Game isn't Working In That Resolution Whenever I Select 1024*768 It Sets Itselfs To 800*600 :mad
Anyone Facing This Problem ! :help

Last edited:
the created players appear with black faces in the game but the hands are white, can anyone help

riyaz said:
the created players appear with black faces in the game but the hands are white, can anyone help
it also happened with me its a c2k5 bug :( i don't think that there is any way to sort it out ! if there is it will be great :rolleyes:

Originally Posted by scorpion_rulezz
I Can't Run My Game Into 1024*768 Resolution.....My Desktop Is Set To 1024*768 But The Game isn't Working In That Resolution Whenever I Select 1024*768 It Sets Itselfs To 800*600
Anyone Facing This Problem !

i think u select 800*600 resolution and then click continue and start the match
its atomaticaly goes to next resolution 1024*768

BUgs in Cricket 2005

Hi. This is the first time i've posted anything in this forum so firstly -
to all those guys who create patches for these games: FANTASTIC WORK!
THE BUGS:
(i haven't read through all the posts so maybe these things have already been discussed).
- the fielder at deep silly point or just in front of square:(usually there during the start of a test innings) he ducks for cover everytime the ball goes near him or hits him and then refuses to pick it up (I think this also happens to the fielder at batpad for the quicks). A fielder nearby then runs over & picks it up. This also happens to the bowler - you play a straight drive, it hits the bowler & trickles away, he runs back to the stumps & then a fielder runs in & fields the ball.
- the back foot defense shot: (has this been fixed in Tutsi's patch?) most of the other shots 'look' like cricket shots. What happened with this one?
- the misfields straight through the hands, & 9 out of 10 times the ball goes for 4.
- the cut scene between balls when the bowler is passing the umpire: he always walks back on the opposite side to where he bowled, i.e bowls over the wicket & walks back round the wicket. Even the non-striker batsmen has swapped sides.
- the umpires calling leg-byes or wides when no run has been taken or you've just played a shot & its gone to a fielder.
- the lack of stadiums in the sub-continent & the west indies. (It would be great if you could import stadiums from C2004 into C2005. Unrealistic I know, but then maybe EA will release an update?????to take up the wasted space on the second CD)
- the incredible speed of the fieldsmen.
- the AI bowling. Even the best bowlers in the world bowl loose deliveries. i.e balls wide outside off or leg stump or short that can be put away.

that's all i can remember for now. Don't get me wrong, I think this is a great game & adding the patches adds to the enjoyment. I just feel EA could have spent more research time in getting it right & getting people who actually play cricket to do their beta testing.
TA,
Axeman

Users who are viewing this thread