Cricket 2005 - Report Bugs Here

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Not sure if this is a bug or a feature...

I noticed when bowling to numbers 9,10 and 11 in a test match the decision was made to no longer play lbw, obviously to give the batsmen more of a chance. After 4 deliveries had hit the batsman dead in front without the bowler appealing I decided to try a new tactic and make him edge it. Sadly, there was no appeal on the two catches I took either so I was reduced to removing the stumps from the ground. So unrefined.
I'm all in favour of giving lesser batsmen a chance but I think there should be some warning before your means of dismissing the batsman are so much reduced.

zahidworld

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
U do a cover drive, fielder catches it but commentator says :

Thats a good four shot!

Sureshot

Executive member
manee said:
I was slightly disappointed with Cricket 2005 and sided with the other cricket game on the market.

And...this is why...

Batting

1. The bowlers always bowl on the stumps.

That happens in ODIs.

4. The front foot leg glance sometimes misses a straight ball landing you an unstoppable LBW.

That's your mis-timing

8. Shots shud vary depending on length like Brian Lara, however, this with the backfoot/frontfoot option would mean loads of shots and that you cant play a front foot leg glance to every ball.

So you want them to replicate each and every batsman in the world of cricket? yeh ok.

11. The button for the sweep shud b a different shot against a pacer

There are only so many buttons, and Why?

Bowling

1. You cant see the bowlers run ups.

I could when i played, and that's only the demo

3. Spin is good but the bounce is a bit too high.

Kumble, Giles, Vettorii, Warne and Afridi are just a few of who get high bounce, plsu it might be the pitch
Fielding

4. Silly points and short legs are wimps and look away from the only catches that they take in real life.

So you wouldn't flinch ifa batsmen played an off cover drive with the ball going at you at 40-70MPH?

5. Sometimes fielders are too brilliant and fast.

Maybe those fielders are fielders like Ponting, Collingwood, Kaif, etc.

General

1. The game does not flow and is (A RHYME COMING UP) slow.

thought it flowed brilliantly when i played it

4. The game is too hard.

Improve then

5. No varing shots for varying batsman.

Do you have any idea how long that would take to do?

Ok i'll reply to some of those.

born2win

School Cricketer
In test match I got these problems.
1. Whenever I save the same and load it after a while, when the batsmen score one or two runs on the first ball of that over umpire shows leg bye sign :p.
2. When I bowl 2 or 3 balls in the over and rain comes and the play stops. After the play resume the same bowler continue to bowl another 6 balls. i.e. totally the bowler bowls 6+additional balls bowled before the rain for that over :happy.

G

Gilchrist

And I have another, and this bug is also in ICC 2005 Ashes, Surrey V Middlsex at Derby?!

thedude

School Cricketer
the fielders and wicketkeepers are too slow

the bowlers appeal too much

awesome_boy

School Cricketer
I Have A Problem

My PC Configuration is Pentium III, Speed 1.0 GHz (1000 MHz), 128 MB RAM, Windows XP Professional, NVIDIA Graphic Card, Creative Sound Card, Direct X 9.0 C

When I install Cricket 2005 (not demo but full version) and then I run the game, the graphics do not appear but green coloured "TEXTURE MISSING" text appears all around on the red background and I am unable to play the game.

Can anybody help me with this? How can this be removed thus enabling me to play the game?

Plz HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

cri

School Cricketer
bonus delivery bug

hi all,
i dont know if others have noticed this....when we use a fast medium bowler like mcgrath,once his confidence levels rises to the max we get those bnus deliveries,so if we use the slower ball and pitch it to bouncer lenght targetting the batsman,and continue to bowl it even slower,we would notice that the batsman tries to paly of the backfoot but the ball is so low that he comletly misses it and gets clean bowled or is struck in front for a lbw.the only other possibility is that the ball pitches twice before the crease and its called a no ball.the funny thing is you can get all six wickets in a over that way

kush

Club Cricketer
cri said:
hi all,
i dont know if others have noticed this....when we use a fast medium bowler like mcgrath,once his confidence levels rises to the max we get those bnus deliveries,so if we use the slower ball and pitch it to bouncer lenght targetting the batsman,and continue to bowl it even slower,we would notice that the batsman tries to paly of the backfoot but the ball is so low that he comletly misses it and gets clean bowled or is struck in front for a lbw.the only other possibility is that the ball pitches twice before the crease and its called a no ball.the funny thing is you can get all six wickets in a over that way

thats what i do sometimes or i get a wet pitch and get bowlers to ball 1/2 way down the pitch and it goes under the bat. but sometimes you get lbw's that way and when i get 2 lbws in a row, i loose my bonus deliveries.

G

Gilchrist

And I found one: When I play an Australian Domestic Season, I try the fixtures for 2005/06, but are 2004/05.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Gilchrist said:
And I found one: When I play an Australian Domestic Season, I try the fixtures for 2005/06, but are 2004/05.

I don't think this is an EA bug. I take you downloaded my 05/06 patch. If so it should change if you have installed it correctly.

y2j826

International Captain<br><a href="http://www.plane
i was playing a single test match series and at end the player of the series was DARREN LEHMAN, how can he be cuz he was not even in a 14 man squad.

Users who are viewing this thread