Cricket 2005 - Report Bugs Here

I CAN'T SAVE!!!!!!!

I'm doomed to playing Twenty20 Cricket and rush through a 100 overs in one day to complete a full-length ODI. And my favorite format, Tests? Not a chance. I don't get it. When you complete the over, there's no save option. Once BLIC came out, I thought of trying to save before the bowler bowls, but still can't. NO OPTION, I TELLS YA! This is for the Xbox version. Not many people seem to have that, though.

Really need some help, dude. Thanks in advance.

raptorclaw said:
I CAN'T SAVE!!!!!!!

I'm doomed to playing Twenty20 Cricket and rush through a 100 overs in one day to complete a full-length ODI. And my favorite format, Tests? Not a chance. I don't get it. When you complete the over, there's no save option. Once BLIC came out, I thought of trying to save before the bowler bowls, but still can't. NO OPTION, I TELLS YA! This is for the Xbox version. Not many people seem to have that, though.

Really need some help, dude. Thanks in advance.
Its a well known fact that u can't save in the xbox version.

Adarsh said:
Its a well known fact that u can't save in the xbox version.
Why the hell can't you save, goddamn it! Anyone know about any patches ... ? My PS2 has gone off somewhere at the moment.

Cricket 2005 pc version, my bugs complaint

Hi all, this is what I've found so far wrong or an issue with Cricket 2005 for pc.
I don't like no being able to change which keys do what, as you could in 2004 and 2002, I do not like the shift button being power button, prefer the 0 on the keypad next to right arrow.
If I'm wrong you can't change them, let me know how, as I have not found it.

My other complaint, even in easy mode, batting with left handers, in behind batsmen view (which is the way I prefer to bat as it is what you would see in real life) when bowlers bowl short, you cannot see ball marker, so very hard to play pull or hook shots.

Also commentry is really stuffed up compared to previous versions,

1/ Everytime I restart a save game and I'm batting, after first ball, Benaud will say, that is a leg bye.

Also what is with the partnership is worth, 1 more or 1 less than it actually is and I had Hayden get out last night and he said "he made 26 runs of zero balls"

The AI cannot keep up or soemthing.

Commentry is a real issue, pitty as the graphics are the best they've done yet.

If these have been mentioned already, fair enough

Phil

Bowling problem

i was playing with england and i was bowling with harmison and giles, and after i had an over with giles and it was harmisons over it was still Giles bowling, and he had harmisons run up and the commentator said harmison but it was giles bowling.

Attachments

• Giles.jpg
    Giles.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 145
hi guys,

i hope this not been reported...sorry if it has been.

When batting second in test matches..in the last (4th ) innings..the target shown is always wrong..suppose the correct target is 200 and i had scored 160 in my first innings ..the target shown is 360(200+160)...but the match is over when i score the required 200 runs..has ne one experienced this ? any help possible ?

The XBOX version of EA Cricket 2005 has the following bugs. I've put them in random order:

1. You cant save games (how can this ever be missed out?)
2. Stupid mis-fields after the ball has become dead
3. When a runout is effected whenboth batsmen are in the same half of the pitch, always the guy who is actually runout stay and the other one is out.
4. Fielder stops chasing the ball even when he runs faster than the ball and he can very well stop the boundary
5. Yorkers being hit for six very often and even by tailenders
6. Fielder misfields but celebrates as if the catch has been taken
7. Fielder takes the catch and everybody celebrates but the game continues without considering as a wicket.
8. Custom field setting is very very frustrating
9. The conditions are chosen before the match but does not change during the day
10. There are no day/night matches (only day matches or night matches)
11. Fielders make stupid horribly timed dives to miss the ball
12. You can bowl as many yorkers as you want. It is very very easy to bowl unlike in real cricket
13. It is very very easy to defend a yorker ball unlike real cricket. I have managed to defend all yorkers (more than 100) I have faced so far without getting out.
14. AI hit 62-6 in 10 overs match. As India, I chased and finished with 63-8 in 9.2 overs. Richie Benaud says "India win by 1 run". That was ridiculous!
15. Opponent pitched a short ball on leg stump line and that was goimg further down. I moved back as much as possible to give myself more room to play the cut. I was beaten and the ball went between the batsman and the stumps and the keeper collected it. The umpire calls WIDE. This happens every single time.
16. Almost impossible to drop the ball down and steal a quick single. All fielders of all teams are equally accurate in hitting the stumps.
17. When an LBW appeal is made, the batsmen are not allowed to run.
18. Some sixes are singalled and counted as fours.
19. You can very easily sweep the super-fast bowlers for boundaries.
20. You cant save your selected team. For each match, I need to swap Gambir for Kaif, Dhoni for Pathan, Bangar for Nehra and make Dravid as keeper and move players to their respective positions. This I need to do everytime I play with India.
21. I dont want to say anything about the commentary.
22. There is a summary screen at the end of each over and the cursor is defaulted to NEXT OVER below which there is CHANGE BOWLER. When we play co-op, very often when I'm bowling and when I want to change the bowler, my co-op player accidentally presses A and the game proceeds to the next over without allowing me to change the bowler. The keypress to proceed to the next over should rest with the bowling player.
23. When I want to play frontfoot, the batsman plays back foot and vice versa. Sometimes, this looks so stupid. In XBOX, button A is front foot. For a near good length ball, when I press A with good timing, the batsman would play a backfoot loft and get caught. The same happens with forward and backward defensive shots. Even for a bouncer, if I instruct to play a front foot shot the batsman should play and get hit on his head or whatever. Atleast we would feel that we are controlling the batsman. Very often the batsman would play somthing which you did not mean to play at all.
24. When a runout decision is referred to the third umpire, even before the third umpire's decision, the score card on the top right of the screen gets updated for the wicket or run as the case may be. So, you get to know the result even before the third ump says.
25. No manual appealing as promised.
26. The player sizes are huge when compared to the size of the ground.

Bugs written by Corey Taylor

- Front-foot drives. The batsman ALWAYS plays outside the ball and gets bowled if you play them to balls on off-stump. I've tried it in the nets and even if you time the shot perfectly, you will mis it every time. So if you get a ball on the stumps, unless you want to risk trying to time a leg-side shot, you have to defend. Frankly that's ludicrous. And even then, the drives are pointless because they just dribble past the bowler and with relatively attacking fields, there's always a fielder there.

- 6-hits. There's basically two six-hit shots and they are ridiculously easy to time even on the 'Hard' setting. The lofted on-drive and the lofted off-drive. In one Gilchrist innings, I hit 9 6's in the space of a few overs and even though his confidence had then gone to max, still couldn't time virtually any shot past any of the fielders. The only shot along the ground worth anything is the cover-drive. The rest may as well not be there at all.

- Some fielders are ridiculously accurate. If you hit the ball straight and make the mistake of thinking you've got the ball past the straight fielder, think again. I count at least 20 times where I've hit the ball, the fielder has dived and then thrown down the stumps. They NEVER miss. Same with any of the in-the-ring fielders; if you're out of your ground and think about taking a run, you are out. Simple. Stupid.

- THE COMMENTARY. Always the worst feature of EA cricket games, this one didn't let down the side. Atrocious and annoying after a while. Little variation and stupid comments which don't match the play like a batsman getting hit on the front pad and Ritchie saying "Oooo, that'll be sore in the morning!". At least the shot-neutral commentary is gone, though ("If any youngers out there want to see how to play 'that shot', that's the way to play it"). C'mon EA; commentary not matching the play was solved in the Fifa games in 1999, 6 years ago!

- The opposition play the deliveries you bowl the same way every time, even when their confidence is maxed-out from blocking for 40 overs. So basically, all I had to do to stop the opposition from scoring was the aim for the stumps and they blocked every one. Only when I occasionally got it wrong or got bored and tried a different line or length did they score any runs at all. In a ODI, on HARD! It took me 48 overs to bowl out South Africa for 89, admittedly on a green deck but come on.................

- Same old bugs. Bowlers still bowl the first ball of a lot of the overs around-the-wicket and then the rest of the over over-the-wicket. Minor gripe, though.

It seems very rushed (no coin-toss sequences or any real video sequences other than between deliveries or at the fall of a wicket). All the little atmospheric differences which make the difference between a game to avoid and a game worth the trouble are missing.
Pass it to EA developer :D

dumb bowler

when one hits a straight shot, and hits the bowlers stump, the bowler comes and just waits for a throw where as the ball is almost under his feet!! this is damn foolisssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! :p

Odd Bugs

I was playing the game without any patches in the medium mode. Was playing with India against the USA. I needed 53 to win. I hit 43 off one over because the bowler bowled two no balls and i missed one. Then i take a run the next over first ball. Tendulkar back on strike . I hit another six and the next ball when i tried to move the batsman the batsman was not moving but the cursor was moving. I was bowling now with USA and the oddest thing was now ganguly was on strike whom i had kept at 4th down and he hit a six which was added to tendulkar's total. I was pissed by this. anyways i put the ball forward and got hit for a six india had won. Also when the sideswapping took place i also noticed the infobar showing ganguly batting instead of Tendulkar. And there are many fielding bugs. For eg when the ball is not even in motion then also the fielder misfields it lol. :mad :eek: :mad: :crying after so much wait i was sooooooooooooooo dissapointed with this pathetic game.

@#$@#%#$^#

MORE stupidity now.

I was playing 20 20. I was playing with some team( i do not remember the name) against lancashire. I made 401 off the alloted 20- overs with murali bowling the last over. Now when the twenty overs are completed im bowling with murali and the bowler change screen is like the pic im attaching. I m not able to change the bowler and if murali gets hit for a six it adds to their (Lancashire's total) when my players are batting and i have only got murali and some other spinner to bowl with.

It was good that i had saved the game. When i tried ctrl+esc then i got some error. then c2k5 closed.

Attachments

• ass1.jpg
    ass1.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 82
stumpings?

THis may have been noted already in this thread but i'd like to register my astonishment nonetheless!
How much of a joke is are the stumpings in c2k5 ROFL! When u finally get the cpu batsmen to misjudge a ball and miss it the keeper takes about 4 ice ages to whip the bails off.

Jesus, EA are continually amazing me with their dodgy emulation of the game of the gods!

Anyone know if this can be patched?

Users who are viewing this thread